• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Lightweight Hunting Rifles

.280 Ackley

Bare rifle weighs right at 7 lbs., so depending on your flavor of optics/mounts, total package comes to 8.5-9 lbs.

Not the lightest, but as light as I wanted to go for that load. View attachment 6927874View attachment 6927875

This one is really nice, what stock is that?

**edit**

nevermind, I already saw mention of it being an M50 from stockys...

Reactions: santee116
Finally got my Kimber Montana 338-06 back from the smith last week. Originally it was a 270 I bought used and had rebored to 338-06 and chopped down to 21". Shot some bears, moose, and caribou with it but since I picked up a SiCo Hybrid last summer during the buy one get on free I dediced to lop it back to make it short and handy with the suppressor. So had my gunsmith cut it back to 16.5" and thread it. This way I can shoot and work up loads in the yard.

Anyways, it now shoots 230 grainers at 2525 fps and my 210 sirocco bullet load at just below 2700 fps (2690 fps average). It was just over 2800 fps with that same exact load when it had 5" more barrel so I can live with the velocity drop.

I feel its a a good step up from my 6.5 CM that shoots 135 Hornady A tips at 2800 fps out of its 16.5" barrel that is 5.6 pounds scoped and suppressed (4 pounds 2 oz naked rifle), see post #137 above. While this 338-06 is 7.25 pounds with a heavier scope and suppressor (4 pounds 12 oz naked rifle). Pretty happy with how both of them turned out and likely cover most of what I need hunting wise here in Alaska.

UUDVxwX.jpg

ToRrGpB.jpg

mK6OTE1.jpg

seBBEfk.jpg
View attachment 7298994View attachment 7298995View attachment 7298997View attachment 7298999

Sweet.... Looks like you went 1/2x28 with threaded adapter? Any issues with recoil working threads loose on the 338-06?

Light-ish. About 10lb with empty mag.

TL3
Manners EH1 w/ CIP mini chassis
26" 28 Nosler proof sendaro light (I think, it may be regular sendaro, can't remember)
TT special
AMG, ARC rings.

qKOfHmN.jpg

Light-ish. About 10lb with empty mag.

TL3
Manners EH1 w/ CIP mini chassis
26" 28 Nosler proof sendaro light (I think, it may be regular sendaro, can't remember)
TT special
AMG, ARC rings.

qKOfHmN.jpg

Sweet rifle but wow 10 lbs is light ish, for me I'd want something under 7 lbs