• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LIberty Safe The Bud Lite of Safes

Liberty Safes accidentally just announced to the world that they have a backdoor access code combination to each safe and would be happy to provide it to the government.

Cue a bunch of hackers trying to get that information in a hurry.
I'll give it a year before it's on the criminal underground websites for sale.
It's not a secret it's just news to most of y'all, and most of them have master codes....because people are stupid.

Also, it doesn't take a locksmith that long(relatively) to drill a safe even without a combo.

They would have opened it either way they just used the easier route.

Lots of arm chair folks in here that don't know much about locks. Dials fuck up all the time and have to be replaced, it's all built cheap.

Key pads die, and dials drift or internals break. See more dials swapped to keypads than the other way.

"I like it so it's the only right way!"

Last edited:
Apple refused to unlock the Pensacola shooters I phone. They had a warrant. Apparently they provided "gigabytes" of info though. No backdoor to unlock the phone. I wonder why? Because they have dirt on every human that has one of their phones and only they want access to it to dispense as they see fit.

We don't know what was in the warrant. But, it's pretty simple. If they had a warrant for the residence to look for "XYZ" and "XYZ" could be contained within the safe, they can search it.

Fourth Amendment​

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

As far as the company giving out the backdoor code to get in it? They don't have too that was their choice. As far as me buying one of their safes? Never going to happen.

Stirring shit? Well, hell yeah!
I know Apple did. What a bunch of fucking dirt bags right.

Yes 4th amendment. I like how people are playing "we dont know so they must not have it." Does anyone here really think when searching a house of someone charged with seditious conspiracy to over throw the government. That safes would not be included in the warrent.

What would you put in a liberty safe? You guys gone to locking up your steak knives across the pond?

Reactions: Sblzrd65
There are other federal LE agencies that have access tools for Iphones. I witnessed one work and it unlocked my phone and downloaded everything in a few minutes at my friends office. It bypasses foreigner phones at locations in other countries when they turn the phone in to enter a SCIF or other "secure" location. I'm sure others do it to us as well. It literally looked like one of those little backup battery packs or HDMI type adaptors for a meeting room. USB on one side and an adaptor for apple or android on the other. Plugs into the laptop on one side, phone on the other and click start on the laptop. A few seconds later phone is unlocked and downloading starts. It was impressive actually, but scary how fast it could work. He had my emails, pics, texts, contacts and call list quickly. I am not sure what else he "stole" when he showed me how it worked.

They had the tool well before the time the FBI supposedly paid Israel for the tool. He sent me a text laughing saying the FBI should have just asked them because every field office for them had one. I think it was all BS to keep people from knowing they can access it without much trouble. If you think your personal Iphone is secure from the gov you are mistaken.

I have an entire list of woke companies that I do everything in my power not to support....some are near impossible to avoid like Proctor and Gamble, but Liberty is VERY easy.

I can only speak for myself here but they will never get $1 from me or anyone who asks me about a gun safe. Hillary is more likely to get a campaign donation from me than my buying a Liberty Safe. I also can't wait for #47 to pardon all these Jan 6 victims

It's not a secret it's just news to most of y'all, and most of them have master codes....because people are stupid.
Yes most anything that’s digital for your home has master codes including your security system.

Last time security tech was at my house I asked him for the security system master code in case I need to change the settings and he gladly provided it to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuneBoer and lash
Also, it doesn't take a locksmith that long to drill a safe even without a combo.

Lots of arm chair folks in here that don't know much about locks. Dials fuck up all the time and have to be replaced, it's all built cheap.

Key pads die, and dials drift or internals break. See more dials swapped to keypads than the other way.

I’ve seen some safes come with the dial combination written on the instruction sheet provided to the buyer and another safe company would ask you to create your own combination and they would set it up for you.

Either way would be wise to call a locksmith to reset the combination once it’s delivered.

Is there such a thing as a master combination code for the dials?

There are other federal LE agencies that have access tools for Iphones. I witnessed one work and it unlocked my phone and downloaded everything in a few minutes at my friends office. It bypasses foreigner phones at locations in other countries when they turn the phone in to enter a SCIF or other "secure" location. I'm sure others do it to us as well. It literally looked like one of those little backup battery packs or HDMI type adaptors for a meeting room. USB on one side and an adaptor for apple or android on the other. Plugs into the laptop on one side, phone on the other and click start on the laptop. A few seconds later phone is unlocked and downloading starts. It was impressive actually, but scary how fast it could work. He had my emails, pics, texts, contacts and call list quickly. I am not sure what else he "stole" when he showed me how it worked.

They had the tool well before the time the FBI supposedly paid Israel for the tool. He sent me a text laughing saying the FBI should have just asked them because every field office for them had one. I think it was all BS to keep people from knowing they can access it without much trouble. If you think your personal Iphone is secure from the gov you are mistaken.
What if the fbi Apple thing was a show. It both helped Apple and covered for the fact that big tech and big LE were touching pee pees with each other.

Reactions: gigamortis
I’ve seen some safes come with the dial combination written on the instruction sheet provided to the buyer and another safe company would ask you to create your own combination and they would set it up for you.

Either way would be wise to call a locksmith to reset the combination once it’s delivered.

usually have to drill to gain access and replace/reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: JR_77
FB_IMG_1694032993341.jpg

Also, it doesn't take a locksmith that long to drill a safe even without a combo.

You haven't seen some of the better safes, then.

There is no master combo. What you do is open the door, dial the combo on the change key indicator, insert change key into back of lock pack and change, dial new desired combo, remove change key, check several times before locking the safe door.

This is from memory, but instructions are online and change keys are cheap. It pays to do your own when you get a safe delivered and not keep the factory combo.

Reactions: JR_77

There is no master combo. What you do is open the door, dial the combo on the change key indicator, insert change key into back of lock pack and change, dial new desired combo, remove change key, check several times before locking the safe door.

This is from memory, but instructions are online and change keys are cheap. It pays to do your own when you get a safe delivered and not keep the factory combo.
Just goes to show you don't know anything about me

Reactions: MK20

Well obviously it had a master because they got it through a warrant you're talking Safe Dials not electronic keypads it's completely different

And like I said before tmost of the dials are cheaply made and shit they only work for so long eventually they drift and then your combinations changed and you have to figure out what it is

Also if you need in quickly you're fucked. Dials aren't that great

Maybe instead of blaming Liberty, we talk about who the real shit bag is in the story. Our Federal Government is out of control. All gun transactions will be recorded by background checks and if you protest the Government, you will get your dick kicked in. Things are accelerating rather quickly, despite our current Supreme Court Judges. At the end of the day, people's lives are being ruined by the Government to prove a point. You can claim the Republicans will turn things around, but I don't see them stepping up and saving anyone currently. It's a Big Club, and you're not in it!

...can't we blame both?...

If I buy a safe....I expect the mfg to not hand out the access code to anyone (with a "valid warrant") who asks for it....

Even if they have an explicit warrant to examine the safe.....the MFG is still under no obligation to provided them with the code.

The only way the mfg is obligated to provide a code is with a court order.

It's hard enough to deal with federal over reach without private industry aiding them at every turn.
Devils advocate, it didn't change the outcome.

I'd bet this happens constantly with multiple manufacturers.

Reactions: MadDuner

If I buy a safe....I expect the mfg to not hand out the access code to anyone (with a "valid warrant") who asks for it....

Even if they have an explicit warrant to examine the safe.....the MFG is still under no obligation to provided them with the code.

It's hard enough to deal with federal over reach without private industry aiding them at every turn.
It’s not just the federal gov’t and their badged terrorists. The state, county, and city governments and their badged thugs are all playing right along as well. They all acknowledge an unelected and therefore unconstitutional federal gov’t. Not one local gov’t has ordered their “good cops” to intervene and stop these illegal armed robberies and kidnappings committed by fed terrorists. They assist them instead and would have no problem coming to the aid of their soulless fed counterparts who commit violence on behalf of the criminals in power. It’s sick.

Last edited:

The Fed keep using private industry to circumvent the constitution (see Twitter banning people at the govts request)......we need to stop supporting companies that give them that back door.
It's cute that you think Liberty makes safes. It's a residential security container. I have a Liberty and it's nothing more than a 1000lbs file cabinet filled with drywall....

It might not have changed the outcome......but:
1)we shouldn't be making it easier for them, because the easier or is, the more they do it.
2) it makes it harder for people to legally challenge that over reach if they are using "legal" loopholes to circumvent the laws that govern them.
But it really wouldn't make it harder, they would have just made a second phone call.

It's just odd how we selectively get outraged. Whys there not a post every time a search warrant is used? What's so special about this one?

Also why are y'all using twitter? Musk is no savior. I get sent tiktok links also, fuck that as well.

Reactions: FWoo45
we all know warrants don't matter with FBI,DHS,ATF,DEA whatever gestapo like federal group wants something. my safe is a liberty non electric. i would never voluntarily own anything with electric locks. have and hate them on my suv because there is no choice but to be sold all that digital shit with any vehicle newer than about 2000. americans' obcession with digital convenience will bite all in the ass at some point.

But it really wouldn't make it harder, they would have just made a second phone call.

It's just odd how we selectively get outraged. Whys there not a post every time a search warrant is used? What's so special about this one?

Also why are y'all using twitter? Musk is no savior. I get sent tiktok links also, fuck that as well.
I’m not selectively outraged. I’m extremely consistent. Government has and always will be a criminal organization. Criminals make the laws, their kangaroo courts issue warrants, and statists with a gun force the state on the people for a paycheck. Neither has anything to do with right and wrong. The whole warrant thing just as everything else is just theatre to full the stupid. Its all evil and so are those who play a willing role in the system.

....so you have no problem private companies are giving the Fed a way to circumvent the constitution?.......

If there was an issue with the warrant....and they didn't actually have a right to search the safe.....the owners now have no legal recourse because the mfg have the Fed the code freely.....
You can use logic and not agree with what happened oddly enough.

I’ll repeat myself again, they had a warrant they'd get in either way. They made and enforced their own rules right or not so...

.... if it wasn’t liberty it would be another company, welcome to the real world where the feds do what they want and people bitch online about it, it’ll be a new topic in a day or two.

You'd have to be the biggest moron ever for any of these stories to still surprise you. “You” being the general moron who falls into that category

Reactions: Bradu
we all know warrants don't matter with FBI,DHS,ATF,DEA whatever gestapo like federal group wants something. my safe is a liberty non electric. i would never voluntarily own anything with electric locks. have and hate them on my suv because there is no choice but to be sold all that digital shit with any vehicle newer than about 2000. americans' obcession with digital convenience will bite all in the ass at some point.
and dials fail, and change combination over time...

I’m not selectively outraged. I’m extremely consistent. Government has and always will be a criminal organization. Criminals make the laws, their kangaroo courts issue warrants, and statists with a gun force the state on the people for a paycheck. Neither has anything to do with right and wrong. The whole warrant thing is just theatre to full the stupid. Its all evil and so are those who play a willing role in the system.
But this type of situation happens daily somewhere, and no posts...

Hell some of our members have probably participated in using search warrants.

Ok I can only explain why private companies backdooring illegal federal activity is bad......but i can't understand it for you.

Yes, they would have gotten into the safe either way......that's not the fucking point.

If you can't understand that, I can't help you.
If you can’t understand it’s the outrage machine magically pushing one single story about something that occurs constantly I can’t help you either.

I understand completely.

Reactions: Hippy_Steve
So liberty safes did nothing wrong then?
Can you read? I never said “they were right” I said it didn’t change anything.

“I can’t help you understand”...or teach you the powers of deduction. If we want to be pissy.

So liberty safes did nothing wrong then?

Frankly I want to know ALL companies give fed access to information without a court order.
I agree with what you are saying but I do have one question to ask.

Would a kangaroo court order being issued and obeyed change your perception?

If nothing else of benefit has come from this story… it got me to preemptively replace all the batteries in my “storage cabinets pretending to be safes” keypads.

Thank you all!

Reactions: raider1v1
"Liberty Safes......where we take the liberty of handing out your combination to feds with a phone call"

Apple refused to unlock the Pensacola shooters I phone. They had a warrant. Apparently they provided "gigabytes" of info though. No backdoor to unlock the phone. I wonder why? Because they have dirt on every human that has one of their phones and only they want access to it to dispense as they see fit.

We don't know what was in the warrant. But, it's pretty simple. If they had a warrant for the residence to look for "XYZ" and "XYZ" could be contained within the safe, they can search it.

Fourth Amendment​

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

As far as the company giving out the backdoor code to get in it? They don't have too that was their choice. As far as me buying one of their safes? Never going to happen.

Stirring shit? Well, hell yeah!
the last thing the federal government is going to do is push too hard against the tech industry. Especially Apple, and the enormous influence Apple has on the consumer base. Liberty, on the hand, has a miniscule customer base. Face it, most gun owners will only buy one large gun safe in our lifetime and have no plans on buying another one. It's not like Apple, where they are guaranteed a repeat customer every year or so.

Reactions: DuneBoer
So you do realize we're arguing the same point?....why the hostility?......what point are you trying to make dude?

Not really....as a courts decision can be challenged, and overruled by a superior court.

But if that info is offered up freely, there is literally 0 course of action.
You started the hostilities hence me loosely quoting you. Again I understood the whole time, but couldn’t force you to. You just thought I was thought the one who didn’t grasp it until now.

Come on guys: how many of you think that a safe you buy for under 12k is going to keep any police agency out?

My Cabela's / Liberty Outfitter 48 gun safe made it through the fire just fine. Granted it wasn't "in the flames", but it was maybe 10-15 feet away. Considering how much smoke damage there was to the entire house, the safe made it though just fine, no smoke damage or even smoke smell inside the safe. As for the deal with Liberty giving up the master code...not surprised at all...disappointed, but not surprised.

Reactions: MadDuner
If the warrant didn't specify the safe and they break into it then the evidence they find is in question as to its admissibility. If they have the combo they can do as they like.
Screw liberty they should have fought this as long as possible caviving like this makes me think they are a bunch of leftists that want to help stick it to the J6ers.
IMO

If the warrant didn't specify the safe and they break into it then the evidence they find is in question as to its admissibility. If they have the combo they can do as they like.
Screw liberty they should have fought this as long as possible caviving like this makes me think they are a bunch of leftists that want to help stick it to the J6ers.
IMO
I doubt the warrant or FBI agents ever disclosed it was a 2-years after the fact J6 related witch hunt.

Most of the “gun safes” are rated as fire resistant, x number of deg for x number of minutes. This is worthless unless it’s been UL tested. Safes with electronic locks can readily be converted to manual because the mounting specifications are the same for all safes, that’s how you can take a lock off one safe and mount on another manufacturer without any modifications. The only thing that may need changing is the spindle length if the door is thicker. A safe that needs opened for whatever reason will be drilled. You will drill a small 1/4” hole in a certain spot (remember they all have the same footprint) and you go in and align the gates of the lock and presto your in. You then take a hardened steel tapered rod drive it into the hole you drilled in the door, cut it off and grind it smooth put a little paint on it and your good to go. I can drill your safe, open it, fix it back up and you would never know it unless you knew what to look for.