• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

Afternoon Folks,
I wanted to put a quick post and say i have responded to everyone who has emailed or called today.
If for some reason i have missed you please email me at [email protected] or call anytime 608-335-4486.
My biggest concern is making sure folks get their chargebacks taken care of and also if they have upcoming shoots or hunts they get the products they need.
Please reach out anytime and i will have a quick response.
Thanks again.
Shamus Terry
Vortex Optics.
You are a first class gentleman and this treatment of customers is why I switched from another alpha teir scope to vortex. Had a warranty issue a few weeks ago and it was 7 days house to house to get an optic repaired and shipped back to me. As soon as I figure out If this charge back goes through, I'm ordering a few more razors. Scott fucked us all but you guys at vortex really are softening the blow, and that kind of loyalty is hard to buy. So thank you again for stepping up and proving vortex has the best customer service in the industry.

A lot of good dealers won’t even take a deposit on a backorder/special order but it’s not unreasonable to get one. Dealers drop shipping everything… RUN…

I would probably have to respectfully say that others may have a different opinion.

Our company has been selling things online for a couple decades and we don't special order stuff unless it's paid for up front.
Special ordering in thousands of dollars worth of stuff you don't normally stock / sell, without getting payment is a great way to go broke fast.
The times we forget and let a regular customer slide on that, we often end up eating a decent loss.

In the industry we work in, drop shipping is the norm, not the exception, for a lot of things because of daily price fluctuations and customers mostly having no actual loyalty but to lowest prices, for many dealers that is the only way to survive. Not to mention, if you have to ship something to you, then to the customer, you are already behind the curve price wise compared to someone that drop ships.
(There is NO such thing as free shipping, just in case any of the idiot class thinks that's anything other than a marketing ploy).
We don't do a lot of drop shipping for our customers, unless it's time sensitive, but we fill lots of drop ship and 3rd and 4th party drop ship orders.
(And yes resellers tend to be the biggest source of problems outside of idiot folks in their parent's basements).

With my experience and even knowing typical profit margins, I’ve got no problem buying full price from someone reputable over getting a deal. Getting a discount is just icing on the cake. I’ve gotten some defective out of the box stuff from Euro Optic over the years, two pair of Leica binos this year even. Never once have I even had to ask them to take them back, let alone complain or fight them. It’s always “we’re sorry, here’s a prepaid shipping label to send it back, would you like an exchange or a refund?”. They understand people don’t want to have to warranty their brand new shit for repaired or refurbished and they take care of it on their dime and that’s how a good business is ran. This is piece of mind that I pay for. I even buy from them when I can buy from EV for less which is usually direct with the manufacturer.

Again, that is your experience and what works for you.
In my case for example, I wouldn't be paying $4k for a scope from xxx brand, just not going to happen, so if it is a matter of pay full listed price, well I'm getting something else. But when I can get that same scope for $2k and it's from someone who I had bought from for 25 years with no problem, well then it becomes worth it.

You are a first class gentleman and this treatment of customers is why I switched from another alpha teir scope to vortex. Had a warranty issue a few weeks ago and it was 7 days house to house to get an optic repaired and shipped back to me. As soon as I figure out If this charge back goes through, I'm ordering a few more razors. Scott fucked us all but you guys at vortex really are softening the blow, and that kind of loyalty is hard to buy. So thank you again for stepping up and proving vortex has the best customer service in the industry.
Same, chase sent me my funds so I turned right around and sent them to vortex directly who are honoring the sale price and sending a g3 my way

I used to rag on em but they are changing my mind and getting my business

Same, chase sent me my funds so I turned right around and sent them to vortex directly who are honoring the sale price and sending a g3 my way

I used to rag on em but they are changing my mind and getting my business
That was fast. Chase told me30-90 days for the investigation and I’m inside that 60 day window. If I’m lucky enough to get my money back I’ll do the same. Vortex has been amazing throughout this shitshow.

That was fast. Chase told me30-90 days for the investigation and I’m inside that 60 day window. If I’m lucky enough to get my money back I’ll do the same. Vortex has been amazing throughout this shitshow.
I used a debit and not credit and its still shown as "pending" but just like my direct deposit does, its there available for me to use. So maybe thats sorta irresponsible but so is me buying them in the first place lol

Edit: havent talked to anyone, just selected the transaction in my account history, clicked the report a problem link and filled out that it was paid for and never shipped and explained in the little box.

Last edited:
I used a debit and not credit and its still shown as "pending" but just like my direct deposit does, its there available for me to use. So maybe thats sorta irresponsible but so is me buying them in the first place lol
You probably know this, but debit cards (even with a Visa or MC logo) do not provide the same level of consumer protection that credit cards do. Maybe others don’t know.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
I think all what people are saying is early on in the wtf? stage (literally yesterday), going from 0-100mph isn’t (usually) the best thing.

I mean, if you ran a biz and had a heart attack plus stroke and couldn’t communicate, you as a customer going immediately after him could make you look real, real bad.

For perspective, this fracas on this thread just started yesterday at 9:24am CST.

This sort of something happened to a fellow on this site a little while ago. He was lucky that he is a very good buddy with Frank. His family/friends also stepped in to fulfill orders. Stand-up guy. He had people to communicate to customers for him. He’s lucky to be alive and lucky to have those around him.

I know there are critical differences between @Enough Said and Scott’s situations. But people were largely communicating confusion over the Scott situation as it unfolded yesterday. I mean, the man did successfully sell stuff for about two decades.

There is a difference between saying, “Wow, Scott’s been a good seller for years. Can’t imagine this happening” vs. “Scott would never do this u fuk he’s a Purple Heart winner imma gonna find u and ur dachshund and roast u with a mustard glaze mmmMmmMmm.”

As someone mentioned, the way this probable con unfolded sure makes Scott look guilty. But that wasn’t immediately apparent.

Right off the bat, when something odd happens with you, don’t your friends cut you some slack because you’ve earned it? (for Scott, replace “friends” with “customers”).

Or do your friends immediately call you a POS and write you off at the earliest hint of trouble?

I’m not Scott’s friend or acquaintance. I’ve just bought a few scopes from the man.

This isn’t a chest-beating contest, you know?
You put that much time into writing this and didn’t realize that it’s obvious Scott has been doing this for at least months as opposed to a one off, heart attack?

Scott has a pattern here. I know Scott and I’m astonished, but the two aren’t remotely comparable.

Reactions: LoCal247
There's lots of great outfits on the 'hide.

Eurooptic, Mile High, CS Tactical etc. This place is supported by great people.

If people are looking for great deals on optics, CameraLandNY seems to have frequent deals and great prices, which is why I brought them up. I've had great experiences with them, as well as the vendors I mention above.

I think this whole debacle with Liberty has caught a lot of people off guard. With limited information as to what's going on, I don't blame some for initially reserving judgement.

Personally I was pretty shocked to hear this situation, and my initial reaction was to withhold judgement before more information came to light. Based on my interaction with Scott and others from the 'Hide, I didn't want to believe that people got scammed. But with more and more information coming to light, it's looking more and more like that's the case.

Anyways, I don't see anything that CamerLandNY posted that's worth pulling out the pitchforks for. Where you choose to spend your money is your business - and thankfully there's a few great supporters on the 'Hide that are worthy of yours and others business.
I've talked to Doug several times, nice guy, works hard for the customer. MAde several purchases from Cameraland, always without issue.

I have also talked to Scott in the past, always very pleasant to deal with, I bought a scope from him last year without issue.
It's sad to see.

You put that much time into writing this and didn’t realize that it’s obvious Scott has been doing this for at least months as opposed to a one off, heart attack?

Scott has a pattern here. I know Scott and I’m astonished, but the two aren’t remotely comparable.
I’ll break it down.

The subject at hand was how fast does one start calling a vendor a thief.

I used two vendors as an example…only the first day or so (really only the first 12 hrs) was in the comparison.

Get it?

Last edited:
Thanks for proving my point. Eat a dick troll.
1697664439379.png

I feel bad for everyone involved. But you.

Karma is indeed a nasty bitch.

I admit that this mess, while a bad deal for all that got caught in it, did serve to change my view towards Vortex. Not that I was ever anti Vortex, but I only have one of their much lesser models and wasn’t much impressed with the Gen 1 and 2 Razors I’ve shot on some friend’s rifles.

I’m currently topped out with scopes and tapped out with hobby funds, but I’ll be seriously considering a G3 when the time comes.

I admit that this mess, while a bad deal for all that got caught in it, did serve to change my view towards Vortex. Not that I was ever anti Vortex, but I only have one of their much lesser models and wasn’t much impressed with the Gen 1 and 2 Razors I’ve shot on some friend’s rifles.

I’m currently topped out with scopes and tapped out with hobby funds, but I’ll be seriously considering a G3 when the time comes.
I would check it out. I am a glass snob and have owned all the top brands. The G3 Razor gives up VERY little to Tangent and ZCO, while being about half the cost of either. Hard to go wrong with any of the top manufactures today, but Vortex hit it out of the park with the G3 at the price point it comes in.

So good, I fucked myself by ordering 2 from Scott to replace ZCO i sold on here months ago.

I would check it out. I am a glass snob and have owned all the top brands. The G3 Razor gives up VERY little to Tangent and ZCO, while being about half the cost of either. Hard to go wrong with any of the top manufactures today, but Vortex hit it out of the park with the G3 at the price point it comes in.

So good, I fucked myself by ordering 2 from Scott to replace ZCO i sold on here months ago.
I think I bought that ZCO. Now our paths have crossed again lol

100%

Only clowns pre-order/drop ship stuff. I can't believe it still goes on. I have buddies who will shrug their shoulders and say "Thats just the way it is".

Imagine giving someone $500 in free interest so they can wait a year to ship your bino NVGs. It's straight up clown world nonsense.
I agree with what you are saying, but on the flip side- and I’m not trying to start a shitstorm here-but this is how most of the “trusted” custom gun builders work. It seems to be a very accepted practice.

Thanks I just resent the email would you mind messaging me your number?
Evening Folks,
Appreciate everyone who has reached out. Please continue to do so and ill reply asap.
Our customers are truly #1 priority and i will reply to each and every email.
My email is [email protected] and cell# 608-335-4486
Email will be the quickest way to get things moving and ill be on all evening to look after these.

Also, just so folks are informed. We received drop-ships for Liberty Optics up until this week. But they were not released until Vortex was paid.
In all of these cases i have been dealing with, i have the order information but they are just being held as we have not received payment.
I am hoping all of you can file a chargeback and get your money back.
It's very important that each of you are looked after and will help with any order needs to get things moving in a timely manner.

Thanks again for the opportunity
Shamus Terry
Kspence49,
Please see above. Shamus will get you taken care of to the best of his ability. Thank you for being understanding and patient through all of this.

v/r
Scott

Kspence49,
Please see above. Shamus will get you taken care of to the best of his ability. Thank you for being understanding and patient through all of this.

v/r
Scott
And I think thanks are in order to you Scott, for also stepping in and helping coordinate this.

Shooters are an opinionated, stubborn, and vocal lot...but they tend to have long memories. I'm glad to see Vortex (once again) stepping up, to support their customer base.

Much respect to you and Shamus, for taking the time to help sort all this out.

BZ.

MPMI

Vortex is a hell of a company.

I might have to try a razor again. I just got burned out on broken hst's and strike eagles. I do need a 1-10.

I appreciate what they do for shooting as a whole. I've won several certs at matches and given them away to anyone with a kid shooting that looked like they needed a break.

There are quite a lot of us that are not "special" people and instead have to work hard and pay very heavy taxes to pay the salaries of the "special" people that everyone seems to so admire (along with everyone else who feels it is their right to be paid by our labor). So for the rest of us peasants, there is the issue of course that we would like to try to spend as little of what is left of the fruits of our labors after everybody goes down the line taking their cut from our income (enforced of course by...) as posssible.

Edit: obviously I went off topic and not in a nice way.

Good points @W54/XM-388

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Many people don't count someone as a "special person" or "more deserving" or "better" simply because of the career path they took.

They sure as hell do when their house is on fire and their kids are stuck upstairs, their father had a heart attack, they are being assaulted or robbed or another country is trying to invade them. ;)

Make sure not to call any one of those people you don't consider anything special when you are in need. LOL

Vortex is a hell of a company.

I might have to try a razor again. I just got burned out on broken hst's and strike eagles. I do need a 1-10.

I appreciate what they do for shooting as a whole. I've won several certs at matches and given them away to anyone with a kid shooting that looked like they needed a break.
Same... Think I'll give Euro a call tomorrow morning and check my price on the black RG3 6-36 MRAD version. 👍🏼

This is a terrible situation. I've purchased several optics from LO. I never saw this coming.

But it did! It's exactly like a situation myself and many others were involved in with a travel agent.

Trips were booked deposits were made and confirmations were provided by the travel agent and she cancelled the reservations the very next day.

Her scam came crashing down when a wedding party arrived at their Caribbean destination and had no reservations.

After an investigation by the AG's office nothing was ever done to her. I actually spoke with the lawyers from the AG's office and they told me they couldn't find no wrong doing. I was dumbfounded. They said she was borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

All in at the end she got all parties involved for over 200k.

I hope everyone is made whole in the matter. My buddy is caught up in this to. Orders in June.

Reactions: BurtG
What was the last known phone number for Liberty? My CC company is asking for it.

TIA

Edit; Shamus and Jake got me taken care of, new G3 Razor on its way! Big props for the customer service.

They sure as hell do when their house is on fire and their kids are stuck upstairs, their father had a heart attack, they are being assaulted or robbed or another country is trying to invade them. ;)

Make sure not to call any one of those people you don't consider anything special when you are in need. LOL

If you needed a service or support, why would you not call the people that you specifically pay to be on standby for that service?
That's the whole point of the demarcation of labour.
You do not have the option to opt out of paying for many services, nor do you usually have a choice to have your money go to a different provider of the same services.

If I needed help that I could not handle myself, I would of course call those who I pay for who are equipped (by funds that myself and everyone else pays for)
to provide that specific help. In some cases I'm legally obligated to call them even if I have taken care of the issue at hand or there is nothing they can do to help.

If they are able to render assistance to me, of course I would be grateful to them.
If I am calling them because I'm obligated to call them, I would be grateful if they promptly conclude things and we go on with our respective lives.
While I would be grateful to them if they provided needed assistance, I would still not think them any "better" intrinsically than I, just because of their chosen profession.

I understand many don't agree with that viewpoint.
Some would like to argue about who of the "special" ones is "more special", those that argue that, often choose to make those with weapons the "more special" than the regular "special" ones.

There are many careers that are essential to modern civilization and the health, prosperity and security that everyone has come to expect. Many of the most critical to society are done by people that few think about or care about.

If you needed a service or support, why would you not call the people that you specifically pay to be on standby for that service?
That's the whole point of the demarcation of labour.
You do not have the option to opt out of paying for many services, nor do you usually have a choice to have your money go to a different provider of the same services.

If I needed help that I could not handle myself, I would of course call those who I pay for who are equipped (by funds that myself and everyone else pays for)
to provide that specific help. In some cases I'm legally obligated to call them even if I have taken care of the issue at hand or there is nothing they can do to help.

If they are able to render assistance to me, of course I would be grateful to them.
If I am calling them because I'm obligated to call them, I would be grateful if they promptly conclude things and we go on with our respective lives.
While I would be grateful to them if they provided needed assistance, I would still not think them any "better" intrinsically than I, just because of their chosen profession.

I understand many don't agree with that viewpoint.
Some would like to argue about who of the "special" ones is "more special", those that argue that, often choose to make those with weapons the "more special" than the regular "special" ones.

There are many careers that are essential to modern civilization and the health, prosperity and security that everyone has come to expect. Many of the most critical to society are done by people that few think about or care about.
Figured I would quote it so others can get a laugh in case you deleted that one too. Lol

Throw your money at it and some peon will show up and save your life. Lol You crack me up.

Just emailed my order info to Shamus as well. I feel bad that he is dealing with this mess... It's not like Vortex was involved in anyway besides being used for a scam they didn't know about...

Figured I would quote it so others can get a laugh in case you deleted that one too. Lol

I deleted one post because I noticed you posted moments later telling people to knock off the off topic comments.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were asking, I thought you did not want those posts on this thread, hence why I deleted it, so as not to be pushing for the continuation of an off topic ideological discussion.

Reactions: BurtG
I deleted one post because I noticed you posted moments later telling people to knock off the off topic comments.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you were asking, I thought you did not want those posts on this thread, hence why I deleted it, so as not to be pushing for the continuation of an off topic ideological discussion.
Yeah that wasn’t me. Take another look.

Sorry for the delay but after I posted my active911 went off and I had to respond to an MVA with all my other volunteer peons who get tax dollars thrown at us for equipment but do nothing special. Lol

You know I wonder if this is something thats
Odd.

My last order from him he stated “I cannot provide you with an invoice only a paper receipt”

When my optic arrived a paper receipt was taped to the optic box with no details at all just the receipt of the cost.

At the time I didn’t think anything of it due to me buying at a time when a SUPER good deal was being offered by another company and him offering it when he said he wasn’t supposed to.

In
You know I wonder if this is something thats
Odd.

My last order from him he stated “I cannot provide you with an invoice only a paper receipt”

When my optic arrived a paper receipt was taped to the optic box with no details at all just the receipt of the cost.

At the time I didn’t think anything of it due to me buying at a time when a SUPER good deal was being offered by another company and him offering it when he said he wasn’t supposed to.
What were the order and delivery dates? May help the folks that have to chase him
down in court.