• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Working on prototyping some ARCA adapters for the MWS, not that I have the small frame ones done.

p9pW2BH.jpg

Personally, I wouldn’t want to add the weight to an already heavy system.
Why do you want piston?

I'm thinking about adding a Piston version to my LMT MWS lineup because I already have both DI and Piston version of my LMT MRP rifles & pistols. And I like having options.

Reactions: mrtoyz
I'm thinking about adding a Piston version to my LMT MWS lineup because I already have both DI and Piston version of my LMT MRP rifles & pistols. And I like having options.

That would be cool to hear about,

I just wouldn't slap 3lbs worth of optic and flashlight on it. Slap a aimpoint micro, and a lightweight, low back pressure K can on it and that thing could be nasty.

Reactions: Jsp556
If anyone is looking for an ARCA rail for their LM8/SLK upper, Matt at Sawtooth Rifles modified one of their M-LOK ARCA rails for me. Modified and shipped same day. Excellent customer service and it fits perfectly.
Got any pics? I’m hoping dwilson makes his prototype for the LM8 also but seeing as they’re kinda phased out I’m unsure. Just sent my barrel off to him to be chopped to 17.5” and adding a Seekins adjustable. Just need to pick up the lower, scope mount, and charging handle.

Here you go. The screw hole spacing on mlok matches the lm8 spacing. Once the mlok indexing protrusions are milled off it fits. Screws are 10-32.
Got any pics? I’m hoping dwilson makes his prototype for the LM8 also but seeing as they’re kinda phased out I’m unsure. Just sent my barrel off to him to be chopped to 17.5” and adding a Seekins adjustable. Just need to pick up the lower, scope mount, and charging handle.

Attachments

• 73040309910__27279B2B-64A9-4F3E-A75D-1EABF61B2E06.jpeg
    73040309910__27279B2B-64A9-4F3E-A75D-1EABF61B2E06.jpeg
    583.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4851.jpeg
    IMG_4851.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 43
That Arca rail is looking good, do you have pictures from other angles? What are your thoughts on chamfering edges by the mag well or rounding the forward corners off?…do you think any of that would be a noticeable benefit?

That Arca rail is looking good, do you have pictures from other angles? What are your thoughts on chamfering edges by the mag well or rounding the forward corners off?…do you think any of that would be a noticeable benefit?

Not many pictures at the moment. Still shooting some promo pictures.

We have considered what you describe, just working out some details on how to machine that economically.

j2OUtXl.jpeg

Not many pictures at the moment. Still shooting some promo pictures.

We have considered what you describe, just working out some details on how to machine that economically.

j2OUtXl.jpeg

Is it possible to include shorter M-LOK bolts that are machined to a length that does not interfere with the removal of the barrel? It will save us some time with a file or Dremel...

Question...

I'm building a mws. Just picked up an 15.3 upper and 308 cip barrel from lmt. Definitely want to have it suppressed.
How does the tbac dominus do on a mws?
What spring and buffer combo is recommended?
I read how over gassed mws are, but that's the can I have and would rather not buy another one if possible.
Would an lmt lower be better to run vs. a sr25 lower?

Thank you,

Amitune

Question...

I'm building a mws. Just picked up an 15.3 upper and 308 cip barrel from lmt. Definitely want to have it suppressed.
How does the tbac dominus do on a mws?
What spring and buffer combo is recommended?
I read how over gassed mws are, but that's the can I have and would rather not buy another one if possible.
Would an lmt lower be better to run vs. a sr25 lower?

Thank you,
I like my Dominus, but it has a fair amount of backpressure on every AR-15 I own. It is tolerable on my PWS (but that is a piston gun with an adjustable gas block for suppressed) I haven't tried it on my MWS, but I suspect it will be over-gassed given other people's experiences with various suppressors. Someone had an adjustable gas block placed on their's some time back.

i don't think the lower you run will matter.

Last edited:
Thank you gro. That's unfortunate then. I may have to try one of the brt gas tubes. Or I guess an RC2 is in my future for this build.

Thank you gro. That's unfortunate then. I may have to try one of the brt gas tubes. Or I guess an RC2 is in my future for this build.

Huxwrx Flow Ti is about as good as it gets on an LMT with factory gas - be it a piston or DI.

Everything else either requires tweaking the gas system or running an adjustable BCG. I found adjustable BCGs to work best despite using AGB for eons.

As said above, Dominus is gassy, but can be managed with remediation. Flow Ti requires no tweaking and if on a piston, run it on the unsupressed setting for max affect.

Huxwrx Flow Ti is about as good as it gets on an LMT with factory gas - be it a piston or DI.

Everything else either requires tweaking the gas system or running an adjustable BCG. I found adjustable BCGs to work best despite using AGB for eons.

As said above, Dominus is gassy, but can be managed with remediation. Flow Ti requires no tweaking and if on a piston, run it on the unsupressed setting for max affect.

Mine works ok with an RC2 + piston running on suppressed + heavier buffer, but I would agree that some type of flow-through suppressor is a better idea.

Reactions: amitune
Well it was between huxwrx flow ti or the RC2. But since I have a dominus, I'm trying to use what I have right now. More research is needed on my part. If anyone has more experience with any one of these cans on the mws, please feel free to share. Good and bad experiences. Thank you.