• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Liberty Optics Experience?

usmcmk12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2013
California
I was about to drop some coin on a new scope and was wondering about Liberty Optics? I'm not too familiar about the company so I figured I'd ask around on the hide forum.

Scott over at Liberty Optics has been doing great deals for years, I've gotten several scopes from him and I highly recommend him.

My mark 6 is about to arrive, Scott is GTG give him a call he's great to deal with.

To expand on the comments above, here's an example of one of several deals I did with Scott:

He was running an AMAZING deal on a Mk8 a while back, and needed to move it NOW. I tried calling him but my damn Taliban-Wireless cell wasn't working for shit and couldn't place a call. So I had a female friend of mine who knew NOTHING about anything I was talking about call him for me while I relayed information to her via Yahoo Messenger. He talked to her while she was typing to me and back and forth and back and forth etc. We did the whole deal, including him helping me get the proper mounts and rings to go on some rifles I hadn't even laid hands on yet and he got me totally set up all the while relaying information through my friend etc. I think this was even on a Sunday afternoon.

SHE was so impressed with how cool Scott was with HER that she got fascinated about what we were talking about, started asking me questions, and is now a member of this Forum and bought her first-ever rifle to get into the sport.

So yeah, Scott gets my business whenever I have the option.

Scott at Liberty Optics has great prices and even better customer service! Intervened for me to get a 5 year old scope with intermittent issues replaced promptly by vendor. Thanks Scott!

Buy with confidence.

Scott is a man of his word. He and I had worked out a trade wherein I traded him two scopes for a high-end Zeiss binocular. What didn't come up in conversation was that one of the scopes had MOA turrets & a MIL reticle. I didn't even realize it until my next conversation with Scott. Scott had become so accustomed by then to matching the turrets to the reticle he believed everyone else did as well. I never looked at the scope; I sent it to him in its original box. That turret-reticle mismatch lowered the perceived value of that scope by several hundred dollars. Scott never blinked though - he held up his end of the deal and I got my Zeiss binocular. I'll never forget that.

Last edited:
I've only bought one scope from him. He had the best price by far, and it arrived two or three days after I ordered. Zero complaints, and I'll buy more there.

Scott is awesome to deal with and takes the time to make sure you get exactly what you need. I bought one of the new IOR scopes from him and I could not be happier!

Scott treats you like you have been friends for years and give you excellent service to go along with it.. Hes the first call I make once I figure out what I want.

I've bought my last two scopes from Scott, he's good to go and will take care of you. Don't hesitate to buy from Liberty.

To expand on the comments above, here's an example of one of several deals I did with Scott:

He was running an AMAZING deal on a Mk8 a while back, and needed to move it NOW. I tried calling him but my damn Taliban-Wireless cell wasn't working for shit and couldn't place a call. So I had a female friend of mine who knew NOTHING about anything I was talking about call him for me while I relayed information to her via Yahoo Messenger. He talked to her while she was typing to me and back and forth and back and forth etc. We did the whole deal, including him helping me get the proper mounts and rings to go on some rifles I hadn't even laid hands on yet and he got me totally set up all the while relaying information through my friend etc. I think this was even on a Sunday afternoon.

SHE was so impressed with how cool Scott was with HER that she got fascinated about what we were talking about, started asking me questions, and is now a member of this Forum and bought her first-ever rifle to get into the sport.

So yeah, Scott gets my business whenever I have the option.

I can't imagine a better endorsement. I'm bookmarking their website for future reference right now.

I bought my first scope from Scott after seeing a listing he had offering a new scope that nobody else showed in stock yet for a better price than the others. I spoke with him frankly about my three possible options and asked for his opinion. His opinion was not a "buy this instead of that" thing. Instead he discussed my needs and the strengths and weaknesses of the different options and helped me make the choice that was best for me. I know that I will be talking to him for my next scope purchase.

What I find interesting in this thread is that I've yet to see one post from someone that had a negative experience with Scott. I know that this does not necessarily mean that such a thing doesn't exist; maybe there's an intimidation factor with all the glowing GTGs. From what I've seen, fellow Hide members are very quick to call someone/a company who does not handle transactions well. This silence speaks volumes to me.

At the obvious risk of being redundant (highly so), Scott was first rate to deal with in every respect of our transactions.

I bought my first decent scope from him (a Mk 4), along with Warne mount and Seekins rings. He patiently answered all my questions, and delivered everything as promised.

I haven't bought a scope from anyone else since.

+1 AGAIN to what others have said. I have always been treated with respect and honestly I would not buy from anyone else. Have purchased at least 5-10 scopes from him and could not be happier. Currently have the new Vortex on order with him. I don't think that you will get anyone here with a negative comment about Scott or Liberty Optics.

I think the consensus is that Scott is a huge jerk...

But really, the one time I've bought a scope from Liberty, he was extremely helpful. I will deal with them again in the future no doubt. I don't think anyone has ever had a bad thing to say about Scott.

Last edited:
I've missed out on at least 2 potential buyers when I was selling a used scope in the classified section because they ended up getting the same NIB scope from LO for less. I sent him a PM last week inquiring about the Steiner 5-25. I was pretty tied up the rest of the afternoon, and after his initial call to me he followd up a few more times until he finally got me on the phone. I thought that was pretty cool. Rare to even get a call back from many places, much less a follow up call. I haven't bought any scopes from him, but I like the way he does things.

Just got a great deal on a Steiner from Scott. Havent received the scope yet, but so far he has been great to work with!!

Scott is good to go. I got great deals on 2 PST's I ordered from him. Both were shipped quickly, and arrived fast and intact.

+1000 for Scott and liberty optics!!! He's one of the best guys I've dealt with on anything gun related! Deal with complete confidence! I won't buy new optics from anywhere else!