• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lightest adjustable stock?

ormandj

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
TX
I'm looking to compliment my 19.6lb range rifle with something more packable. My plan is to continue using a Impact 737r but run a Proof Sendero barrel.

What are the current lightest folding/non-folding stock options out there, with an adjustable (or customizable) comb? I found a few older threads but may have missed any newer so feel free to redirect me.

Right now I'm looking at the AG Composites Adjustable Hunter model at 40oz. I want to make sure I don't miss any good options before I purchase. Thanks!

Another option is to get a manners EH1 and ask them to fit on the adjustable cheek piece developed for the compact stock.

Reactions: ormandj
Another option is to get a manners EH1 and ask them to fit on the adjustable cheek piece developed for the compact stock.

If they do custom orders, and I could get a comb setup at my preferred height and avoid the extra weight of the adjustment mechanism, that's even cooler. Good suggestion, either way it's one more on the list to evaluate.

The lightest adjustable stock is going to be the old CAR stock (think M4 stock but smaller).

You have to add the weight of a butt stock to the XLR carbon so it is not the lightest chassis.

The MPA Ultralite is about 2.7 lbs with grip if I remember right. That’s pretty legit given adjustability and Arca rail etc.

I’m building a lighter hunter on it.

Reactions: beretta_man11
OP asked for the "lightest options" (plural)

XLR is one of the "lightest options. "

2.7 lbs = about 42 oz.

XLR = 27 oz. not including the butt, of which multiple options are avaiable.

I'll let the OP decide if he has to have the absolute lightest in the world ever in the history of mankind, or not. :)

Last edited:
I know the one I posted is pretty much the F1 car of stocks, it's the razor's edge of light weight but damn is it pricey

If they do custom orders, and I could get a comb setup at my preferred height and avoid the extra weight of the adjustment mechanism, that's even cooler. Good suggestion, either way it's one more on the list to evaluate.

From what I recall the adjustment for the lightweight cheek piece option for the EH1 (not the EH1A) is just a way to add on polymer spacers. The extra weight should only be a few ounces. Not sure whether they can customize it for you further. Would be interested if you make any interesting discoveries :)

Is the stock that pva is offering made by the same dudes that were making chad dixons element stock? If they ever make one in bdl with a sloped butt, man id be down.

If Christensen arms ever sells the MPR stock by itself it will be one of the lightest.

Side chick by Q is around 2.5 pounds I think.

There was one stock out of Europe that was pretty light and adjustable, but I can’t for the life of remember who made it.

You have to add the weight of a butt stock to the XLR carbon so it is not the lightest chassis.

The MPA Ultralite is about 2.7 lbs with grip if I remember right. That’s pretty legit given adjustability and Arca rail etc.

I’m building a lighter hunter on it.

What action and barrel?

Wondering how light you will get it.

Luth AR with a commercial AR buffer tube is pretty light, especially with the adjustability it has. I had one on an XLR Carbon chassis and it felt really nice.

Reactions: garandman
It’s going to be a bit of a cross over rifle as a 223 trainer and hunter.

With a Bighorn TL3 and proof carbon barrel, depending on scope choice it can come in under 10 lbs.

What action and barrel?

Wondering how light you will get it.

It’s going to be a bit of a cross over rifle as a 223 trainer and hunter.

With a Bighorn TL3 and proof carbon barrel, depending on scope choice it can come in under 10 lbs.

Yup. Scopes can be 2 lbs + all by themselves.

We will be releasing a new updated chassis that will be able to be configured with different buttstocks and grips, folding or fixed from around sub 32 ounces (complete chassis W/ buttstock and grip weight is still be finalized) all the way up to 7+ pounds with additional weight kits. The standard configuration of that chassis that will be available within the next couple weeks will be 3 pounds with a fixed fully adjustable buttstock, ergo tactical deluxe grip at $595. The lighter weight options of this will soon follow after final testing. We currently have a 6.5 PRC with a 20" proof sendaro light barrel complete chassis, titanium action at 6 pounds 6 ounces! And could get it below 6 pounds. Will post more to follow.

Luth AR with a commercial AR buffer tube is pretty light, especially with the adjustability it has. I had one on an XLR Carbon chassis and it felt really nice.

Same experience on a MDT HS3. It's my light-ish 28 Nosler with a pencil barrel. The Luth is a *little* flimsy feeling buy very light and you can get it adjusted so it's really comfortable to get behind.

We will be releasing a new updated chassis that will be able to be configured with different buttstocks and grips, folding or fixed from around sub 32 ounces (complete chassis W/ buttstock and grip weight is still be finalized) all the way up to 7+ pounds with additional weight kits. The standard configuration of that chassis that will be available within the next couple weeks will be 3 pounds with a fixed fully adjustable buttstock, ergo tactical deluxe grip at $595. The lighter weight options of this will soon follow after final testing. We currently have a 6.5 PRC with a 20" proof sendaro light barrel complete chassis, titanium action at 6 pounds 6 ounces! And could get it below 6 pounds. Will post more to follow.
No sneak peeks? Not even if you rub vasoline on the camera lens first?

XLR- hurry up and make this happen. And please do a long action too. I need to lighten up my 300 win mag for elk season.
This chassis will be available for Rem 700 SA&LA (clones included) Savage SA top &Bottom bolt release, Tikka T3 SA &T1x, Savage Axis SA, Howa 1500 SA, and CZ 457. All ready to go right and left hand at the release, and other inlets will follow if they have high enough demand.

This chassis will be available for Rem 700 SA&LA (clones included) Savage SA top &Bottom bolt release, Tikka T3 SA &T1x, Savage Axis SA, Howa 1500 SA, and CZ 457. All ready to go right and left hand at the release, and other inlets will follow if they have high enough demand.

Cz 455 too?

Here is a photo showing the lightest version of the new Element 3.0 chassis. As mentioned above this chassis will be able to be configured in a ton of different ways. from 28 ounces all the way up to 8+ pounds. All depends on buttstock grip, and forend option. Pricing is still getting worked on but we are REALLY close on having these available for purchase.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to trying to check some of these out in person.

Here is a photo showing the lightest version of the new Element 3.0 chassis. As mentioned above this chassis will be able to be configured in a ton of different ways. from 28 ounces all the way up to 8+ pounds. All depends on buttstock grip, and forend option. Pricing is still getting worked on but we are REALLY close on having these available for purchase. View attachment 7117750

Outstanding work.

Which actions will get the love first?

Reactions: XLR Industries