• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Re: LMT .308 MWS

Anyone know where to find a good deal on one right now? Most of the places I see with a good price show out of stock right now.

Thanks

beenjammin...do you have a place in Auburn to shoot LR with that MWS?

If that was my rifle, I'm not sure the highlights of my first range trip with it would be a muzzle device or a scope mount...j/k.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">beenjammin...do you have a place in Auburn to shoot LR with that MWS?

If that was my rifle, I'm not sure the highlights of my first range trip with it would be a muzzle device or a scope mount...j/k.
</div></div>

I hear ya on that, but with all the hype on the battlecomp on the net, I figure I would just give my opinion on it for those wondering.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3154872#Post3154872

Just posted her for sale. Kinda sad to see her go, but I'm switching calibers to something the MWS doesn't offer
smile.gif

Just bought a Scope from CS Tactical for my LMT 308. Cant wait to get it and really try out this amazing weapon. After many hours of research and losing sleep over this decision I decided to get the NightForce F1 with MLR2.0. It should be here in 4-5 days. I also bought a Steel target from CMP. This is a great week.

For all you guys looking for a Scope give Mike over at CS Tactical a Call. He spent hours talking to me about every option and really went out of his way to help me out. Thanks Mike you guys are top notch.

Congrats brother....your a lucky bastard
grin.gif

A F1, and a CMP steel setup in one week is about as good as it would get in my world.

Lockdown....sorry to see you selling your MWS, seems like you have it priced well so I would expect for you to sell that pretty quickly. Good luck with the sale:)

My MWS just arrived at my dealer! What process should I use to break in my 16" CL barrel? I want to keep this thing as accurate as possible.

If you dont shoot it soon and shoot it often the barrel will develop "shooter error" and will never be accurate.

Anyone fired mil surplus ammo out of the MWS? How does it cycle? Accuracy? This may be a dumb question, but would firing mil surplus ammo affect the accuracy of match ammo fired afterwards?

"The British wanted their rifle to fire standard Radway Green 7.62x51 mm NATO L2A2 ball ammunition and maintain consistent hits on a man-size target at 800 meters."

The L129A1 was awarded the contract because it fulfilled this British MoD requirement extremely well.

So yes the MWS fires mil surplus perfectly fine, reliable, and accurately.

It certainly won't hurt your rifle's barrel to shoot mil surplus and then run normal match type ammo.

I love this rifle.

16" CL, this rifle hates anything less than 168's. I was looking for a plinking/3gun load and the cheapest least labor intensive that I can find for the Dillon is W748 under Nos CC 168's.

LC, Rem 9 1/2, 44.0w748, 2.815oal
41F, 2450'asl, 2514fps, w 15-20@8oclock

168nosler_877_300yds.jpg

Nice shooting tex:)

The 168gr. Amaxs do surprisingly well all the way out to 1k thus far in my 16" CL.

My shooting pal who reloads is brewing up ammo for my rifle now, and I'm stoked!

Were about to go today and start out at 1k with some 178gr. Amax he has loaded up for me. We're working our way towards 1200-1300yds with my MWS, and 1500yds with his Rem700/krieger 26" bolt.

Finally have this set up to where I want it.

DSC_6350.jpg

Geissele SD-E is the perfect trigger for the MWS.

I really thought the HK pistol grip looked odd until I tried one, it's a keeper.

BABC Battlecomp works as advertised.

Slash XH buffer and UBR combo is perfection.

Leupold Mark 8 H27d is the shit.

How hard is it to swap out the trigger in an LMT MWSE?

What triggers come highly recommended?

I am trying to figure out what change I need to make to get to the next level of improved results.

I shoot my TRG better than I shoot my LMT. I know that the TRG fit is better for my specific body, but I know i like the trigger on the TRG better too.

What recommendations?

Jim G

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JimGnitecki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How hard is it to swap out the trigger in an LMT MWSE?
<span style="color: #FF0000">Not hard at all. I had to remove the safety to get the old hammer out. The tail was a bit long. </span>

What triggers come highly recommended?
<span style="color: #FF0000">I had the Geissele Super 3gun in mine for about 1k rounds. It was sweet but way too light. Too easy to bump fire if I got lazy with the follow through. I'm using and Geissele SDE now and I like it. It's not as light as the 3gun but I haven't bumped it in about 300rnds.</span>

Jim G </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilshire1412</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally have this set up to where I want it.

DSC_6350.jpg

Geissele SD-E is the perfect trigger for the MWS.

I really thought the HK pistol grip looked odd until I tried one, it's a keeper.

BABC Battlecomp works as advertised.

Slash XH buffer and UBR combo is perfection.

Leupold Mark 8 H27d is the shit. </div></div>

Amazing setup there, that optic is really catching on, just wish it was a little cheaper!

You like the grip angle shooting prone? I always feel like I am not using my grip correctly when shooting "precision" with my ARs. Not that they are bad, just something feels goofy. I haven't really tried the HK grip, just at a gun store and it felt very different. But I have not got down on the ground and shot the HK style, wonder how it feels, hmmmmm.

Wilshire, Thats a great setup Im jealous.

Ive been eyeing that Leupold 1-8 for awhile but its just to pricey for me, at least for now. So I went with the NightForce F1. How is that scope working out for you? How's the Glass, Tracking etc??

Does that Battle Comp add any extra noise compared to the A2 birdcage? Whats your overall opinion on it? Recoil reduction, Muzzle flip etc... Ive been thinking about getting one but dont want to make the gun any louder. I know they advertise that it doesnt add any noise but just what to get someone else's opinion on it.

That is indeed a very nice MWS, but I have to ask...why the KNS pins with the SD-E trigger?

Your SD-E trigger was designed to be used with the pins that come with it, not to mention that are exponentially better than the KNS ones.

DSC03701-1.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CcL_xuKccok&feature=youtube_gdata"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CcL_xuKccok&feature=youtube_gdata" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Can someone post pictures or a duel ejector bolt and a non duel ejector bolt?

new to the site and just picked up a brand new lmt mws. wanted to know what exactly i have here.

thanks!

This,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check and see if you have the "new" dual ejector bolt. The two ejectors put tremendous side pressure on the brass and make it extremely difficult to hand eject.

I had this same discussion with Gene at LMT and he said "its normal". Did your brass get its side dented all to hell when you fired it? The dual ejector bolt destroys the brass upon ejection.

Also check your ejection port front and back. Is it getting dinged up?

bolt%20002a.jpg
</div></div>

came from this thread,

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">LMT MWS </span> <-- Link

That is a pic of a dual ejector bolt.

redirt78 is like the all seeing eye on the Hide...he's better then the search engine on here:)

eventually your gonna cost me some coin with those much appreciated heads up pms on the EE items
wink.gif

just to throw it in the mix, here is my BCG that has the dual ejector bolt

DSC02551-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigB308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilshire, Thats a great setup Im jealous.

Ive been eyeing that Leupold 1-8 for awhile but its just to pricey for me, at least for now. So I went with the NightForce F1. How is that scope working out for you? How's the Glass, Tracking etc??

Does that Battle Comp add any extra noise compared to the A2 birdcage? Whats your overall opinion on it? Recoil reduction, Muzzle flip etc... Ive been thinking about getting one but dont want to make the gun any louder. I know they advertise that it doesnt add any noise but just what to get someone else's opinion on it. </div></div>

Thanks for the compliments!

So far the scope is great, I don't really have anything to complain about regarding the optic. It was bloody expensive, but not disappointing with the daylight visible illum on this model. I have not owned anything with a Horus reticle until now, I thought it might be too busy but on the contrary it is easy to work with. Knobs are very easy to work with and have a good tactile feel, not mushy or loose in any way. Field of view is good across the power range and glass is clear and bright, eye relief is great.

The 16" barrel contributes to the sound level more than the brake IMO, it is possibly just slightly noisier than with the birdcage. I know it gets attention from others at the range when it is fired due to the report, but it is not as bad as any of the big magnums. I have a .308 20" bolt rifle with a Surefire brake that seems louder to me than the MWS with the BABC.

My lower receiver has oversized FCG pin holes, thus the oversized KNS pins.
They did make a noteable difference in consistency on the Geissele trigger. With the standard pins I was getting inconsistant trigger brake with some creep, KNS oversize pins fixed the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check and see if you have the "new" dual ejector bolt. The two ejectors put tremendous side pressure on the brass and make it extremely difficult to hand eject.

I had this same discussion with Gene at LMT and he said "its normal". Did your brass get its side dented all to hell when you fired it? The dual ejector bolt destroys the brass upon ejection.

bolt%20002a.jpg
</div></div>

came from this thread,

That is a pic of a dual ejector bolt. </div></div>

Thanks for posting this. i have seen it before, but it always confuses me since it seems as the poster of the picture is holding an extra part to the bolt.\

so what makes a duel ejector a duel ejector is the 2 circles coming from the bolt face?

thanks for taking the time to help a noob out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The End</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
so what makes a duel ejector a duel ejector is the 2 circles coming from the bolt face?

thanks for taking the time to help a noob out. </div></div>

As far as I know, yes. But, this is this first one I have seen. I just Googled "dual ejector" when I saw your post and that Hide link was the first thing that popped up. No problem on the noob deal, welcome to the hide.

There is a good custom Sniper'sHide Google search engine on the right side of your screen under the Shout Box. Enter key words like "dual ejector" and sometimes you find just what you need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">redirt78 is like the all seeing eye on the Hide...he's better then the search engine on here:)

eventually your gonna cost me some coin with those much appreciated heads up pms on the EE items
wink.gif

</div></div>

Haha, sorry man I hear ya. I like the LMT's but don't have one and I figure If I can't get in on those deals somebody cool might as well. Hell, if you get them then I get see to videos of how they are supposed to be used anyhow. Got some more steel ordered. Fixing to start ringing it on the local powerline, getting tired of just watching you do it.

I have a dual ejector bolt.

I'm also using an 8.5oz buffer and the brass is in great shape after firing. I do see and occasional dent on the case but not bad at all.

You will notice a lack of any bevel on the extractor. That has since been replaced by LMT.

face.jpg

I too, am running the Slash's heavy buffer on my MWS, together with a rifle tube and A2 stock. It was still denting my brass until I put a piece of sticky-back velcro on the deflector lump. Almost no dents now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RG in Idaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a dual ejector bolt.

I'm also using an 8.5oz buffer and the brass is in great shape after firing. I do see and occasional dent on the case but not bad at all.

You will notice a lack of any bevel on the extractor. That has since been replaced by LMT.

face.jpg
</div></div>

sweet, so this is what it looks like then. if so, this is what i have. cant wait to shoot this thing.

thanks again everyone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im guessing LMT will upgrade the carrier and not the bolt itself. I have the new carrier, but the single large ejector. I am using slash's heavy buffer in my UBR and my brass comes out clean. </div></div>

can you post pics of your new carrier and bolt?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The End</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im guessing LMT will upgrade the carrier and not the bolt itself. I have the new carrier, but the single large ejector. I am using slash's heavy buffer in my UBR and my brass comes out clean. </div></div>

can you post pics of your new carrier and bolt? </div></div>

sure. Ill post some this evening.

This is my BCG, brass initially had some dings on the throat, but after a bit those went away (like ~10 rounds). The base has obvious signs of ejector grab (claw side).

IMG_20120305_182937.jpg

IMG_20120305_181828.jpg

IMG_20120305_181902.jpg

I think after 100 rounds the claw quit making marks? I am not seeing them anymore really.

Hope this helps, in your quest of knowledge, also I am using the stock buffer which is an H3.

your new glass looks sweet, that should make for an awesome shooting MWS.

I like the UBR/slashes heavy buffer setup.

Thanks for the pics. I can definitely tell a difference between this brass and what mine looks like from the single ejector.

BTW. I put an HDMR in an ADM recon-sl tonight and the clearance is insane, but it does indeed clear. I think it is an optimal setup for the MWS. Ill get some pics up tomorrow evening of it an the single ejector. Its been a busy week.

The extra extractor is the bad one. The one installed is the good one. LMT did not machine the extractor correctly and they sent me a replacement. Notice the angle cut on the face of the extractor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The End</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This,

bolt%20002a.jpg
</div></div>

came from this thread,

That is a pic of a dual ejector bolt. </div></div>

Thanks for posting this. i have seen it before, but it always confuses me since it seems as the poster of the picture is holding an extra part to the bolt.\

thanks for taking the time to help a noob out. </div></div>

That extractor is not machined properly. I would send that pic to LMT for a verification. It needs to have the angle cut to slide over the case base. If you look at my picture you can see a good cut compared to a bad one. Yours has none at all which tells me it skipped a machining step.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The End</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RG in Idaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a dual ejector bolt.

face.jpg
</div></div>

sweet, so this is what it looks like then. if so, this is what i have. cant wait to shoot this thing.

thanks again everyone. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That extractor is not machined properly. I would send that pic to LMT for a verification. It needs to have the angle cut to slide over the case base. If you look at my picture you can see a good cut compared to a bad one. Yours has none at all which tells me it skipped a machining step.
</div></div>

That is the before pic that I sent to LMT. It has since been replaced.

Did you hang on to your MWS or let it go?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigB308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was throwing around the idea of changing stocks. What stocks do you guys like for this gun? What you guys using? </div></div>

Magpul UBR with Slash's XH buffer, solid setup.

The UBR is a bit heavy but it will help balance out the already front heavy MWS.

I was doing some tax prep, found the receipt for my rifle, was $2341.16 out the door. I remember I drove home like I stole it. You can spend more...

How do you balance out 16+ lbs. I wouldnt want the extra weight the ubr would bring. Ugh!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wilshire1412</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigB308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was throwing around the idea of changing stocks. What stocks do you guys like for this gun? What you guys using? </div></div>

Magpul UBR with Slash's XH buffer, solid setup.

The UBR is a bit heavy but it will help balance out the already front heavy MWS.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigB308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the UBR and the PRS.

Why do you switch out the buffer? </div></div>

The proprietary receiver extension tube on the UBR requires the change in buffer to run correctly.