• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your rifles in AICS stocks.......

GunjunkieM24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
Monahans Tx
Looking to build a new rifle in the AICS 2.0 stock. Having a hard time deciding which color. I would also like to see some close ups around the fit around the action area...

I am going to be building a Magnum long action and I worry that the folder area is going to be painful on the nose....Any of you guys had any issues with the folder "kissing" you under recoil?

I have had one of these ( 1.5 ) a couple of years ago and didnt like the feel at the time but ready to try another. Just want to ask a few questions and see some pics. I realy think the folder is what I want but would like to hear some pros and cons....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Lets see your rifles in AICS stocks.......

If you didn't like the feel of the AICS before..you probably stil won't. I think the "coolness" factor of the AICS keeps you wanting one, but most shooters either like or dislike the feel from the get go. It is not an "acquired taste" kinda thing.

Chris,
Good point. I probably should have qualified my comments a little more. I was more of a traditionalist back then...was really hung up on McMillans. Since then I have shot a couple of the 1.5s in 308's and they do seem to be growing on me. I will say that the LOP seems short but there are additional spacers to be had. I really like the idea of the folder...just havent had any buddies that have had one to shoot....

I have an AW 308 with the folding stock and have never had any problem with the folding mechanism causing damage during recoil. I find the folding stock to be a great thing when going to clean the rifle so I can fold the stock to remove the bolt and insert a bore guide. Definitely love the rifle!!

Thanks Tim1071

I didnt realize that was there....thought it was in the photo section. I am really wanting some close ups around the action and some pros and cons about the folder and any issues with it under recoil.

Thanks again for any help.