• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

View attachment 8303293
Just snagged a 20” 308 SS for it. Going to see how it shoots this weekend.

Side note: fuck MLOK. Should have went with the SLK forend like on my MRP.

I switched over to all quad LMT's

after literally taking a chunk out of a DD mlok rail because a mlok accessory got stuck, and other issues with the rail shifts at the connection with the upper receiver etc

nothing against mlok, I would still rock high quality guns that happen to be mlok but after that, I was like 🤔, my hard earned money is going to LMT Monolithic quads

still debating on what scope to go with , currently using a 3.5x led acog, but I want the ability to stretch its legs and target identify better, any suggestions let me know, minimum 8-10x , I also dont mind if the the bottom end is 2.5-3.5

currently running a 16 SS 5r barrel, debating on a 18" rifle length, the other end of that spectrum would be a 13.5 p/w lw which I have wanted for a while..

thoughts gentlemen ?

89A693EC-A8FE-4A36-B6AD-5E541706A74B.jpeg
89757110-9CD3-41A3-8575-08A93576F4BB.jpeg

after literally taking a chunk out of a DD mlok rail because a mlok accessory got stuck, and other issues with the rail shifts at the connection with the upper receiver etc

nothing against mlok, I would still rock high quality guns that happen to be mlok but after that, I was like 🤔, my hard earned money is going to LMT Monolithic quads

still debating on what scope to go with , currently using a 3.5x led acog, but I want the ability to stretch its legs and target identify better, any suggestions let me know, minimum 8-10x , I also dont mind if the the bottom end is 2.5-3.5

currently running a 16 SS 5r barrel, debating on a 18" rifle length, the other end of that spectrum would be a 13.5 p/w lw which I have wanted for a while..

thoughts gentlemen ?

View attachment 8304878View attachment 8304879
I really like the SLK/SL8/WTF ever the current name for it is for the LMT. MLOK is a retarded choice for a switch barrel system unless it’s designed with MLOK clearance.

Anywho…

Mine has my 1-8 ATACR on it right now until I get my 3-15 NXS F1 back from a buddy (let him borrow it for hunting season). Although the 7-35 ATACR I popped on for ammo testing was also a good fit for the 20” setup lol.

Has anyone ever seen this? Wouldn't go into battery on last round at my range so I put it in the case and shot the AI I brought. Got home to figure it out thinking it was a lube issue. Nope. Gas key and gas tube somehow got buggered up. Buy a new gas tube and gas key?
IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5248.jpeg

IMG_5249.jpeg

Has anyone ever seen this? Wouldn't go into battery on last round at my range so I put it in the case and shot the AI I brought. Got home to figure it out thinking it was a lube issue. Nope. Gas key and gas tube somehow got buggered up. Buy a new gas tube and gas key?
View attachment 8304915
View attachment 8304916
View attachment 8304917
View attachment 8304918
Most likely the gas tube and gas key are misaligned.

Have you removed and reinstalled the barrel recently? It is possible that the barrel was not completely seated properly when it was retorqued.

I would separate the upper from the lower, remove the buffer and spring. Slide the BCG back and forth in the upper into battery and see where the hard contact is occurring. I would stake on a new gas key and replace the gas tube after correcting the hard contact issue.

Do any of y’all run an offset reddot on your MWS? Curious as to what you guys are using. Have a bushnel LRTSi , debating between an aimpoint and an rmr. Any others to consider? Love to see pics too. Thanks

Do any of y’all run an offset reddot on your MWS? Curious as to what you guys are using. Have a bushnel LRTSi , debating between an aimpoint and an rmr. Any others to consider? Love to see pics too. Thanks
I run a LaRue mount with an offset RMR (also a Bushnell LRTS) and no real complaints. You actually need to have a low cheek weld to use the RMR and for an offset mount it doesn't stick out far at all. I may switch to a Badger mount with a 12 o'clock RMR at some point. With the LRTS, you're going to want a 20moa mount, FYI. There's not enough elevation in the turret, and I ran out at 800 yards or so with a 0moa mount. This current LaRue mount is a 20moa mount I believe.

20240114_141053.jpg

20240114_141227.jpg

20240114_141357.jpg

I run a LaRue mount with an offset RMR (also a Bushnell LRTS) and no real complaints. You actually need to have a low cheek weld to use the RMR and for an offset mount it doesn't stick out far at all. I may switch to a Badger mount with a 12 o'clock RMR at some point. With the LRTS, you're going to want a 20moa mount, FYI. There's not enough elevation in the turret, and I ran out at 800 yards or so with a 0moa mount. This current LaRue mount is a 20moa mount I believe.

View attachment 8322944
View attachment 8322945
View attachment 8322946
Thanks for the info.
Looks like my set up. I do like the LRTSi. I ended up getting the 20 moa mount. I may need to do some thinking about which mount to get for the rmr.

thoughts gentlemen ?

View attachment 8304878View attachment 8304879
I like the 4-16 ATACR scopes for my MWS guns, although I do have one running an ACOG like yours. But my first choice is the 4-16 NF scopes. And offset BUIS but I am looking into a RDS offset. Good luck finishing up your Quadzilla !

PB

Anyone have any experience with LMT's 6.5 creed CIP chambered barrel? Accuracy as good as the SAMMI chamber?
Accuracy should be just as good. From a friend that knows: "As I understand it, CIP mandates that every barrel is proof tested at 125% pressure. CIP is 5.4mm shorter in the throat, so it may jam into lands if you try to do something retarded like single feed 147gr tipped ammo that’s loaded long. If you are shooting factory ammo or reloads that fits in the magazine and you don’t care that your barrel has had a hot shit test load through it, CIP barrels are GTG".

I bought one as a spare because I load 20 round mags and rock on with my 6.5 and I hear they are not as tuff as my 308 barrels. My MWS CIP barrel is super fuckin sexy, if I say so myself. And a great deal.

I look forward to hearing your guys results, I'm waiting until my current barrel is toast.

PB

What suppressors are you guys using on your MWS? I am trying to decide between Surefire and Huxwrx.
I run Sig QD 762 cans are gassed pretty good. I believe in cans that are a little more girth to manage gas. But they no longer make those Sig cans. But as been discussed before, I run BRT tubes to manage gas.

PB

Anyone have any experience with LMT's 6.5 creed CIP chambered barrel? Accuracy as good as the SAMMI chamber?

I have not shot my 6.5CM CIP SS barrel yet. I did get out today for the first time with the 16” 308 chrome lined CIP barrel that was on sale for $399. Tried a generic load with Varget and Hornady 178 BTHP.

First 5 shot group (scope not yet zeroed):

A6A6BD87-918C-4964-860F-C9A1F7CAD37C.jpeg

A couple three shot groups:

01BABD8F-10B0-468C-961B-5888572676C4.jpeg

FFD0851F-6FC5-4C5C-8971-B2963E69E7E1.jpeg

I was pretty happy with the accuracy out of a reasonably priced and durable chrome lined barrel.

Attachments

• 7A7767CA-0F97-4A81-8FEA-1427B693E3A5.jpeg
    7A7767CA-0F97-4A81-8FEA-1427B693E3A5.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 24
Anyone cut down a 20” cm to 16”? Got a CIP barrel on the way and thinking of chopping it.

This could have been shared before but I just stumbled across it…

I was looking for a little extra real estate on my general purpose MWS to mount a bipod. The magpul cantilever mlok mount works good to get a pic rail over the bottom qd mount while still letting me get the finger stop far enough out.

Attachments

• IMG_7253.jpeg
    IMG_7253.jpeg
    470.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 95
What mags are yall using in your MWS rifles? I have a 13.5 that will only reliably feed from pmags so far. Duramag ASC and Lancer 20 rounders all have bad failures to feed with pretty much every round. This was also true with a 16” barrel, supressed and unsupressed, and with and without the law folder. It is 100% with pmags. Thoughts?

What mags are yall using in your MWS rifles? I have a 13.5 that will only reliably feed from pmags so far. Duramag ASC and Lancer 20 rounders all have bad failures to feed with pretty much every round. This was also true with a 16” barrel, supressed and unsupressed, and with and without the law folder. It is 100% with pmags. Thoughts?
Kac and mags.

Lancers look cool but have always been junk. Never messed with dura mag

Reactions: jonthomps
+1 on KAC. PMAGS are good too.

KAC works without issue.

PMAGS are iffy with M118LR when new and you can see where the tips are scraping against the front interior.

Going to try LaRue if I can’t find more KAC.

View attachment 8338492
Took the kid out to 500yds (farthest the public line has) on a 12” plate.
20” 308 SS w/ 3-15x NXS F1 and ECCO modified AAC 762SDN6.
Pretty solid way to wrap up an 8th birthday.
Do you like that B5 precision stock? Also, does the medium version (cheek piece) slide back to allow you to charge an AR10 - or do you pretty much have to buy the short version for AR10?

Or could you live without it for the amount of weight it adds?

Do you like that B5 precision stock? Also, does the medium version (cheek piece) slide back to allow you to charge an AR10 - or do you pretty much have to buy the short version for AR10?

Or could you live without it for the amount of weight it adds?
I like it a lot. Wouldn’t have a scoped gasser without one now.

I think this was the medium (got it from a buddy a while back) but I cut the cheek piece down to the short size to avoid the charging handle. I’d just buy the short or contact B5 to see which size is good for the AR10.

I don’t notice the weight.

I run mostly KAC mags but the cheap KAC knock off "D&H" for $20 is the most similar to KAC mags. But I think its very odd only Pmags work. First two pics the D&H are on the right.

PB

It’s time that I evolve and finally get a suppressor. Reading through this thread I’m seeing people have good experiences with the Surefire Socom mini 308, Sandman K, and OSS cans. Decibel reduction is at the bottom of my priority list. I still have a 16” chrome lined barrel that gets shot a lot and function with the least mods to the rifle in that configuration, accuracy, flash suppression, first round pop, and overall length are my priorities. My main concerns are the least mods with the 16” mid gassed chrome lined barrels and accuracy.

Does anyone have any experience with all 3 or 2 out 3 of these cans that can share their experiences?

I can get the Sandman K for $687, Socom mini is going to cost $11-1200, and the OSS QD looks like it’ll run $1200+. Is the Socom worth twice the price? Is the OSS the best option? The price isn’t really a concern but if there isn’t much performance gain from the higher priced cans, I’d rather spend the difference on more ammo.

ETA: Socom mini

Last edited:
It’s time that I evolve and finally get a suppressor. Reading through this thread I’m seeing people have good experiences with the Surefire Socom 308, Sandman K, and OSS cans. Decibel reduction is at the bottom of my priority list. I still have a 16” chrome lined barrel that gets shot a lot and function with the least mods to the rifle in that configuration, accuracy, flash suppression, first round pop, and overall length are my priorities. My main concerns are the least mods with the 16” mid gassed chrome lined barrels and accuracy.

Does anyone have any experience with all 3 or 2 out 3 of these cans that can share their experiences?

I can get the Sandman K for $687, Socom is going to cost $11-1200, and the OSS QD looks like it’ll run $1200+. Is the Socom worth twice the price? Is the OSS the best option? The price isn’t really a concern but if there isn’t much performance gain from the higher priced cans, I’d rather spend the difference on more ammo.
Another one you should look at is the TBAC line of cans. Their RTZ is dead on and they have an SR mount that is your lock. A buddy shoots PRS with one of their cans and he takes it off and on throughout the match without a worry. They come in various sizes and are very light. Definitely worth a look if you aren’t concerned about spending a couple more bucks.

It’s time that I evolve and finally get a suppressor. Reading through this thread I’m seeing people have good experiences with the Surefire Socom mini 308, Sandman K, and OSS cans. Decibel reduction is at the bottom of my priority list. I still have a 16” chrome lined barrel that gets shot a lot and function with the least mods to the rifle in that configuration, accuracy, flash suppression, first round pop, and overall length are my priorities. My main concerns are the least mods with the 16” mid gassed chrome lined barrels and accuracy.

I can get the Sandman K for $687, Socom mini is going to cost $11-1200, and the OSS QD looks like it’ll run $1200+. Is the Socom worth twice the price? Is the OSS the best option? The price isn’t really a concern but if there isn’t much performance gain from the higher priced cans, I’d rather spend the difference on more ammo.

ETA: Socom mini
I have a sandman k that I really like but at this point it's a little dated compared to some of the newer stuff.

I would recommend getting a membership over at pew science, check out the members reviews, and maybe listen to a few podcast.

Personally the newer OSS looks interesting, right now I am thinking about a low pressure can that may offer a little more dB reduction thanks my current sandman k.

Reactions: Jsp556
I have a sandman k that I really like but at this point it's a little dated compared to some of the newer stuff.

I would recommend getting a membership over at pew science, check out the members reviews, and maybe listen to a few podcast.

Personally the newer OSS looks interesting, right now I am thinking about a low pressure can that may offer a little more dB reduction thanks my current sandman k.
Thanks for the shared experience. I’ve always seen your posts stating that the Sandman K worked well on your MWS.

A friend of mine that owns the LGS said he got a deal on this today and asked if i wanted it. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Not in my possession yet but it's as good as mine. Can anyone tell me if this is a newer or older production rifle ?

My current large frame is a PWS MK216 and it's been a rodeo getting it to be reliable and maintain accuracy with a SiCo Omega. I've finally arrived at a combination of parts that flat out works and I'll hang on to that gun until the LMT proves itself to me.

Are the LMT's as fussy with a can ?
I just hopped on here to read into the mws and it appears I've got a fair bit of reading to do in this thread. What's the current combination of parts to make one run happy suppressed ?
729473118.jpg
729475184.jpg