• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Liberty Integral 10/22 w/Kidd Action, Titan, Vortex 1-4x

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    So I built this rifle over a year ago when 41F was a big deal. Test fired it last year some time and put it away. After the surprise divorce, I haven't been out much or done anything. Trying to get over the funk...

So my buddy invited me to his cousin's birthday and wanted me to bring some firearms. I took a 4" Beyer titanium bbl.'d folding 10/22 SBR w/Millet red dot, PPK/S and a custom 10/22 I put together using all Kidd parts, a Titan stock, Liberty integral using a Green Mountain bbl. and a Vortex Viper 1-4x optic (in USO rings --they were just laying around). I also took the Regulator and Essence thread on cans, both by Liberty.

Regulator is a better can overall than the Essence, period. Doesn't come apart, core threads onto the barrel, etc. It's also quieter with and without water. With water the Regulator has practically no FRP. Essence is similar to the Regulator but the Regulator just works better despite being even simpler than the Essence. As far as thread ons go for .22's, the Regulator is hard to beat. Really hard to beat.

Now the Pinnacle 2, the integral barrel, it's about a 4" bbl. with about a 12" suppressor installed in front of it. It's a monocore design like the Regulator and Essence but it more closely models the Regulator IMO. At any rate, with "Geco bolt gun ammo" (which I use for cheap, fairly accurate subs) this integral is THE quietest suppressed ANYTHING I've ever shot, heard or seen on a video. Literally just the action noise but the loudest part is actually the bullet striking the target. Simply amazing. I wanted a bolt gun but this was all I could find with 41F encroaching and figured I'd still get the bolt gun if I needed it. Well, I don't, and it's a good thing considering the divorce, I don't have much to spend on shooting as I used to. But at least I have what I have and I'm thankful for that.

So it's quiet, yeah. And it's a Kidd action so it's reliable and the single stage trigger is great (and $100 less than 2 stage...). The Vortex 1-4 is about a perfect scope for this little rifle, no complaints. Really overkill but I wanted a decent optic and I got it for a good deal. The rings are USO adj. rings, definitely overkill given how much those damn things cost, but after getting the wrong ones and sending 'em back I just used these since I had 'em and had no current use for them. Topped it off with a mini 1907 sling and Harris' smallest, cheapest bipod (on second thought a better bipod would have been nice).

Accuracy? Hell yeah! Once it had a few rounds downrange and was broken in some, it was consistently coring the center out of a 25m target. It started out at just under 1MOA out of the box but tightened up some after that --how much exactly I can't say. I can say it was a hit at the birthday party and somebody was shooting it pretty much all day (and in the process I converted one anti and kicked two or three off the fence and onto our side!). Some small children also got to shoot for the first time with their fathers. All the mothers saw us having fun and being safe and so even the one anti mother was comfortable with her son being around us and even shooting the rifle.

All in all a good day and I finally got to shot this integral .22. I also feel a lot better about buying it because the cheap SBR with the thread on doesn't even come close. It's quiet, but not THIS kind of quiet. Anyway, those Pinnacle 2 barrels are good to go. I'll say it again, may not be a fan of Liberty's rifle cans but when it comes to .22's they really know their shit. The Kidd parts are just great, night and day between the cheap factory action SBR and theirs. The stock is really nice, especially for the price.

As for cleaning, the end cap, the "muzzle", comes off with an allen wrench and a supplied slide hammer like tool that threads into the core is used to remove the core from the barrel.

Can't think of any negatives regarding this rifle, other than I wish I'd sprang for a better bipod, or rather one with more features.

I'd put up pictures but always says my files are too large...

Reactions: deersniper
    Okay, so I guess it's taking my pictures now. Well, here it is:
    IMG_0837.JPG

Pretty simple but quality build and I really couldn't ask for more, especially out of a semi. Quieter than an airgun, needs no water (I do wonder how it'd sound wet but don't think putting water down the bore is a good idea!). Quieter than the Regulator which makes it the most silent .22 suppressor I've ever heard, but for nearly a foot long baffle core, you'd kind of expect it.

Another cool feature is NOBODY ever considers that it's an integral. Close inspection of the muzzle would show it's a hex and it has fine lines where it threads on, but that's it. Due to most of the bull profile barrel being cored out and replaced with a baffle core, it's not nearly as heavy as it looks (and it doesn't look all that heavy to begin with).

Overall, big time satisfied with Liberty, Kidd and the manufacturer of the FF Titan stock, all of whose parts constitute this build. These parts will most definitely build a superior rifle compared to the stock rifle, by far. And there are other options out there too, such as takedown and threaded barrels. Having to purchase the special block for the Kidd receiver wasn't expected and was sort of costly (the Kidd supplied tang will not work with this stock, you have to use theirs). Would be nice if Liberty offered the barrel factory Cerakoted. Those are my only gripes and quite minor ones at that.

Little less than 1MOA so far, that's a ballpark figure, and with the right ammo and some more time behind it and I bet it'll be capable of a little better, I wouldn't be surprised. FWIW, the Beyer titanium barrels aren't too bad either --my stock SBR has one and it's nice but I can't give you a number on it as of yet and it's a different animal than the integral. Far prefer the integral to the thread on SBR.

Reactions: el-wood
    Integrals are much quieter than thread-ons no doubt. The last frontier is to get a single-shot adapter for your 10/22 or some other device that'll keep the action from cycling. I did that for my 10/22 (with thread on can) and it is night and day removing the "slap" of the bolt.

I also have an integral CZ bolt and everyone thinks I'm having hang fires at the range, haha.

Well, I understand that many newer thread ons can be as quiet or quieter than integrals, especially the pistol models (which are basically just a short barrel and thread on permanently installed). The rifles can have much longer baffles, such as this one. So I guess it depends but this one is just amazingly quiet and I swear that Kidd action is quieter than the factory action --less of that bolt slap for whatever reason.

Edit: figured out why it's quieter some I think, the Kidd action uses a thin pin in the rear inside a thick rubber tube vs. the Ruger all metal pin.

But definitely satisfied and I suspect I'll get a lot of use out of it now that it's zeroed and I can practice more with it at range or the back yard.

Last edited:
    The integral bolt gun would be nice, it's what I wanted but couldn't get at that time. I'll have to look into single shot adapters for the 10/22, never heard of 'em before.