• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Was in Colorado visiting family for Christmas and took the MWS out with dad for a shoot. Set up an IPSC 66% target at 507y. Dialed in the 2.5-10 NF and . . . ping, ping, ping. After the first 10 rounds it became boring and we started trying for head shots! Props to Dallas Reloads for awesome ammo. Man I love this thing.

What's some of your load data for the 18" and 178's?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 18" ss is the only barrel that likes them. But it really likes them.
178 amax seated 2.82 oal in a lapua case.
42.8 grains of varget and br2 primers.

The 18" ss is the only barrel that likes them. But it really likes them.
178 amax seated 2.82 oal in a lapua case.
42.8 grains of varget and br2 primers.

Do you single old these? I can't get anything longer than 2.810" into my mags.

Dumb question.

Anyone have a KAC trigger guard on their mws?

I have one here that I thought I'd put on but it doesn't fit....or maybe I'm mentally incapable.

Pretty sure I've seen them on these rifles....?

I have one on mine. Pic on last page. No issues with mine, went right in.

I'll have to look at it again.

It was catching for whatever reason and I didn't want to force it to much.

The newest trigger guards don't fit the MWS for some reason. I tried it on 3 MWS lowers and had the same issue.

Dumb question.

Anyone have a KAC trigger guard on their mws?

I have one here that I thought I'd put on but it doesn't fit....or maybe I'm mentally incapable.

Pretty sure I've seen them on these rifles....?

The newest trigger guards don't fit the MWS for some reason. I tried it on 3 MWS lowers and had the same issue.

Thanks. From a little searching they are a hair longer. Odd they wont work with the MWS.
tg-top.png

Guess if someone has an older style I'd trade for my new one.

I am aware of that, we just took a bit of material off the guard with an end mill and it fits perfect

Thanks. From a little searching they are a hair longer. Odd they wont work with the MWS.
tg-top.png

Guess if someone has an older style I'd trade for my new one.

Finally all set up -

LMT MWS with 16" Chrome Lined Barrel - Magpul FDE Cerakote
Nightforce 2.5-10x24 in LaRue Mount with 3G Switchview
Surefire MB762
Geiselle SD-E Trigger
Atlas Bipod

4802355d-4d30-40d0-ad19-cbac8631c7ee_zps309eff65.jpg

Nice looking gun. How long did it take you? I think I am finished after 3 years. Still struggle with whether to try a PRS stock. The sopmod just didn't work for me.

Finally all set up -

LMT MWS with 16" Chrome Lined Barrel - Magpul FDE Cerakote
Nightforce 2.5-10x24 in LaRue Mount with 3G Switchview
Surefire MB762
Geiselle SD-E Trigger
Atlas Bipod

4802355d-4d30-40d0-ad19-cbac8631c7ee_zps309eff65.jpg

Awesome setup....close to perfection in my book, but i'm biased as I like to run a BAD-CASS, SD-E, Atlas, NXSc 2.5-10x24, and SOPMOD on my MWS 16" CL as well ;)

Reactions: long range sponge
Nice looking gun. How long did it take you? I think I am finished after 3 years. Still struggle with whether to try a PRS stock. The sopmod just didn't work for me.

It's been about 6 months. I'm still undecided on switching it over to a fixed stock. If you go with a PRS be sure to post your impressions.

I tried the CTR with riser. It was just to high without me changing the mount. The comfort was fine though. Right now I am running a CTR, larue pod, magpul riser, and enhanced butt plate. The riser forces me to keep the stock in one of the last two positions this isn't a problem and the cheek weld is perfect for me. This does present another issue with the sling. I need to add a sling mount to the base of the buffer tube. I found this out the hard way at a match using a swivel at the end of Buttstock just didn't work for me sling kept getting in between the stock and my shoulder. Otherwise gun has been excellent with fgmm and hornady match ammo out to 600 yards.

Awesome setup....close to perfection in my book, but i'm biased as I like to run a BAD-CASS, SD-E, Atlas, NXSc 2.5-10x24, and SOPMOD on my MWS 16" CL as well ;)

I see these and than I think about my 5-25X, PRS wearing LMT and I can almost feel the weight of my rifle.

I have an LMT CQB that is the mini me of the MWS save for the scope. Its a joke the difference in weight. If the MWS ever becomes something that has to move by legs the PRS will be gone, the S&B will be gone and Ill be glad I bought a QD mount for the little gun to share its scope with its big brother.

Mine broke yesterday.

While trying some ammo for the .260 Rem barrel, the buffer retention pin slipped out of its home and locked up the BCG. I had to take off the buffer tube get it all sorted out.

Anyone else had that happen?

btw: there are less than 100 rounds out of the .260 barrel, and about 500 or so from the gun itself (it started as a 16" .308 CL).

Have you ever taken your buffer tube off the gun?

Mine broke yesterday.

While trying some ammo for the .260 Rem barrel, the buffer retention pin slipped out of its home and locked up the BCG. I had to take off the buffer tube get it all sorted out.

Anyone else had that happen?

btw: there are less than 100 rounds out of the .260 barrel, and about 500 or so from the gun itself (it started as a 16" .308 CL).

Badass as usual Trident.
As I've said before, you have some of the nicest setups of anyone around.

For those that have changed to the PRS:

Did you use the AR-10 model? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to know for sure.

What buffer and spring do you use?

For those that have changed to the PRS:

Did you use the AR-10 model? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to know for sure.

What buffer and spring do you use?

Yes ar10 for charging handle clearance. It's just a slightly shorter cheek riser.
I used heavybuffers.com's spring and their heaviest buffer. Smooths things out quite a bit.
The prs is nice for proned out shooting, but I eventually went back to a ubr stock, 18" ss barrel and a vortex 2.5x32 ffp.
For a better cheek weld with regular stocks, I run a gg&g m14 mount for the scope rather than something in an ar height.
Makes a nice difference in consistency.
Same effect as the prs, without losing lop adjustability and adding weight. Kind of keeps the rifle more firmly in the designated marksman category.

Thanks. The barrel is the 20" cl and the pelican is a 1720. It came very close to the edges, but it's in there!

Yes ar10 for charging handle clearance. It's just a slightly shorter cheek riser.
I used heavybuffers.com's spring and their heaviest buffer. Smooths things out quite a bit.
The prs is nice for proned out shooting, but I eventually went back to a ubr stock, 18" ss barrel and a vortex 2.5x32 ffp.
For a better cheek weld with regular stocks, I run a gg&g m14 mount for the scope rather than something in an ar height.
Makes a nice difference in consistency.
Same effect as the prs, without losing lop adjustability and adding weight. Kind of keeps the rifle more firmly in the designated marksman category.

Thanks so much for the info.

I'm going to be using mine as more of a proned-out longer range gun. I've got the .260 Remington barrel, and it's plenty accurate enough. I just would like a stock with more adjustability, and the PRS, being 'fixed' helps out with that a lot. Being heavier helps out a lot. I don't plan on

The heavy buffers thing intrigues me. I don't think I can get away with the heavier weight because I can't even get it to run with the current buffer (carbine sized H3). Will a rifle length spring have a different effect depending on how much it is compressed from the get-go.

What size of objective bell on your scope do you use?

I think I've got mine dialed in....... For the most part, that is. I'm going to fine tune the load just a bit tomorrow.

.577" - .264" = .313" 5-shot at 100yards.

2F2C2448-64D4-46B6-9F0D-D0759A70AE67_zpsb0ocigse.jpg

To play fair broker, I cherry picked this group out of about 6 or 7 from today. I think the stars lined up today....

Do you single old these? I can't get anything longer than 2.810" into my mags.

2.822 is the longest I can get in my pmags. They are slightly notched from using several thousand rounds of 155 grain scenars. Sharp tips on those !

What size of objective bell on your scope do you use?

32mm currently.
I had a 50mm on there as well with the gg&g mount. Gives about 2-3mm clearance off the rail.
There's no room for folding irons with that mount either.
The vastly improved cheek weld with most stocks is worth it though.

2.822 is the longest I can get in my pmags. They are slightly notched from using several thousand rounds of 155 grain scenars. Sharp tips on those !

32mm currently.
I had a 50mm on there as well with the gg&g mount. Gives about 2-3mm clearance off the rail.
There's no room for folding irons with that mount either.
The vastly improved cheek weld with most stocks is worth it though.

I'd really like to see pics of your optic/mount combo.... Maybe I missed it on one of the other pages.

Is the 20" SS worth the price tag? Granted I do know it depends on the ranges that you'd be shooting at but for those who have a SS barrel on their MWS; is the accuracy improved dramatically? I'm on the fence about getting one. Although I should probably be putting it toward better glass. Thanks guys!

(I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this has been covered extensively)

Is the 20" SS worth the price tag? Granted I do know it depends on the ranges that you'd be shooting at but for those who have a SS barrel on their MWS; is the accuracy improved dramatically? I'm on the fence about getting one. Although I should probably be putting it toward better glass. Thanks guys!

(I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this has been covered extensively)

Yes, my 20" ss is a 1/2 moa barrel.
My 16" cl is a 1 moa barrel.
Those are averages derived from many 5 round groups, at distances from 100 to 700 yards.

Just Joined the site and just ordered a LMT MWS .308. Im really excited to try this weapon out. I read alot of great things and seems to be a great gun for the money. Im now trying to find me a NF 2.5-10-24 then I will be set. LOL I ended up buying mine from Dave at blueheelerarms, has anyone bought from him? Seemed like a top notch guy. Got the 16" and SS 18" barrels. (New).

Im also wondering what optic to put on it. I know I mentioned the NF 2.5-10-24? I want something that can be used 50 yards to 600-800 yards? Anyone have any thoughts? I have a Specterdr 1X4 on my Noveske and LOVE it. Just wondering if anyone has one or used one on the LMT

anderson22,

I put the LMT trigger in a lower that I shot the crap out of with a .22LR upper. My experience is that it smoothed out and became a nice trigger. That said, I really like the SSA-E that I swapped it out for. Just my .02 worth. Most guys on here have a favorite trigger and that is what they run with, ymmv.

Stay on target,
Geld6

Also how are the 2 stage triggers on these. I'm thinking on getting a aftermarket trigger? Any suggestions? Thanks

Mine has a Geissle SD-E in it now, but I run the LMT 2 stage triggers in 3 other AR's. The Geissle is world class, but the LMT 2 stages are really nice (and don't cost you an extra $200).
All of my LMT triggers break between 3.5 and 4#.

Also how are the 2 stage triggers on these. I'm thinking on getting a aftermarket trigger? Any suggestions? Thanks

I did replace the trigger in the MWS with a Giessele but I put the MWS trigger into a 5.56 LMT CQB and I m very happy with it there.

Nice shooting Scoby. Now make a billion more rounds for her to shoot.

It's my bday today and got some funds. So what trigger would you get for the MWS?