• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Has anyone chopped down a 20” 308? How much can come off before having to open the port to run m80 unsuppressed? Going down to ~16.2at the shortest so it’ll still fit in the 15.5” upper.

I want to tinker with creating a soft shooting setup for heavy division in Carbine/2/3 gun matches.

BTW - for yall Canuck monolithic fans.. are these available to civvies up north?

No - those types of firearms were banned recently.

But even before the ban, Diemaco/Colt Canada had a strict policy of not selling to civi's. I think it may have even been part of their contract with the government or something to that effect.

• Sad
Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

$2,897 for a lmt Mars h mlok rifle from rooftop defense after using the code "pewpew" for the discount. He is a very honest dealer with great prices. Still has 24 of them in stock, too!

Anyone have recommendations on mnfg of 10 an 20rd metal mags that work well in LMT MWS lowers? I read KAC make ones that work great but they seem to be unobtanium as they are never in stock. PMags seem a bit tight in my LMT MWS lower. They run ok and all but I have always preferred the metal mags.
Just looking for info on new metal magazine manufactures that others may have found work well if such an item exits. To be clear this is not a WTB post.
Thank you.

Anyone have recommendations on mnfg of 10 an 20rd metal mags that work well in LMT MWS lowers? I read KAC make ones that work great but they seem to be unobtanium as they are never in stock. PMags seem a bit tight in my LMT MWS lower. They run ok and all but I have always preferred the metal mags.
Just looking for info on new metal magazine manufactures that others may have found work well if such an item exits. To be clear this is not a WTB post.
Thank you.
I prefer KAC mags and won’t waste my time on other Metal magazines but Magpul PMAG 20 & 10 LR/SR Gen 3’s work great and are a cost effective alternative.

I currently am trying to iron out the feeding issues with DH mags. The followers keep tilting rearward and sticking so the bolt grabs the cartridge about half way up and gouges/mangles the brass. I may try going to a tubbs spring ($14) which have supposedly 10% more spring power and maybe nab some kac followers($9) from operation parts. If I can find a winning combo there, it would still be cheaper I than buying a KAC mag. Otherwise I run the PMags and they generally work fine. I’ve read that some have issues with pmags and running suppressed but I live behind enemy lines so I can’t speak from experience.

Can someone tell me the OD of the 20" barrels (308 & 6.5cm) in front of the gas block journal?

I assume it's pretty close to .740, but if someone could confirm within a few thou, I'd appreciate it

Can someone tell me the OD of the 20" barrels (308 & 6.5cm) in front of the gas block journal?

I assume it's pretty close to .740, but if someone could confirm within a few thou, I'd appreciate it
The OD is 0.815 on my stainless steel 20" and 24" .308 and 6.5 CM barrels.

$2,317 with code "pewpew"

19 still in stock! Add your own stock and trigger of choice and you are in business. This is about where I remember LMT MWS defenders were pre-covid. As crazy as things are looking already for 2024, I would say to buy now for anyone who can afford it and is on the fence.

Last edited:
Reactions: ELCO82
Gunsmith recommendations for spinning a Bartlein into LMT MRP-H MLOK 15.3 upper?

I've reached out to Craddock about spinning up a Bartlein w/400ModBB steel into MRP-H 15.3 in 6.5C. Was hoping to get the
thickest contour in at about 24". Craddock's reply was they are considering the project but not at current moment.

Any recommends would be greatly appreciated.

Gunsmith recommendations for spinning a Bartlein into LMT MRP-H MLOK 15.3 upper?

I've reached out to Craddock about spinning up a Bartlein w/400ModBB steel into MRP-H 15.3 in 6.5C. Was hoping to get the
thickest contour in at about 24". Craddock's reply was they are considering the project but not at current moment.

Any recommends would be greatly appreciated.

D.Wilson Manufacturing

You provide the barrel and they convert it for the MWS platform.

https://www.dwilsonmfg.com/LMT-MWS-Barrel-Conversion_p_38.html

1693045365294.png

Last edited:
D.Wilson Machining

You provide the barrel and they convert it for the MWS platform.

https://www.dwilsonmfg.com/LMT-MWS-Barrel-Conversion_p_38.html

View attachment 8212998
Thanks for the info. I believe Dave just does the conversions only. The barrel contour is chosen/ordered/spun by a smith, which Craddock is currently working on and TBD. Per Dave, he does not do this. However, if I were to send him a off the shelf proof it would be easy for Dave.

I'm familiar with Proof, just want to give Bartlein a chance out of this gasser.

heavy, but I dont ever plan on doing wind sprints with it 😂

have since replaced the Radian Talon safetys for Forward Control Designs Q lever ambi safety (on all my platforms)

in the near future I will add a Surefire to replace the Streamlight setup, sometimes tempted to go to a Magpul UBR, I enjoyed the one I had on my custom SLR ar10

I do want a 13.5" lightweight barrel with p/w surefire 3 prong to play around with and maybeeeee a Trijicon VCOG 1-8x to get a little more out of the rifle
8C0B8068-5B7E-4EA8-82E2-0B7EF453F383.jpeg
EEC18DD8-F2C0-4905-B26D-0988686A9D1C.jpeg
2A1185F3-95AB-448E-84B8-8CE994F350B5.jpeg

1OykK7.png

To paint or not to paint... that is the question
I’ve been trying to find someone to paint my lower that could also do the white and red safe and fire fire control paint. LMT told me to contact Redacted Concepts, I tried but no response in months. I’d be interested to know if anyone knows of someone that can do a matching LMTFDE as well as the fire controls.

I’ve been trying to find someone to paint my lower that could also do the white and red safe and fire fire control paint. LMT told me to contact Redacted Concepts, I tried but no response in months. I’d be interested to know if anyone knows of someone that can do a matching LMTFDE as well as the fire controls.
I believe distributors of democracy does LMT stuff

Anyone know why my 6.5 mws would be popping primers on federal factory ammo. The mws is all factory parts

Anyone know why my 6.5 mws would be popping primers on federal factory ammo. The mws is all factory parts
Any pictures of the cases with the popped primers? How about the bolt face? Both without the firing pin and with the firing pin protruding.

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 91
So far it’s been runnin fine. It’s got a 50/50 brt gas tube on it and a rc2 762

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 63
Your primers don’t look flat. The double ejector Lmt bolts don’t seem to show swipes very easily in my experience. Your firing pin tip looks eroded or deformed though, which can cause pierced primers. Was it always that way? Have you chrono’d that ammo?

Reactions: Sm1990
Your primers don’t look flat. The double ejector Lmt bolts don’t seem to show swipes very easily in my experience. Your firing pin tip looks eroded or deformed though, which can cause pierced primers. Was it always that way? Have you chrono’d that ammo?
20 inch barrel 2750 with 130s.

Buy a new firing pin.

Hey did every issue of the LMT MWS have a firing pin spring?

Mine is circa 2012 and I don’t think it ever had one.

A rational retrofit?

Buy a new firing pin.

Hey did every issue of the LMT MWS have a firing pin spring?

Mine is circa 2012 and I don’t think it ever had one.

A rational retrofit?
It’s got a firing pin spring.I did a lil work on the firing pin and shot some today and it looked better. I’m gonna get a new pin

It’s got a firing pin spring.I did a lil work on the firing pin and shot some today and it looked better. I’m gonna get a new pin
Yeah for the price of a firing pin go new for some piece of mind.

My question about the FP spring wasn’t specific to your rifle so much as I am wondering if my rifle is supposed to have one.

I have pulled chambered rounds and do note a light FP mark on my primers but it’s definitely same with my Garand and M1A.

Those rifles though I think have more failsafes than the AR design on slam fires.

Yeah for the price of a firing pin go new for some piece of mind.

My question about the FP spring wasn’t specific to your rifle so much as I am wondering if my rifle is supposed to have one.

I have pulled chambered rounds and do note a light FP mark on my primers but it’s definitely same with my Garand and M1A.

Those rifles though I think have more failsafes than the AR design on slam fires.

No firing pin spring was shipped with my two MWS bolt carrier groups. I've never experienced a slam fire.

That said, LMT does sell one to prevent slam fires when using "match" primers. Seems to be something that they added in 2020 or 2021.
https://lmtdefense.com/product/308-firing-pin-spring/

Reactions: pmclaine
No firing pin spring was shipped with my two MWS bolt carrier groups. I've never experienced a slam fire.

That said, LMT does sell one to prevent slam fires when using "match" primers. Seems to be something that they added in 2020 or 2021.
https://lmtdefense.com/product/308-firing-pin-spring/

Thank you for the confirm.

Buying parts I saw that and wondered if I was supposed to have one. I guess it's not bad insurance or a fix that doesn't have a problem.

Anyone used the Mars-h battle rifle with the 16 inch pin and weld barrel? That one is near the top of my list right now.

I’m thinking he meant 13.5 p&w to 16”.

I’ve carried the 13.5 cl lw barrel hog hunting quite a bit. I’m a fan. It’s the most accurate chrome barrel I’ve had from Lmt and it’s very tame with a brt tube.
Makes sense. My 16" CL is also very precise. Almost sub MOA. I've been running an 18" SS for the last 6 years and is definitely sub MOA.

Reactions: Jsp556
That barrel would be awesome with a can and horrible without one.

I'd make sure to weld on a muzzle device I could hang something off of.

Any of you fellas have experience with the HUXWRX Flow 7.62 Ti or know if it would work well with our LMT 308's? I don't know much about suppressors, but a buddy of mine was telling me to look into it if I'm wanting to get something for my rifle.

I have literally three of those and for me they have been great. I use them on my LMT for 7.62 and 6.5 (and also on 5.56). I also asked them if I could put .300NM through them and they said yes. I have zeroed and always shoot these with the suppressors on and didn’t measure whether there was some POI shift but I have removed them and put them back on without troubles. I also haven’t attempted to measure the sound reduction and always wear ear pro anyway but it is really noticeable.

One man’s inexpert opinion…..

PS: Actually to be precise I have the earlier model before the Flow. I hope that doesn’t make this post entirely useless.

Any of you fellas have experience with the HUXWRX Flow 7.62 Ti or know if it would work well with our LMT 308's? I don't know much about suppressors, but a buddy of mine was telling me to look into it if I'm wanting to get something for my rifle.

I also have an older OSS Ti QD Can that I've used on my LMT LM8 in 308. Flawless use and good sound suppression on my ear. Not too heavy either!

I found an LMT MARS-H DMR .308 with 20 inch barrel for $3,300 shipped. This seems like a good deal or am I wrong? The only .30 cal suppressor I own is a DA Nomad-L which I have heard is one of the highest backpressure units around. Great on my bolt guns but I dont know how it would work out on this one.