• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Liberty Optics Still Legit?

@Scott_at_Vortex I had sworn off Vortex for the most part due to being unhappy with all my mid-range priced magnified Vortex scopes (Vipers and Strike Eagles), but seeing how yall handled this situation with L.O. and going above and beyond for customers when you didn’t have to, I ordered one of the black Razor G3 6-36x56 MRAD scores from EuroOptic yesterday to give it a shot and compare it with my other alpha-tier scopes. It’s set to arrive tomorrow. It will be going on my custom 20” Aero Solus / Carbon Six .25 Creed build. No telling when the barrel will be ready, but when it is, this should be a nasty target setup with the 133 & 135 Bergers. Hell, I might even take it hunting. 😏👍🏼

Any random chance I could trade in all of those vipers and Strike Eagle towards another one of those black Razors, and pay the difference? I’d get more use out of another Razor than the 3 Vipers & 1 SE that’s sitting on the pool table collecting dust.

Reactions: easyrhino240
Good Afternoon Folks,
Just reading thru some of thread and a few quick comments back.
1. Euro Optics is one of Vortex's premier dealers and above everything always looks out for their/our customers with class. We are fortunate to have many really great retailers but Euro Optics has always been at the top of the list of where we tell folks to shop.
2. If there is ever an issue with a box, something looks off or you are just not happy with a product. Please reach out to me direct and ill make sure that you are looked after immediately.
Thanks again for the opportunity to work with so many of you.
Shamus Terry
[email protected]
608-335-4486

Admittedly I didn't read every post in this thread but......
I knew Scot was a crook way back in 2009. He did me dirty on a scope purchase. I ended up contacting ATK at the time. ATK made it right and threatened him with pulling his dealer status..
I never mentioned it here because everyone seemed to like him so much and I hoped it was an isolated incident..
Remember when the Hide was on Scout? That POS refused to help customers when the whole T5xi rollout went sideways. From that moment on I knew he was bad news.

Good Afternoon Folks,
Just reading thru some of thread and a few quick comments back.
1. Euro Optics is one of Vortex's premier dealers and above everything always looks out for their/our customers with class. We are fortunate to have many really great retailers but Euro Optics has always been at the top of the list of where we tell folks to shop.
2. If there is ever an issue with a box, something looks off or you are just not happy with a product. Please reach out to me direct and ill make sure that you are looked after immediately.
Thanks again for the opportunity to work with so many of you.
Shamus Terry
[email protected]
608-335-4486
This is really great service. I hope US customers realize how solid this support is.
I’ve got a Gen 2 Razor up here in Canada that I don’t trust after sending for warranty and told it was good after the test target showed the same problem I complained about.

I'm fed up with scam artist and dishonest people. People that would steal my hard earned money any chance they can. Makes me want to lic their balls off

edit: RIP their balls off
I SWEAR that was supposed to say RIP not lic

Last edited:
I hope you guys are having a good laugh at my expense.
I can't even get this taste out of my mouth........
We are. It was a much needed spot of humor in this thread. Don’t worry, we were laughing with you…nod, nod, wink, wink, you know what I mean? 😁

Regarding the subject of this thread, I hope that we have all learned a lesson. At least until the next time a clever shyster takes us for a ride.

How many lics does it take to rip someones balls off?

I really hope everyone is old enough to get this.......

169tootsiepop.jpg

Black Gen 3 6-36x56 came in today…

Nice scope, and I love the locking illumination ring. That’s genius. I also really like the single external screw for loosening to adjust the zero without spinning the outside of the turrets. That’s pretty sharp, too. The turrets themselves are just ok…The locking rings on mine are kind of janky, and you have to wiggle them to be sure they push all the way down and lock.

IMG_2763.jpegIMG_2765.jpegIMG_2766.jpegIMG_2768.jpegIMG_2769.jpeg

So now that Liberty optics is dead where’s the best place for a deal on a Vortex G3?

If you can get LE/Mil/Veteran pricing, Expert Voice or Euro Optic runs pretty damn good pricing on Vortex stuff a few times a year, usually around Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veteran's Day.

Reactions: FuhQ and Islas82
You got a local dealer? Small mom and pop shop? I spend a few bucks more to shop local when I can. Maybe why I’m always broke?
There’s a reason mom and pop shops don’t make it with products like this. I have a local shop. They wanted straight retail for a genII razor. 6.5 140 eld $40 a box. Plastic pistols $650.

I try and support local but no way in hell am I getting shafted that bad.

There’s a reason mom and pop shops don’t make it with products like this. I have a local shop. They wanted straight retail for a genII razor. 6.5 140 eld $40 a box. Plastic pistols $650.

I try and support local but no way in hell am I getting shafted that bad.
Same here. I worked at the local one until they got bought-out by a rich guy who used to be the VP of a major outdoors investment company (Blount Enterprises). He was already rich, got paid huge money to work there, and then happened to sell his stocks perfectly when he did (right before they magically dropped 🤔), and made 10's of millions. Then he was forced-out of his job because they closed down that division, ,so he got paid his severance package they had agreed to when he was hired, made millions per year for like the next 5 years, then bought out the local outdoors store. Completely revamped overnight. No more haggling, no more special deals or good buddy prices on stuff. Everything at MSRP (or higher when prices get gouged during these fake shortages) because there's no other stores locally, and people will pay it. 🫤

From a business standpoint, I respect the fact that nobody gets a special deal, or special treatment, but at the same time, they want MSRP (or more) for everything. I can drive 1.5 hours up the road and they'll haggle somewhat and at least attempt to make you a deal and get the sale. Or, I can just order the shit online and pay a hazmat and shipping, have it delivered straight to my door, and STILL be noticeably cheaper than the local store + taxes.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
That’s the problem there.
I do have a local store that has fair enough prices, but the owner works there most days and he covers stuff he sells no questions for me anyways. If I have a problem he is right there to make it right. He likes his customers the same whether they are there for a hot dog or a new rifle.

But most stores are not that way. Certainly not sportsman’s or such.

More reports of lots of opened scopes this sale cycle from EO.

What's a good reason for breaking the seal on "new" scopes before sending to would-be customers, sir? If it were once, four times, or perhaps half a dozen, sure, mistakes happen. This seems to be SOP at this point from EuroOptics.

Could @Shamus Terry take them out behind the woodshed or at least tell us what is at play here? My money is on selling back-to-stock returns/demos as "new", but I can't prove it. Yet.
I think they get "around" selling at MAP by just slicing the seal (and not even open their boxes) to sell them at more realistic prices (God Bless You) to make everyone buy from them instead of anywhere else to move more volume.

Rather ingenious if you ask me. I'd rather buy from them than anywhere else or maybe even from Cameraland for open box DEMOs in brand new condition.

Reactions: Islas82 and lash
@Scott_at_Vortex I had sworn off Vortex for the most part due to being unhappy with all my mid-range priced magnified Vortex scopes (Vipers and Strike Eagles), but seeing how yall handled this situation with L.O. and going above and beyond for customers when you didn’t have to, I ordered one of the black Razor G3 6-36x56 MRAD scores from EuroOptic yesterday to give it a shot and compare it with my other alpha-tier scopes. It’s set to arrive tomorrow. It will be going on my custom 20” Aero Solus / Carbon Six .25 Creed build. No telling when the barrel will be ready, but when it is, this should be a nasty target setup with the 133 & 135 Bergers. Hell, I might even take it hunting. 😏👍🏼

Any random chance I could trade in all of those vipers and Strike Eagle towards another one of those black Razors, and pay the difference? I’d get more use out of another Razor than the 3 Vipers & 1 SE that’s sitting on the pool table collecting dust.
Jesus dude, they’re already generous enough.

Jesus dude, they’re already generous enough.
I didn't get affected by the LO issue, so generous enough to who? Not me... I didn't get anything from Vortex. I was simply asking if they would trade them in, and I still pay the difference. I wasn't asking for a damn thing for free or for generosity. I just have a bunch sub-par Vortex scopes that either have issues or are not up to quality and would most-likely be sent back for repair anyway. Instead of replacing them for me with more of the same scopes that I don't want, assess a trade-in value for them, and I pay the difference in a Razor. How is that asking for something for nothing? It always takes one fucking moron to assume shit, and the rest of the braindead lemming circle-jerkers start piling on with the retarded assumption.

I didn't get affected by the LO issue, so generous enough to who? Not me... I didn't get anything from Vortex. I was simply asking if they would trade them in, and I still pay the difference. I wasn't asking for a damn thing for free or for generosity. I just have a bunch sub-par Vortex scopes that either have issues or are not up to quality and would most-likely be sent back for repair anyway. Instead of replacing them for me with more of the same scopes that I don't want, assess a trade-in value for them, and I pay the difference in a Razor. How is that asking for something for nothing? It always takes one fucking moron to assume shit, and the rest of the braindead lemming circle-jerkers start piling on with the retarded assumption.
Just sell them on the PX. There’s plenty of new shooter out there looking for a budget option.

Just sell them on the PX. There’s plenty of new shooter out there looking for a budget option.
I don't like dealing with people because I only trust like 5 people. So, instead of the hassle of selling something and answering 5,000 questions when people could simply google it and get an answer, and then after all that, them trying to screw you on the price, it's easier to either give shit away, or try to find an alternate solution (like I mentioned above) to consolidate, such as a trade. Like how I ended up with my AK. Traded a couple old scopes and random parts I wasn't using anymore, for something I could use. I was just thinking outside the box.

I don't like dealing with people because I only trust like 5 people. So, instead of the hassle of selling something and answering 5,000 questions when people could simply google it and get an answer, and then after all that, them trying to screw you on the price, it's easier to either give shit away, or try to find an alternate solution (like I mentioned above) to consolidate, such as a trade. Like how I ended up with my AK. Traded a couple old scopes and random parts I wasn't using anymore, for something I could use. I was just thinking outside the box.
Modern day rifleman has a thread where you can give shooting stuff away. A beginner or whatever can pick it up and get started for less than new. It’s a win win.

In second thought, maybe there is here already? Or someone could make one.

Reactions: BurtG and FuhQ
If you want to go there, there’s always one insult you shouldn’t sling at me in person with his hand out, too. If you want to beg from vortex, send them a PM. Like many on here,I think vortex has gone above and beyond.

If you want to go there, there’s always one insult you shouldn’t sling at me in person with his hand out, too. If you want to beg from vortex, send them a PM. Like many on here,I think vortex has gone above and beyond.
I never once said they hadn't... At the same exact time, I actually bought another Vortex product because of how well they handled this, and helped everyone else that was affected by this incident. Even though I had sworn off buying Vortex after my Strike Eagle and Vipers haven't really held up or impressed me. I decided to give them one more shot, because of how well they went above and beyond for those affected.

But at the same time, I wasn't one of the ones affected by the LO incident, so what they have done for others, did not affect me. That's my point. You're acting as if they've gone above and beyond for me already, and now I'm wanting more, when in fact, I bought my Razor from EuroOptic for $2,500 like everyone else, not at a huge discount from Liberty. So, there was never any interaction between me and Vortex over this incident.

But at the same time, I wasn't one of the ones affected by the LO incident, so what they have done for others, did not affect me. That's my point. You're acting as if they've gone above and beyond for me already, and now I'm wanting more, when in fact, I bought my Razor from EuroOptic for $2,500 like everyone else, not at a huge discount from Liberty. So, there was never any interaction between me and Vortex over this incident.

I wasn't affected either, but you won't see me standing around with my hand out expecting Vortex to take back a bunch of used product that I willingly purchased because I've now decided I should've bought something nicer to begin with.

I honestly thought you were joking when you started with the "What are you going to do for me" nonsense. I guess not.

I wasn't affected either, but you won't see me standing around with my hand out expecting Vortex to take back a bunch of used product that I willingly purchased because I've now decided I should've bought something nicer to begin with.

I honestly thought you were joking when you started with the "What are you going to do for me" nonsense. I guess not.
They're defective, not "I should have bought something better"... Yall are the most triggered bunch of snowflakes I've ever met in my life. Always looking to start something with someone so you can feel better about your shitty miserable lives.

Then use the warranty to get them fixed, and sell them.
Probably the route I’ll take. Sure wouldn’t want to give anyone else something to bitch about… 🙄 I was just curious if they were opened to doing something like that. But I can see by the general consensus, asking outside the box questions goes against the groupthink mindset.

Probably the route I’ll take. Sure wouldn’t want to give anyone else something to bitch about… 🙄 I was just curious if they were opened to doing something like that. But I can see by the general consensus, asking outside the box questions goes against the groupthink mindset.
When the outside of the box question is d-baggish, people are gonna call you out. Don't try to go persuading that it's an outside of the box smart brain question.

What other company in any other industry is willing to do what you've asked?

They're defective, not "I should have bought something better"... Yall are the most triggered bunch of snowflakes I've ever met in my life. Always looking to start something with someone so you can feel better about your shitty miserable lives.

I’ve never seen such a hobby with so many GibsMeDats who already own tens of thousands of dollars in optics, rifles, cans, etc whom STILL always have both hands open, asking for “hookups” in the form of discounts, favors, and outright free shit from hard working, American owned, American staffed, American companies. The Ford Raptor forum I’m on has plenty of vendors and the Raptor owners aren’t begging left and right for hookups, must be a gun/precision rifle thing. Anyway, it’s embarrassing and nauseating. It’s why I’ve stopped using the veterans discount when offered.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen such a hobby with some many GibsMeDats who already own tens of thousands of dollars is optics, rifles, cans, etc whom STILL always have both hands open, asking for “hookups” in the form of discounts, favors, and outright free shit from hard working, American owned, American staffed, American companies. The Ford Raptor forum I’m on has plenty of vendors and the Raptor owners aren’t begging left and right for hookups, must be a gun/precision rifle thing. Anyway, it’s embarrassing and nauseating.
You're embarrassing and nauseating at your lack of reading comprehension, or outright ignorance in an attempt to make yourself feel like you hold the moral high ground. I never once asked for a hookup, or a handout, or anything free. What I DID ask was could I bundle what those 4 scopes would cost them to replace, and then put that towards buying something better. And if you, or anyone else is too stupid to get that, then you shouldn't be on an internet forum or playing with guns.

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
How dare you. I have no intentions to feel better about my shitty miserable life.

So nobody has a line on where this fucker is yet? Nobody has found him yet?

I'd be shocked if he's found quickly if this was as planned as it appears and the amount of money is as much as it seems very possible.

When people don't want to be found, you need a coordinated effort with quite a bit of manpower to sit on possible locations. And the more money they have access to, it becomes exponentially harder. Especially if they were able to relocate before things came crashing down.

Reactions: BurtG
I'd be shocked if he's found quickly if this was as planned as it appears and the amount of money is as much as it seems very possible.

When people don't want to be found, you need a coordinated effort with quite a bit of manpower to sit on possible locations. And the more money they have access to, it becomes exponentially harder. Especially if they were able to relocate before things came crashing down.
Scott’s probably watching this thread every single day.

He’ll get caught eventually, and it will probably be for a minor reason too, or else he’ll just get tired of worrying the rest of his life and walk-in somewhere and surrender.

I can’t imagine this was “go away forever” money for Scott, so in a bit he will be up and running somewhere else, and fully exposed, and therefore vulnerable.

Scott has to be perfect, every single day, for the rest of his life. Scott’s pursuers only have to be perfect once.

-Stan

Yeah, but he ain’t 007 or Jason Bourne and it can’t be “hiding out for life” money, IMO.

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: BurtG
I don’t think he made out with FU money either. I just don’t think people are really looking for him.

You all assume someone is looking for him. How many criminal complaints have been filed to get LE after him? And how hard are they looking if there were any filed?
I don't think that those who have been made whole by their credit card company would have any standing in a civil court, and a DA probably wouldn't waste their time criminally from a complaint filed by someone who is no longer out any money. That would leave the credit card companies and/or those who didn't get reimbursed, the ones with the best chance of getting any legal action.