• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lets see your trainers

_Shay_

thing 2
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
USA
I am getting a savage mkII soon. I want to see your trainers to see what I like and dont like. Thanks guys

Re: Lets see your trainers

163zh2.jpg

An M24 trainer in 223 built for my son (he's 4 mo old, so I guess I'll have to break it in for him). C Prefix 700P action and barrel skim bedded in an HS stock w/ adjustable LOP + HS detachable mag system + badger 30MOA base + Leupy MK4 3x9 PR scope and rings. When his big brother (a spec M24) is built in a few months, I'll send this one out again to get the action blueprinted, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MKIIBOLTSIDEFQUARTER.jpg

MKIIREARVIEW.jpg

MKIICROSSHAIRSRANGE.jpg

MKIITOPQUARTER.jpg

MKIITOPFQUARTER.jpg

MKIIBOLTSIDE.jpg

MKIISMOOTHSIDERANGE.jpg

my other trainer (22 mag)and primary:
SHOOTING_STATION_SIDE_VIEW.jpg

.22mag
22MAGRFCPVIEWJPG.jpg

</div></div>
I like the scope on the tor riflw. Which scope is that?

if you are talking about the wooden stock mkii, it's a simmons 6-24x sf pro hunter mildot. seems nice for the price ($135 out of natchez) wouldn't pay the full asking price of around $200.00 for it, but under 150.00 seems nice.
portion of simmons review thread
it'll do until i save up for a nikon, but very pleased with it so far. mildots, 1/8" adjustment, side focus, not to big, not too small. comes with the sunshade. tracks good, pretty clear.

the bigger numbers on the turrets were scratched in by me as all the graduations were numbered in tens, i started losing count of the inches / moa adjustment. so now i have a click count, inches, and moa count on the same turret.

the 22 mag is a centerpoint 4-16x from walmart. for 69.00, it's a decent scope, lots of options, staying true for 3 years now of mucho hunting and shooting in heat, cold, wet, etc. very surprised with it.

the .308 has a barska swat on it, it's another surprising scope that i bought on clearance for 109.00 it'll due until i get a nikon or leopold on it.

i was going to put a barska swat on that mkii, but in that attach link above i think i described how the simmons was clearer. as a matter of fact you chimed in at the end of that thread also.

Cool. Well lets keep em coming then. Specs would be nice

Pretty plain when compared to some of the sticks around here... Here's my CZ 452 Varmint w/Tac 65 and Rifle Basix trigger.
IMG_0932.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SHOOTING_STATION_SIDE_VIEW.jpg
22MAGRFCPVIEWJPG.jpg

</div></div>Do those things rattle, produce venom, and bite when you step on them?
laugh.gif

OK here's mine.
Anschutz match 64 22LR with Lepould Vari-X III 6.5 X 20 X 50
target dot reticle on a Rimfire Technologies 20 MOA rail and
Atlas bipod mounted with BT28 AFAR kit

traner085.jpg

traner075.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. Well lets keep em coming then. Specs would be nice</div></div>

specs ye shall have

savage mkii -22lr - fully freefloated bull barrel, 1 lb rifle basix trigger, 20 moa base, b square rings, simmons 6-24x sf mildot 1/8" adj scope with target turrets, weaver polarized lens caps, oversized knob, caa cheekpiece attached to stock via rail, b square rifle level, harris 6-9" bipod with multiple attachment points on laminated stock, modified finger grooves in stock for grip memory. counter balanced weights in rear of stock, 5rnd removable magazine

marlin 882 stainless - .22 magnum - as fully free floated barrel as i can get it (the bastards put a mounting screw dovetailed to the barrel), recessed crown, .75 lb rifle basix trigger, millet rings, 4-16x centerpoint red/green ill. mildot 1/4" adj turret scope, weaver polarized lens caps, highly modified stock, oversized knob, caa cheekpiece attached to stock via rail, picatinny rail on side of stock for light / laser, harris 13-27" or 9-13" pivot bipod, butler creek sling, uncle mike swivels, 7 rnd removable magazine.

what are the usual prices on the MKII-FV? Also, do I need a 20 moa base or am I just waisting money?

I<span style="text-decoration: line-through"> dont see the pics</span> Now I do. Where did you get that and how much? Were did you get that painted? I really like that paint scheme.

The 20MOA base is going to let you shot at longer distances than not havng one. Say your scope is on a flat base and you have XMOA of up. When you add the 20MOA base the base gives you an extra 20MOA of elevation by sloping the scope at an angle to the barrel. Looks like all the rifles here except the 93R17 has them installed. EGW's 20MOA base for the MKII is like 40$ well worth that.

http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_128&products_id=280

action Brno model 4 is about 200usd, barell LW 24" 400usd, Manners Stock about 400-450 usd no inlent , painting 60usd
I am from Czech Republic Ammo for my BRNO is Lapua Master M
My new project will 64MPR Annie (tactical)

Great looking rifle & set-up. One of the best I've seen. What does the Lapua ammo cost a box in the Czech Republic? In U.S. dollars that is. Just curious in comparing the cost between the 2 countries.

SO this what I plan to get.

-Savage mkII fv,
-krylon khackie for barrel, action and rings,
-some type of cool lookin rings,
-tasco varmint 6-24x42

How does that sound?

My newest build, a Keng's N522 .22 caliber Heavy Barrel bolt action rifle with Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Mil-Dot, Leaper's Solid, Medium 22 Rings, Winchester bipod, Uncle Mike's 1907 military sling.

N552_1.jpg

N552_3.jpg

N552_2.jpg

My training time behind the trigger just got a whole lot cheaper!

That is a nice lookin rifle Trigger pull

Here's my 40X. She's probably getting a new paint job this weekend.

IMG_4084.jpg

Phylo, I wish you would stop posting pics of that thing.
mad.gif
I want an Anschutz, but every time I see that build I want one just like that one.
sick.gif

Why not have both?

22lr ammo is cheap, the savings will pay for having one of each.

Eventually
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not have both? 22lr ammo is cheap, the savings will pay for having one of each. Eventually
wink.gif
</div></div> My wife says your kind of influence is the kind I don't need.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my 40X. She's probably getting a new paint job this weekend.

IMG_4084.jpg
</div></div>

That is a nice rigg for a trainer. Well done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my 40X. She's probably getting a new paint job this weekend.

IMG_4084.jpg
</div></div>

Damn Philo, that is a damn nice lookin' rig.

Keith

Thanks guys, probably some of the best money I've spent to date. Gives me something to do besides picking my nose while I'm letting the centerfire barrels cool down. Shoots in the .4's at 50, .9's at 100 and hits consistently enough on steel out to 300 to have surprised several folks at the range.

So what should I get. Savage mkII-fv or Ruger 10/22 and put some cool stuff on it?

Blasting Fun= 10/22, accurate 10/22 fun= expensive after market parts, accurate fun= Mark II

I have both and don't shoot the 10/22 anymore.

My $.02

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what should I get. Savage mkII-fv or Ruger 10/22 and put some cool stuff on it? </div></div>

Do you want a "trainer" for your boltgun or a cool 10/22?

Your immediate gut answer to that question should tell you where to spend you money.

I would opt for the Savage. I have a Savage 93R17 (17HMR), a couple of 10-22's and a CZ452 (22LR). 10-22's are a very pricey way to get into a precision trainer! I have over $1K in one of mine. The other is an iron sight trainer that I did most of the work on myself. Still have almost $500 in it. I got the CZ 452 Varmit, 20MOA scopebase, YoDave trigger kit and mounted a Nikon 4.5-14 for $200 less than I spent on the high dollar 10-22. The CZ outshoots it consistently. I've been shooting it all the way out to 200 yards. The Savage will shoot as well.

Here is my rebuild of a Remington 581 I have had since I was about 7. DIY stock and floated barrel, added two pillars and a spigot for a versapod into the end of the stock. Still holds a consistent 1/2 to 3/4moa at 50 yards after at least 50,000 rounds and lots of abuse. Base is a one piece unit from an air rifle, I think the scope is a Bushnell something with a mildot reticle and a stoney point turret.

Finishedtrainer002.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So get the savage. Bull barrel? </div></div>

Yes, I would recommend a Savage Mark iI BV or FV (plastic or wood is up to you), if you are sure you're going to change out the stock get the FV since it's the cheapest 'V' model.

Branden

This is my trainer. Savage MKII FV. Super Sniper is mounted now. Works good with CCI Mini Mag HP ammo. Needs a 20 MOA base. I can get to 250 yds, but run out of elevation before 300.

22target006jpg.jpg

Okay, Ill special order one at the walmart then.

Posted here before but that seems the case with many in this thread:

.22LR Quad, Manners T4, SWR Spectre, Leupy 16X, Harris 6-9, BO knob, 20MOA base and bottom metal from Rimfire Technology -
t4quad.jpg

Do you have a heavy barrel on that one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a heavy barrel on that one?
</div></div>

Nope, had a Lilja on order but found that the stock barrel shot pretty good so I called up Lilja and cancelled the order.

So aheavy barrel isnt really needed?