• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Re: LMT .308 MWS

That looks awesome. I wish I would have waited instead of buying my DPMS SASS. I love my SASS but the LMT would go good with my MRP.

I need the 18" barrel for it. the 16 is having a hard time being accurate at 600 yards. I also think its building up to much pressure when it is suppressed.

I just checked on my order today, and no word yet. I'm still hoping to get it pretty soon.

I called LMT today. They told me 90 days on additional barrels and July to August delivery on next batch of rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called LMT today. They told me 90 days on additional barrels and July to August delivery on next batch of rifles. </div></div>You make me sad. Oh well hopefully mine will be here by August.

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I signed up looking for insight on this exact rifle. I'm currently in Iraq and am looking at ordering one and having it shipped to an FFL in my home state of MN. (where I have a permit).

-Have there been any issues with LMTs?
-are the PMags working? or do they require modification?
-Do you think it's worth the wait for an 18" barrel?

I'm also looking for advice on scopes, but I figure that's in another forum section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Army Eric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I'm new here, but I signed up looking for insight on this exact rifle. I'm currently in Iraq and am looking at ordering one and having it shipped to an FFL in my home state of MN. (where I have a permit).

-Have there been any issues with LMTs?
-are the PMags working? or do they require modification?
-Do you think it's worth the wait for an 18" barrel?

I'm also looking for advice on scopes, but I figure that's in another forum section. </div></div>

So you live in MN ? But your location on your profile says NC ?

Ive had zero issues with mine. barrel length is personal preference.
I dont have Pmags to function test it yet

I would venture to say he's stationed at Ft. Bragg & maybe spending time at Camp McCall too.

we need more pictures !
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we need more pictures !
wink.gif
</div></div>I agree more pics please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hilbillee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would venture to say he's stationed at Ft. Bragg & maybe spending time at Camp McCall too.
</div></div>

Yep and nope. No McCall time. just at Bragg... well if you count 4 months in between S. Korea and Iraq. MN is my home home.

Anyone else try the PMags?

Nice Rifle, wish I would have waited I got a DPMS SASS, but it shoots pretty well.

Does anyone know if LMT's recent price increase will change the price for anyone who already ordered? Basically i'm hoping they still honor the original price my dealer ordered it at.

If your order was into LMT before 4/30/2010 you should be OK on recieving the old price. Generally, LMT honors pricing on orders placed with them. Your dealer policy may vary.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your order was into LMT before 4/30/2010 you should be OK on recieving the old price. Generally, LMT honors pricing on orders placed with them. Your dealer policy may vary. </div></div> Well my order has been in since Shot, so yeah I better get the original price.

Check out the Noveske AR-15 rifles they are awesome!!!

WOW - they went up $800? Am I reading that right?
Weren't these $2500 - now they are $3333?

That's disappointing, thought it was a good value at the old pricing.

Wow glad I got mine before the price increase!!!! I want to hear that kid talk trash now about "Im getting mine for $2030.00 from my dealer"

Haha i doubt he is getting one for $1303 below mark up!!!!!

I called LMT and the lady said because I ordered mine before the price increase that my dealer will get the original price listed. So hopefully I do get mine for 2100.00.

Picked mine up yesterday from local shop ($2500.00). Will get pics and range report soon as I find the camera.

Initial impression is positive. Very well built and very heavy.

Since I shot Anchors gun better than he did..... I'll put up a pic for him
grin.gif
Love ya Bro!
I'm really impressed. It's a little heavy and the sopmod sucks prone but she defintely shoots.
100yd 4 shot group (1st shot was a dud....Anchors reload fu is strong!)
Anchors 118LR reloads(175smk, varget, LC brass, BR primers)
iphone pic....
83955f44.jpg

From the prone, the SOPMOD does indeed suck, the VLTOR EMOD or Magpul ACs are much better stocks for that gun.

You have two options with the SOPMOD, place your hand behind the latch (and absorb the recoil into the web of your forefinger and thumb) or dremel off the rear portion of the latch and live with not being able to adjust it easily.

Yeah, I'd seen you mention that. Anchor and I were talking about him switching to the ACS. Do you notice any other difference other than the obvious, cheekweld, weight?

Really want an EMC but I'm starting to think this might be a nice stop-gap until ya'll(KAC) get all the manuf. bugs worked out. Other than weight and a so-so trigger the LMT is really impressive.

-T

Anyone have velocities for 155, 167, 175gr factory loads from the 16" semi platforms?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I'd seen you mention that. Anchor and I were talking about him switching to the ACS. Do you notice any other difference other than the obvious, cheekweld, weight?

Really want an EMC but I'm starting to think this might be a nice stop-gap until ya'll(KAC) get all the manuf. bugs worked out. Other than weight and a so-so trigger the LMT is really impressive.

-T </div></div>

Can you define "so-so trigger"???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since I shot Anchors gun better than he did..... I'll put up a pic for him </div></div>

First off I had to sight it in for you and second bite me!

As for the trigger the only ready point of comparison is to the KAC trigger which is exceptional. By AR platform standards the trigger is very nice...just isnt as nice as the KAC.

lol!!! Is that what you told your girlfriend lat time we took her out???? LMAO!!!

Yeah the trigger has too much creap.

I was hoping KAC and LMT shared the KAC 2 stage too....

-T

Here's mine. I already had the Leupy and Larue mount so I thought I would give them a try. I can't get to the range until Memorial Day weekend so no rounds down range yet. I have the KAC mag that came with it, some Pmags and a few leftover DPMS mags to try.

LMT308WIPLeupy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hank06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine. I already had the Leupy and Larue mount so I thought I would give them a try. I can't get to the range until Memorial Day weekend so no rounds down range yet. I have the KAC mag that came with it, some Pmags and a few leftover DPMS mags to try.
</div></div>

Which Leupy? It looks like a 50mm obj.

I'm trying to decide if I want a 3.5-10x40 or 4.5-14x50 on mine.

That is, when it arrives!

It's is a MARK 4 LR/T 4.5-14X50 M1 with TMR reticle PN60005. As I get older the 50mm gives me a little more light for my aging eyes. I had the scope and mount from a previous project and I didn't want to changing / spending more money until I at least shot it. I'm not sure about the mount though, I'd move to Badgers to get the scope lower. The stock may change also. I just need to get to the range and start working through a few things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheTrauma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun shop confirmed as well. Hope that doesn't ruin your fun. </div></div>

Can you say immature?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the prone, the SOPMOD does indeed suck, the VLTOR EMOD or Magpul ACs are much better stocks for that gun.

You have two options with the SOPMOD, place your hand behind the latch (and absorb the recoil into the web of your forefinger and thumb) or dremel off the rear portion of the latch and live with not being able to adjust it easily.

</div></div>

Or you could do the right thing.... by a Magpul PRS stock and watch your accuracy increase exponentially! Ive got one on order for mine.

Post pics, groups and velocities if (possible) of factory loads please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheTrauma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun shop confirmed as well. Hope that doesn't ruin your fun. </div></div>

Can you say immature? </div></div>Haha and here we are with the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm sure everyone here heard about the delay. Does anyone have an exact time frame when they will start shipping again?

Looking for some info on the lmt or pof? Never shot either but looking to buy one . any suggestions for a 308. thx

Looking for info is a rather broad request.

LMT is so far an excellent rifle but even though I have one I dont get very attached to rifles so if it ends up being not what I want it will be sold. What I will say is so far I have been happy with it, its very well made and very accurate.

POF has a very established track record and the parts used are all top shelf (Rock 5r barrel). Piston I could venture to say would be a very strong selling point for a person wishing to run a supressor. Accuracy is very well documented as being sub MOA.

IMO it boils down to personal preferance but I for one wouldnt talk you out of either. I think the POF offers a lot of value for the price and I think the LMT MOD selection offers a lot of piece of mind in so far as I feel it was tested extensivly for reliability and accuracy prior to being selected YMMV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheTrauma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheTrauma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun shop confirmed as well. Hope that doesn't ruin your fun. </div></div>

Can you say immature? </div></div>Haha and here we are with the perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black. </div></div>

Keep them coming! I love internet drama. Its entertaining!

Called into LMT about two weeks ago and was told I was #25 on the waiting list and will ship in another month.
I ordered three during ShotShow week on the initial order.

Have mine ordered through Kiesler's, I was told it would ship sometime in June hopefully! I have a USO SN-3 1.8-10 in a LaRue SPR, 8 PMAG's, a Harris 6-9" and 2000 rounds of XM80 just waiting for its arrival!!!

hey all,

I am looking at this gun for a little bit different reason than most here. see uncle sugar likes to send me on these safaris. They are normally to high and dry places. so as a primary distance weapon I am currently using a 300WM rem700 with a NF on an AI chassis. I am very comfortable on a 20x40 out to 1650 @ sea level with it.

In other words long distance is not my concern. (oh but if the navy would let me have one of their mk15's!)

But close distance is

I've spent time in this same place and saw first hand the difference between 77gr 5.56 and 62gr 5.56

and I wished then as now for a 7.62 M4

now if this will fit on a SR-25 ...with a 11.5... now that will be my house gun

175gr 308 controlled pairs to the chest...at 15 ft

maybe delinked 7.62 AP

with a Eotech with a FTS x4

as long as the upper can fit on the army lower...basically what i do now with my LMT MRP in 5.56

this could be what the army needs to goto for a CQB gun IMO...let the girls in the PAC office keep the m-16

let the killers have this...the ammo is in the inventory and STANG .... hell of a lot cheaper than developing a new gun

and the buttstocks wont break off like the FN scar-L/H

Now that everything is here and together...pics up!

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

Quick run down on what was done. Generally a big fan of the SOPMOD but it just didnt work well for prone. Debated between the UBR and ACS and decided that the required shortened buffer spring and heavy buffer needed to run the UBR were not well proven enough to risk potental reliability issues.

Fatty ERGO Tactical Delux grip really improves trigger finger position. Only grip IMO that rivals it would be the Sierra SPR grip but the SPR grip is not ambi friendly in regards to the safety as well as being a dedicated right hand only fit.

AFG...ashamed to have put it on. Really wanted to hate it but the thing actualy works rather well and is much better than a VFG.

Stock LMT 2 stage trigger was notably better than a stock AR trigger but it was far from say a KAC or other high end 2 stage. Ended up replacing stock trigger with a Geissle SAA non adjustable 2 stage.

I bought a SF brake but the damn thing didnt fit. WTF the pics of the MOD rifle all had SF devices. Apparently the CM 16" barrel currently offered is a different profile. After reading a thread here regarding 308 AR brakes the #1 reccomended was the FCS30 so I figured I would try it.

Last but not least the USO SN-4 1.5-6X JNG MOA in Larue SPR 1.5 mount.

There are some other doo dads in there but no need to cover those.

I picked up 4 POF 25 round mags as well as some factory 147gr ammo and 500 virgin brass waiting to be filled with Varget and 175 smk's

Yeah its a heavy bastard, 14 lbs as it sits in the pics.

klrb92,

not sure exactly what your question is...if you are asking if its compatable with the SR-25 then the answer is yes. Its the same lower with a 308 MRP upper.

As for the upper the MRP is the reason for the weight. I had the MWS side by side with a KAC SR-25 enhanced whirly-mo-jig 20" rifle and they weighed almost the same to my tuned arm scales. The 20" KAC seemed slightly heavier in the muzzle which I would say is due to the longer length and the A2 stock. I would dare to say it was more of a balance perception than actual weight difference.

Weight issue aside its very well balanced with the weight ridding just fwd of the mag well.

You can in therory swap the barrel for a longer or shorter one at a later time once LMT catches up with production. Last call they said late summer for the 5R barrels so I would guess about then some other barrels may be offered as well.

I'm gonna remove the barrel and get some pics up. LMK if there was a specific question not covered.