• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mark 6 3-18x40mm, 34mm Tube, w/ TMR Pics and Review..

Thanks for this review. This I've is on my short list. If anyone has any other first hand glass comparisons between this and others in the price range, Bushnell or Vortex, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again, good review.

Its first rate glass. I think that's pretty much the best description - I haven't seen anything that I would says is BETTER in all caps, and I usually run a 4-16x56 Hensoldt. You won't get this scope and say anything about the glass versus anything else.

As for an earlier poster asking "Who would use a 30MIL holdover?" I have - 300 blackout subs WAYY out there. It works very well too.

Thanks for this review. This I've is on my short list. If anyone has any other first hand glass comparisons between this and others in the price range, Bushnell or Vortex, it would be appreciated.

Thanks again, good review.

Its first rate glass. I think that's pretty much the best description - I haven't seen anything that I would says is BETTER in all caps, and I usually run a 4-16x56 Hensoldt. You won't get this scope and say anything about the glass versus anything else.

As for an earlier poster asking "Who would use a 30MIL holdover?" I have - 300 blackout subs WAYY out there. It works very well too.

Thanks for the input...Between stellar reccos like that and the weight savings vs similar optics, i might be sold. 10-11 ounces is allot!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have the same scope, but with the H58 reticle, and it's awesome. I've talked to Leupold about the slight movement and the rep said the Point of Aim will not shift unless it clicks.

I do have a question about the parallax though. How off does it seem to be from the meters that are on parallax? At 100 yards, it seems to take forever and a day to get the right parallax for the distance.

My parallax works fine. I never look at the parallax yardage versus the shot taken. The scope clears out easily in my opinion. The longer the turn the more fine tuning you have in my opinion.

As far as pictures I need to take some more and get the orange tint out. As always the pictures do not do the scope justice.

Sorry it it's already been asked - I didn't read through all the posts. Have you tried it in lower light conditions - Dawn and dusk? Seem to hold its own?

I apologize for I'm new to tactical scopes, for this being my first one, but what do you mean by longer the turn? Could you take any shots by keeping it on infinity?

I saw Luepold is putting out an illuminated version of this scope with M5C2 turrets. For 1300 more than the non-illuminated version. I want whatever they are smoking

I decided to try some dusk photos to try to give some sort of twilight examples. Scope set at 12x.

Around 8:30 EST
20130625_205913-1_zpsdb42ffe8.jpg

Around 9:00 EST
20130625_210741-1_zps7ef20941.jpg

Around 9:40 EST
20130625_212441_HDR-1_zpsb2d1e914.jpg

They are the best pictures I could get given that they are taken from a phone. Pictures of barn are roughly 435 yds. away. It does have really good dawn/dusk performance.

Last edited:
I decided to try some dusk photos to try to give some sort of twilight examples. Scope set at 12x.

Around 8:30 EST
20130625_205913-1_zpsdb42ffe8.jpg

Around 9:00 EST
20130625_210741-1_zps7ef20941.jpg

Around 9:40 EST
20130625_212441_HDR-1_zpsb2d1e914.jpg

They are the best pictures I could get given that they are taken from a phone. Pictures of barn are roughly 435 yds. away. It does have really good dawn/dusk performance.

THANK YOU!!!! I've been dying to see this! This was the only factor that was making me strongly consider the premier light tactical over the Luepold. You have now solidified my decision to get he Mark 6. Honestly even in that last picture it isnt too bad and if I wanted to shoot that late I'd just get nightvision. Do you feel the performance is good enough to allow you to take a shot in twilight hours? I'm sure the camera does not do it justice. Thanks so much!

Get it. You won't regret it. I've put nearly 400 rounds down with it and my 308. My only regret is I love it so much I want the Mark 8 now for my TRG 42 project for the extra magnification. But u like the design of the 6 better. Overall size and mag ring. The 8 seems more like a mark 4 to me with the Mark 6 turrets.

Like stated in earlier posts it does darken slightly after 12x. With a full moon I can shoot white paper at 100. If I wanted to make reliable shots at night I would have NV to make a clean kill. The edges of the pictures taken were brighter due to the camera that in actually was. I tried to take a picture to get the sky right but it wouldn't let me get it. Through the scope it was correct so it didnt matter.

I'm "frugal as hell" and I feel I got way more than my moneys worth in my purchase. Its a very good purchase if you can get through the B.S. reviews of Leupold. It's not a MK4 and can be compared to best out there.

Like stated in earlier posts it does darken slightly after 12x. With a full moon I can shoot white paper at 100. If I wanted to make reliable shots at night I would have NV to make a clean kill. The edges of the pictures taken were brighter due to the camera that in actually was. I tried to take a picture to get the sky right but it wouldn't let me get it. Through the scope it was correct so it didnt matter.

I'm "frugal as hell" and I feel I got way more than my moneys worth in my purchase. Its a very good purchase if you can get through the B.S. reviews of Leupold. It's not a MK4 and can be compared to best out there.

I think a lot of the stigma revolves around the bad taste Luepold left in peoples mouths by continuing to make the Mark 4 while the rest of the competition advanced. It sounds like that is happening to S&B while they sit on their laurels with their guaranteed $$$ from military contracts and other companies like NF, Premier, and Luepold have begun to step up their game. I'll be placing an order for a Mark 6 tomorrow. I can't wait. Hopefully the wait isnt too long. As far as a reticle do you think the Tremor2/H-58 is worth the extra coin? No way I'm selling out over $1000 more to get illumination. That's just stupid when $1000 buys you 1/3 of a PVS-14 Gen 3.... Maybe Luepold business leaders felt with the illumination it was comparable to the S&B and the like so they thought they could get away with charging more. Who knows....

Both of the Horus reticles have their place but to me they were too busy. Also they are thicker than the TMR if I recall. The only advantage I saw in a Horus is that you have a grid to help with follow up shots. I prefer the TMR due to simplicity. The Horus reticles reminded me of having to aim through graph paper for holdovers. Not my cup of tea but each his own.

Man... this optic is really making me second guess my optic choice for my Gladius clone... I was originally set on something like a Steiner 3-15x50mm or Nightforce F1... but the idea of a lightweight optic with comparable glass makes the decision tough.

Man... this optic is really making me second guess my optic choice for my Gladius clone... I was originally set on something like a Steiner 3-15x50mm or Nightforce F1... but the idea of a lightweight optic with comparable glass makes the decision tough.

For me the Steiner is too new. They only recently began making tactical scopes. I'd want something from a proven company. The F1 is a good choice I just feel with that kind of money you could get a Premier light tactical which is a better scope in my opinion if you can deal with the limited elevation travel. Honestly I'd chose the Premier LT over all scopes in that price range, but with Luepold's military discount you'd have to be stupid not to take that deal. Only thing I feel I'm missing out on is an illuminated reticle, which everyone says isn't a big deal anyway. Only other major difference is the pinch turrets/slightly sloppier turrets compared to a NF or Premier, but I'm sure they get the job done just fine and don't affect performance at all.

Don't forget about the March 3-24x42 non-illuminated model for $2260 shipped. I'd pick it every day over a F1 or Premier LT.

For me the Steiner is too new. They only recently began making tactical scopes. I'd want something from a proven company.

wow. Steiner IS a proven company.

I qualify for the Leupold Fed/Mil program, and I'm willing to consider the Leup Mark 6 and Mark 8 ONLY because of the substantial discount. No way the Leupolds are worth retail price. I'm leaning toward the Steiner because of price value and the MSR reticle. Leupold reticles in the Mark 6 and 8 are lousy, especially the Horus offerings.

wow. Steiner IS a proven company.

I qualify for the Leupold Fed/Mil program, and I'm willing to consider the Leup Mark 6 and Mark 8 ONLY because of the substantial discount. No way the Leupolds are worth retail price. I'm leaning toward the Steiner because of price value and the MSR reticle. Leupold reticles in the Mark 6 and 8 are lousy, especially the Horus offerings.

How long has Steiner made rifle scopes? Exactly. Just because a bakery has been making donuts for 80 years doesn't mean I'd trust their wings if they started serving them.

As far as the March scope the small eyebox is an absolute deal breaker for me. I'd take lower quality glass if it meant I could have a more forgiving eyebox. Especially on a gas 5.56 gun where I could be shooting from various positions.

As far as the March scope the small eyebox is an absolute deal breaker for me. I'd take lower quality glass if it meant I could have a more forgiving eyebox. Especially on a gas 5.56 gun where I could be shooting from various positions.

Have you ever been behind one? Ive owned all three that I mentioned at the same time. All about the same "eyebox" wise from 3-15. So what deal would exactly be broke?

Have you ever been behind one? Ive owned all three that I mentioned at the same time. All about the same "eyebox" wise from 3-15. So what deal would exactly be broke?

I can't speak from personal experience about the March scopes but from everything I've read, they seem to have a much smaller eyebox. Also I'd like to get the most out of the reticle in the range of mag I plan on shooting with 10-15. Having a max of 24x makes me think the reticle will be pretty hard to see and use on the March. The Luepold isn't even ideal, but could be moved to a .308 bolt gun later and replaced with something else later if I wanted.

I can't speak from personal experience about the March scopes but from everything I've read, they seem to have a much smaller eyebox. Also I'd like to get the most out of the reticle in the range of mag I plan on shooting with 10-15. Having a max of 24x makes me think the reticle will be pretty hard to see and use on the March. The Luepold isn't even ideal, but could be moved to a .308 bolt gun later and replaced with something else later if I wanted.

It's actually right at home in that range. If anything most people complain about the reticle being to big at 24x.
March Rifle Scopes Tactical 3-24 x 42 FFP

The Leupold looks like a nice scope, hope to try one someday.

It's actually right at home in that range. If anything most people complain about the reticle being to big at 24x.
March Rifle Scopes Tactical 3-24 x 42 FFP

The Leupold looks like a nice scope, hope to try one someday.

I've given the March a really hard look and honestly it looks like an AWESOME scope. I'd love to own one someday. If Luepold didn't have the .mil discout I think it would be between that and the Premier LT. Not calling you out at all, but out of curiousity I was wondering if you've compared the March to other high end scopes? From the specs and size of them I honestly can not understand why these are not incredibly more popular. I remember reading some people don't like the Japanese imposed 5 year warranty which is understanable, but hey if my scope makes it 5 years I don't think its gonna break after that. Looks like a sweet little package though. have you used the 5-40 FFP March at all? That would be pretty sweet on something like a .338LM

Are there better scopes out there? Absolutely. Are there worse scopes out there? A bunch. I researched March, Steiner, Premier, Schmidt, Hensoldt, NF, Trijicon, Bushnell, Vortex, and pretty much every other mfg. out there. I chose the MK6 due to the best all around scope for what I wanted and what would work best for me. If I went crazy I could bury the thing in the dirt for 15 years and still be able to send it back and have it brought back to life. I contacted various sellers and experienced shooters from this site and picked their brains. Leupold made a great move with the Mk6 line and it can go toe to toe with the best of them. I would like to see it in a High End Scope Review with all mfgs. compiled together as done in the past. All scopes stated above that are priced $1700.00 you can't go wrong with. My decision was based on warranty, proven reliability v/s number sold, and the fact that it has a U.S.A. stamp on the bottom. They do offer a great Fed/Mil program and they don't stop selling to suppliers due to MSRP pricing stings. I was sold on a Premier but "some" things rubbed me the wrong way.

Last edited:
I've given the March a really hard look and honestly it looks like an AWESOME scope. I'd love to own one someday. If Luepold didn't have the .mil discout I think it would be between that and the Premier LT. Not calling you out at all, but out of curiousity I was wondering if you've compared the March to other high end scopes? From the specs and size of them I honestly can not understand why these are not incredibly more popular. I remember reading some people don't like the Japanese imposed 5 year warranty which is understanable, but hey if my scope makes it 5 years I don't think its gonna break after that. Looks like a sweet little package though. have you used the 5-40 FFP March at all? That would be pretty sweet on something like a .338LM

I've also had a USO to compare it with as well. Not really sure how popular they are, I do know that Kelby's is out of stock with a 3 month lag time as of right now. I don't have any experience with the 5-40. The .05mil clicks and after looking at their web site not sure about total elev. either.

March scopes look great but I guess I'm one of those "better last forever" people. A warranty means something in my book.

Are there better scopes out there? Absolutely. Are there worse scopes out there? A bunch. I researched March, Steiner, Premier, Schmidt, Hensoldt, NF, Trijicon, Bushnell, Vortex, and pretty much every other mfg. out there. I chose the MK6 due to the best all around scope for what I wanted and what would work best for me. If I went crazy I could bury the thing in the dirt for 15 years and still be able to send it back and have it brought back to life. I contacted various sellers and experienced shooters from this site and picked their brains. Leupold made a great move with the Mk6 line and it can go toe to toe with the best of them. I would like to see it in a High End Scope Review with all mfgs. compiled together as done in the past. All scopes stated above that are priced $1700.00 you can't go wrong with. My decision was based on warranty, proven reliability v/s number sold, and the fact that it has a U.S.A. stamp on the bottom.

I see my self trying the MK6 now that the offer the TMR. Glad to see Leupold's new offerings with the MK6&8. between their knob design and stepping up to 6x and 8x magnification their keeping up with the market rather well.

I agree completely. I will be honest in saying that I "expected" my scopes glass to be comparable more to Bushnell than S&B. I was highly surprised when I looked through the scope for the first time. It was way clearer than I had hoped.

Can you tell us what size Butler Creek caps you have on this scope? Thanks!

No sunshade but glare isn't bad enough for one. As far as the Butlers they came with the scope.

That's a nice scope, they say it's in TMOA as well. Are you satisfied with it after all these months?

Very satisfied! I have put over 900 rounds down the tube and it's still holding true. I have changed ammo and re-zeroed, but other than that I haven't touched the thing.

What kind of military discount does leupold offer? Is it off their mop prices? I'm wondering if it'd be still cheaper going to liberty? Thanks

It's quite significant. About 40% off retail if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not even close to 40%. About 19%. Liberty's pricing is amazing, and if it was between Liberty having it in stock vs waiting to gain the slight price advantage i'd go Liberty.

I qualify for Leupold mil pricing. The discount is off retail price, so the savings is closer to bp7178 quote.
In my experience, the wait from Leupold is SEVERAL months...
I go with Liberty Optics now.

The Mil/LE discount is cheaper then Liberty Optics, BUT not by much. The wait from the factory is substantial as well. Scott at Liberty Optics is good people and customer service is top of the line. Also, if you pay by check that knocks another $34 of the price. Either way Liberty Optics is GTG. I also heard from a little birdie they have a shipment coming in this coming week :)

Last edited:
Love mine with the H-58 reticle. I have the 6.5-20 with locking turrets but the Mark 6 is my favorite.

Have any of you guys tested the tracking on your MK6's? I did on mine and sent it back for service (very fast service btw). Haven't had a chance to take it back out and test it again but have my fingers crossed.

My MK6 is being shipped to me.

The only thing I wonder about is why they only went to 18x....