• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lighter Tikka TAC A1

gloryman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2017
Oklahoma
I'm new to long-range shooting (2-3 years) but got into it with a factory Tikka TAC A1 6.5 CM with a Viper PST Scope. I'm loving the added range and accuracy the Tikka adds to my rifle collection. The rig is great fun plinking at the range but a beast when toting to the blind for hunting. What would be your recommended biggest bang for the buck if I wanted to reduce the weight without reducing accuracy? Carbon barrel? New stock?

A new Tikka in a light barrel profile. 🤠

I moved my TacA1 into a Bravo chassis. I think I'm right at 15 lbs. total w/ a 35 oz scope. The TacA1 chassis isn't as heavy as you might think.

Reactions: OG10 and gloryman
As a lefty I didn't have many options except with a GRS Bifrost stock. However, I think I only saved maybe 1.5 lbs. which still makes for a heavy rig.

Reactions: gloryman
Top one is the critter getter

Carbon barrel won’t be lighter then a factory sporter barrel.

No idea on weight but it’s fine. Ignore the diy scope condoms. Couldn’t find the butler creeks.
45D89374-44C5-49B3-B983-2F9E45986CF3.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: clcustom1911
Good grief! I'm trying to imagine what circumstance dumps snow on your rifles.
You know. Out there. In the wild. There are things called trees, and snow.

When it snows, it falls from the sky and stick to the branches. Passing under these, the snow might fall off and land on whatever is beneath them. Including people and rifles... 😉

UPR is 8.5 lbs even with a steel barrel. So a T3X Lite with a 22" 6.5CM Proof Prefit in a Manners Carbon Fiber stock has got to be close to the UPR weight ...

....AND waaay cooler

Tikka Ultralite for hunting. Weights as much as a newborn baby with a scope and is way less expensive.

Tikka T3x Superlite in 6.5 creedmoor is a great hunting rifle, even with a PST gen 2 weighing it down. I have 2 of them, one for my son. No way I would want to lug my tac a1 up and down a mountain.

toting to the blind is not the same as walking up and down the mountains.

For blind hunting a nice heavy stable gun is much better than a light one.

I have a T3x Tac A1 24" in 6.5CR for range/static stuff and a T3x Lite 24" 7mm RemMag for both range and lugging around. Huge difference in weight. If you can score a T3x Lite, do it. It's a world of difference of weight.