• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lets see your trainers

Re: Lets see your trainers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given I already have the pics for another thread, let's post them here too.
New CM-2 from MT Guns. $600 shipped. Tac driver.

cimg0498b.jpg

cimg0502i.jpg

cimg0503p.jpg

</div></div>

Just curious, what is in the front site? I looks like Vaseline to me. Is that just for shipping, storage or is there another purpose behind it?

Good looking rifle BTW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SURGE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
img0106k.jpg

img0107ob.jpg

My little AI trainer....thanks Moon! </div></div>

Now that's just plain amazing!

11ff78d5.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">(Bottom)... My Appleseed trainer, just a 10/22 with Tech-Sights and judicious stoning...</span>

RomanianTrainingRifle.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">My old Romanian M69 training rifle</span>

I just sold the Rommy 69 as parts were very hard to find. However, I miss it and may try to buy it back. Even in its old age it was accurate.

Josh <><

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onesureshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given I already have the pics for another thread, let's post them here too.

cimg0498b.jpg

cimg0502i.jpg

cimg0503p.jpg

</div></div>

Just curious, what is in the front site? I looks like Vaseline to me. Is that just for shipping, storage or is there another purpose behind it?</div></div>
Is not vaseline. It's that the inside of the front sight globe doesn't seem to have been coated.
The camera Flash brought that particular up, otherwise you don't even notice it.
The thing is boringly accurate, and best part of it, it is not nearly as picky about ammo as my 10/22 Target (which is very accurate, but with things like Wold ME).

I have just about finished the new stock. Waiting on the recoil pad and blind sling inserts...
CZ 452 Varmint

IMGP5280.jpg

Droopz,

It is one I made. It is a knock off of my Manners GAT. I wanted something that was close for alternative position practice. Started life as a rough cut 2x6...then met the saw ect. Has a layer of fiberglass, a pillar job and bedded. Only took about 12 hours to build...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MTETM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Droopz,

It is one I made. It is a knock off of my Manners GAT. I wanted something that was close for alternative position practice. Started life as a rough cut 2x6...then met the saw ect. Has a layer of fiberglass, a pillar job and bedded. Only took about 12 hours to build...
</div></div>

That's about the nicest 2 x 6 I've ever seen! Good job.

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: onesureshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given I already have the pics for another thread, let's post them here too.

cimg0498b.jpg

cimg0502i.jpg

cimg0503p.jpg

</div></div>

Just curious, what is in the front site? I looks like Vaseline to me. Is that just for shipping, storage or is there another purpose behind it?</div></div>
Is not vaseline. It's that the inside of the front sight globe doesn't seem to have been coated.
The camera Flash brought that particular up, otherwise you don't even notice it.
The thing is boringly accurate, and best part of it, it is not nearly as picky about ammo as my 10/22 Target (which is very accurate, but with things like Wold ME).
</div></div>

Man what a trip. I sat and stared at the pics again and I could have sworn there was something packed inside the tube, then all of a sudden it became clear, and I could see the empty tube. It was like looking at one of the those hidden image pictures. Weird.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SURGE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
img0106k.jpg

img0107ob.jpg

My little AI trainer....thanks Moon! </div></div>

Details please </div></div>

haha! Surge I knew this would happen. Dont worry I already PMed him also on it.

img0106k.jpg

img0107ob.jpg

Hall .22LR repeater action:uses 10 rnd Sako mags
Moon @ GAP dovetailed the receiver with a stop just like an AW and also set it up with an AI pic rail. AI type bolt handle and knob were made and installed.
Barrel is a Bartlein match: 20" and threaded for can.
AICS 2.0 modded with custom CNC'd magwell to accept Sako mags(will take pictures of it. It's amazing!!!)and for Jackson trigger. Skim bedded as well.
DT SRS mount and PH currently on it.
Thanks again Moon!
S.

I just got done building this one.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

I used a Anschutz 64 MPR action. I had a airsoft stock that I wanted to put to use. I know everyone hates airsoft. But I can't believe how close this stock is to a actual AICS stock. I took the skins off of this one and the skins from my AICS would fit on it!!! Even the bolt holes lined up!!
IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1366.jpg

I had a friend machine out a block of AL so I could fit the action in it.

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

I just slid the block into the stock. Bolted in the Action and I was done. I had to dremil out part of the block and cut some parts off of the stock but it all went together very well.

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

The mag still works great. Only thing is you need to reach up a little into the stock to get it. A 10 round mag works better then the 5 rounders do.

IMG_1371.jpg

I had to cut some of the skin away to get the safty to work.
IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

I had to put on some extra high mounts to get the eye relief right. I just ordered a base for it from Rimfire Tec. I haven't shot it yet. I just got it done last night. But in the original stock it shot lights out all the time.

Here is a pic of it next to my 64 MPR in 17HMR that Manners made a stock for.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Now if i can find some time to put some rounds through it.

Thanks guys. The stock is from a Ares AW 338 CNC version. That airsoft gun is not cheap. If you use one of the cheap ones you will need a lot of marine tex to get the action to sit in the stock.

The Anschutz 64 MPR I got a few years ago. I think I paid around $850 or so for it. The airsoft gun was $500. The rings are just some cheap BLK ones $25 or so. The bipod is a Atlas with the AI spigot. $220. I had a friend do the machine work on the AL so that didn't cost me anything. So about $1700 total not counting the glass. I think the 64 MPRs are little more $ now though.

where do you guys get the camo done on your rifles? i really want to camo my 597 lol. and my remington 700 if i ever get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
.22mag
22MAGRFCPVIEWJPG.jpg

</div></div>

Who did the paint on these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cjgemm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1010047.jpg
</div></div>

Nice!

Drumie,
That's one of the nicest 22's I've seen in a while!

Nice job..

Don't forget a range report when you get her out..

Thanks for sharing

RJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drumie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to cut some of the skin away to get the safty to work.
IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

I had to put on some extra high mounts to get the eye relief right. I just ordered a base for it from Rimfire Tec. I haven't shot it yet. I just got it done last night. But in the original stock it shot lights out all the time.

Here is a pic of it next to my 64 MPR in 17HMR that Manners made a stock for.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Now if i can find some time to put some rounds through it.
</div></div>

First of all I gotta say, kick ass gun!
Well after seeing this I decided to put my 10/22 into a custom stock, and I worked all day on making an A4 for my 10/22. once dremel work is done I will get pics up.
-Felipe

Drumie's friend needs to sell action blocks! A CZ 452 action block and a chassis like that would definately interest me!

Sorry guys my friend can't make the blocks and sell them. Plus the block was only cut out for a Anschutz 64 action. It wouldn't work for a CZ. You might be able to get a CZ to fit but I'm not sure.

Richard. I will give a range report when i get a chance. Only problem is i am in NY so the weather won't be very good for groups for a while. Plus I just got my new GAP 223 on Thursday (Merry Christmas to me!!!) that I need to put some rounds down range with.
Thanks guys for all of the great coments on the gun though.

I'm not good with a camera.

What I might be photographing is seldom even slightly out of the ordinary anyway.

I'm also a kinda private person about my possessions in general, and my meager arsenal in particular. I just don't feel especially comfortable putting my chattels out there in general view on the Internet.

No criticism of those who do, but I guess I'm just a tad bashful on that score.

Where .22 trainers are concerned, I maintain an old, very Plain Jane secondhand Savage MKII, with Tasco rings and a Tasco 6-24x42 Mildot Varmint/Target Scope. Entire expenditure, maybe $250. Gets the job done, no frills. It really likes Federal Classic bulk ammo. If I were to alter it significantly, it would probably be to handmake a wooden stock somewhat along the lines of the McM A3 Tactical stock that's on my custom Savage LR rifle. Mainly just in an effort to duplicate the ergonomic aspects.

My semi is a 10/22 with a buncha costly bells and whistles, but truth told, swapping out the stock and barrel for a Butler Creek target package set, and doing the Volquartsen internals swapout would get you to very nearly the same degree of accuracy and reliability without even half the cost I encountered.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not good with a camera. What I might be photographing is seldom even slightly out of the ordinary anyway. Greg </div></div>

Same here. I have one of the surplus Romanian M1969s, and a Savage MkII BTV. The Savage sports an EGW 20moa base and Warne rings, with a Mueller APV scope and a 6-9" bipod. As much as I'd like to stick an A4 stock under it, it shoots fine just the way it is.

I suspect that investing in costly accessories for inexpensive firearms sorta makes a silk purse from a sow's ear.

For elevation slope, I will use shims to find a slope value, then bed the base to retain that slope.

This can also be done with separate bases, but it's a bit of a hassle.

I have experiments with flexible shims between the scope tube and bottom ring halves for grooved receiver rings, but that's also kind of a hassle.

When using this approach, one ends up with a one-off custom. It can save money, but sometimes it's not the best approach.

Greg

DirtRacer151
<span style="text-decoration: underline">I have seen several quads setup like yours with the mcmillen type stock and the big wide magazine making the gun look like a centerfire. I am assuming the gun is a 22LR and was wondering if the magazine holds 22LR rounds or is it just for looks?
Is this an easy mod or does it require extensive gunsmithing?
Thanks for helping a newbie </span>

Nevermind I saw your other post should have looked there first

Just picked this up this weekend. I posted it in another thread, but here it is anyway:

2j3puzm.jpg

Savage Mk II TR with a Bushnell 4200 Tactical 6-24x50, R/T 25moa base, IOR 30mm low rings, Harris 6-9 notched swivel bipod, and an Eagle Shooter's Stock Pack.
I haven't been able to get it to the range yet, but it feels very similar to my HS Precision. The bolt was a little stiff out of the box, but a few minutes polishing on the buffer had it cycling very smoothly.

Here is mine. APA Sako Quad Trainer in .22LR. My absolute favorite gun in the safe to shoot.

IMG00137-20100513-1701-1.jpg

Honestly, I was going to go with one of those, but the Savage TR was just so much more.......................inexpensive!LOL
Very nice rig.

Hope to get mine going soon, I have a marlin 925, harris bipod, stock pack, and now I need the scope, a tasco 2.5-10 and a set of rimfire rings. I know it isn't the best, but it will get the job done.

That sounds like a pretty nice rig. I'm looking forward to seeing pics once you get it all together.

I'm actually thinking about not getting a scope. I'd rather buy a lot of ammo than a junky scope, since my budget is low, so I'll put the irons back on and call it good until I have the money to get something better.

Pics to come very soon.