• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Leupold Military/LEO Program SO FRUSTRATING!

Sh33pdog

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2013
Hey gents,

If you're active duty military or LEO, I'd really recommend ordering your optics somewhere else. I've been dealing with the one and only lady that responsible for the tactical optics. Emailing her and leaving voicemails for the past month. All of this and I still haven't gotten my order through. I can't say I've had anything thing but good news with Vortex. Just FYI

Anyone had customer service problems like this with Leupold? I always thought they were good to go.

Last edited:
I have two through that program. Both were at my door within 3 weeks of emailing the form in.

Did you email her at the tactical addres listed? Not sure whats up. Sounds odd. Hell I order a set or rings from them about a two months ago and think they came in about two weeks.

Vortex has a decent program. There gen 2 razors are pretty cool.

Also check out steiner, they have a pretty nice programs as well. Same with bushnell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Huh, while I was in no rush for my order Tia was very responsive. I got mine in a couple of months but that was only because it was not in stock at the time.

Hmmm, when I made my order, I sent in the information, a week or two later, my card was charged and a few weeks after that, a box showed up at my house. There was no extraneous communication, but it was a painless process. What is it you are trying to hear back from them on?

Hmm...Also odd I've never had any issue with them over the last few years. Always got what I ordered in like a week or two if it was in stock.

I'll shoot you a PM.

I had a great experience with the program and will go through it again without hesitation. Both phone and email have worked very well.

I bought a Delta Point and the transaction was smooth and quick. And the lady was very helpful
Schultz

She was great with me and my optics always come fast. I will buy from them again.

Huh, while I was in no rush for my order Tia was very responsive. I got mine in a couple of months but that was only because it was not in stock at the time.

Concur. Tia has been great to work with and very responsive. Same experience with the wait time due to the optic not being in stock at the time I submitted my form. Not her fault. That said, Vortex, US Optics and Nightforce reps have all responded to my inquiries in a timely manner as well.

I didn't get a response when I Emailed the two previous Leup mil rep's. Of course, I didn't know I was mailing former reps at the time. When I called and finally got the contact for the current rep, Tia, she has been responsive. It does take her a few days to answer Emails though.

Tia's email did change over the last year so are you sure that you have the correct email?

I believe you can still buy them through promotive.com if you prefer, it's a bit easier and the same le pricing once you send your creds in, that being said, I've found many leupold distributors will sell to you a few bucks above the le price and offer better service without tax or wait. Usually leupold is quick if what you want is in stock (mark 4 stuff mostly and rings/mounts), but they said 8 weeks plus for a delta point so I got it elsewhere, same with a vxr patrol.

When I requested info on the program a couple months ago Tia was very quick to reply and get me the price list. Haven't ordered through the program yet though, so no comment on that area.

I have used the program 4 times and have had zero problems with it. I can't recall a single order that took more than 2 weeks to get.

I've used the Leupold Fed/MIL program 3 times in the last 5 years and have had no problems at all. The most recent order showed up just 2 days ago. One order that took a little longer than others, but averaged out, I'd say I received all my orders in 1 month or less.

Sightron has an excellent Police discount program and they knock off a huge chunk of the price for LE. I am in the process of getting the Sightron SIII 8-32x56mm LRMOA model for my new GAP-10 Rifle. I had the chance to see one of these scopes over at the 1000 yard range in Indiana and compare it side by side with a NightForce NXS 5.5-22x56mm with NPR-1 reticle, and the Sightron was just as crisp and clear as the $1800 dollar NightForce NXS, I mean there was no difference in quality. I had 3 other guys come over and do the comparison, and all 3 of them agreed that the Sightron was at Par or perhaps a little sharper then the expensive NightForce NXS. And the Tracking of the Sightron SIII was dead on the money.

Dan

I have their Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm LRMOA scope that I received around 6 months ago, I now have it on one of my 5.56mm SPR's. It is a great scope and now I am moving up to the 8-32x56mm for my Long Range GAP-10 to do some 1000 yard shooting. I have a 400 yard private range in my back yard, but 400 yards will get boring after a while with a GAP-10.

Well, I'll give Ms. Houston a big thumbs up. Sent my creds, and 4-5 hours later had everything in my inbox. I haven't actually bought anything from them, but so far everything has been very positive.