• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your 40X rimfires!!

Re: Lets see your 40X rimfires!!

by some time next month, the rifle will be wearing a custom thumb hole maple stock. that scope is the Mueller 8-32x44...very bright, fairly forgiving till about 25-28x and still forgiving at 32x. and its kind of heavy. but clarity is out of this world for a 250 dollar scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bump!! </div></div>

Damn, thought you got your 40X back after the mag conversion and were posting pics..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Some great looking rimfires here....makes my Anschutz look a little "under-spec"!

Can't think I've ever seen a 40X here in the UK - lots of CZ, Annies, Rugers etc. but that's about it. Maybe I need to look harder?

Does the 40X action sit in the McM/AICS stocks same as a 700 would? How about the mag well? (Sorry if this is a stupid question!) </div></div>

Barsa I have a USMC 40x with a PT&G Bolt, If you want one maybe we could work out a trade for your Anshutz.

Can someone give me a pointer an the value of a 40x? A friend of mine is wanting to sell his 40x I don't have pictures but I can describe it. I would consider the stock at about 85-90% the barreled action finish at 90% with the normal wear on the bolt knob. The stock does have a few small scratches but you would have to look for them. The only thing that I have really noticed is the sight base on the barrel is not sitting perfectly parallel with the barrel upon closer examination it looks like someone stripped one of the threads in the barrel and did a botched job of repairing it. It does have all the peep sights and palm rest. He's asking $800, is that a good price?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.Williams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone give me a pointer an the value of a 40x? A friend of mine is wanting to sell his 40x I don't have pictures but I can describe it. I would consider the stock at about 85-90% the barreled action finish at 90% with the normal wear on the bolt knob. The stock does have a few small scratches but you would have to look for them. The only thing that I have really noticed is the sight base on the barrel is not sitting perfectly parallel with the barrel upon closer examination it looks like someone stripped one of the threads in the barrel and did a botched job of repairing it. It does have all the peep sights and palm rest. He's asking $800, is that a good price? </div></div>

Assuming the sight base issue isn't too bad, and with the sights (assuming they are the Redfield Olympic or Internationals) I think that is a fair figure. The rifles aren't getting any easier to find.

Thanks for the reply. Since the post the owner has allowed me to look the rifle over for several days and I have found a few other issues that has forced me to pass on this one. The base is one of those issues, it appears that the base isn't orginal, the orginal hole spacing on the barrel does not match the base that is on it now and they were covered up by the base. Some rust on the muzzle would have ment the barrel needed to be set back a 1/2" and re-crowned. But at least I was able to give it a good going over before buying. Thanks