• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT .308 MWS

Re: LMT .308 MWS

no problem. can't go wrong with a 16" CL for 2299.99 with free shipping. and their shipping is really fast in 4days. i think i'll make my next firearm purchase from them again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you so much Elfster1234 i ordered mine from them today and got the last 16 inch CL they had the woman told me they had a 18 inch SS and a 20 inch.

They do Layaway also 30 % down 60 days . what a snag i was going tomorrow to a place in oklahoma that wanted 400 dollars more thank you again.
</div></div>

TRON you from Des Moines? I should be back in town when I go on leave and of course my toys will be coming with me. If you want to shoot let me know.

Woo hoo! I got the call from my dealer today and my MWS is ready to ship!

He ordered it on 3/24 and was quoted 12-14 weeks. It should be here next week and right at the 14 week mark.

Now I have to scope it. I think I'm gonna go with a SS 12x in an ADM mount
until I can save up the funds for my Nightforce.

I'll post some pics soon and a range report once I have it scoped and zeroed.

Mine is on its second trip back to lmt without firing a shot!!! Very disappointed with my rifle....

That is terrible. I wonder if you can request a new upper from them?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is on its second trip back to lmt without firing a shot!!! Very disappointed with my rifle.... </div></div>

This shit would make my head explode.

Good luck, tell us how well LMT makes right.

My only grip about my MWS is the weight. I'm thinking of having Marvin ball mill the barrel and removing the rail segments similar to a URX III. How much weight should I expect to save? Also what are your thoughts about weight saving? Is it worth it?

sorry to hear that tron..... i hope everything turns out OK. keep us updated brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is on its second trip back to lmt without firing a shot!!! Very disappointed with my rifle.... </div></div>

Just that rails were removed and a slimmer forend. I believe 5 to 6 ounces were shaved off.

Took LMT out today for the first time. It was pouring. I had 20 rounds. All thrown together handloads. All Varget with cc1 br2. I scoped the rifle and the first five shots with 175's were slightly under an inch. I would say it was totally me. This seemed to be a bad ass load, and I believe it will shoot them all touching. No fliers, no sighters just bullseyes. Lucky. Next load was half grain lower. it opened up slightly. My favorite was my go to hunting load for pigs, and deer. 165g sst with 44gr varget and cci, br2. Easily would have been sub moa. I pulled the fifth one. All others looked like powder burns. I got excited I guess. I was surprised it liked the 165's so well by watching the other posts. Mine is the mws chrome lined 16 incher. Gonna be even tighter with a can. This rifle really lives up to it's price. I have a custom that has a bartlien 24" that won't shoot a bit better. Hell, I didn't even clean or break in. Just started bangin in the rain.

Maybe this will bring some hope to buyers with rifles on order.

My 16" CL MWS in FDE was ordered back in March scheduled for delivery end of June. According to what LMT has told the shop it trest fires next week.

It looks like LMT will beat S&B for getting the goods to the dealer.

I talked to my guy that I bought my rifle from. He had several other rifles on order. LMT told him they were 52 weeks out, and the rifle that I have coming is the LM-8. It has been ordered a while was scheduled for delivery in August, but has been bumped to September. I still love the 308. I am wish it were lighter that's the only downfall. It's a shooter.

Need . Anyone got real info . for the ( 16" SS barrel ) & using 168 smk's for a good Vel. ?
just need a realistic Vel. mark to work around to get it tuned-in with the short length 16" .308 SS LMT barrel .

say cheese
IMG_0814.jpg

can came in today
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">say cheese
IMG_0814.jpg

can came in today
smile.gif
</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Awesymoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">say cheese
IMG_0814.jpg

can came in today
smile.gif
</div></div>

What mounting system you using on the can - straight thread on or QR?

QR shooting it this weekend, will have range report soon.
pretty solid, a bit of wiggle, called Gemtech was told the pressure when fired keeps the POI consistent.
will see soon.

I ordered my MWS with 18" stainless barrel March 24 and it arrived to my dealer on July 13th. I was originally quoted 12-14 weeks lead time. That wasn't too far off.

I left for a family vacation right after picking it up so I haven't made it to the range yet. I'm ordering a SS 12x for it and once it is in and I get to the range, I'll post some pics and a range report.

Has anyone out there milled the upper on a standard MWS to be more like an LM8?

Just found this forum. I run the LMT .308 MWS w/ ACOG on top. This is without a doubt in my mind the best AR platform I have ever had the privilege to squeeze. This is admittedly my first post but I can see I shall learn from this forum and hopefully bring some value myself to this crew.

Much respect,

loudog

Mine too was tight as a prom night date. Stripped first round after cleaning (before range trip and firing)and could not budge bolt carrier. Pulled two pins then tapped out the NATO 147 gr.. Tried Fed. Match 168 gr. and so tight the bullet separated from the case when tapped out from muzzle. Called LMT and spoke with, "Ray". said it is a normally very tight head-space and just, "shoot it". I did today at Ben Avery range here in Phoenix. Groups w/ German MEN surplus all touched at 100 yds. sight in using a 3 X ACOG. Locked up after 40 rds. and was running it wet with Miltech. Took it home to clean once again. Love the accuracy but wishing it was reamed perhaps .10000 deeper. Will have another date with her tomorrow and hoping she will loosen up. Rounds drop free on a cold chamber but not if bolt released, slammed home (when cold). can you say tight
smile.gif

loudog

loudog...congrats, and welcome to both the Hide and the MWS fraternity.

Hate to hear your having some issues with a brand new stick....I can say that arguably there isn't any rifle machined, and assembled to tighter tolerances then the MRP/MWS line of rifles. One of the things that really draws me to them, but on the very rare occasion....they take about 100rds or so to mate all the moving parts together.

Bottom line is that this rifle when it's as it should be is nothing short of dead nuts reliable, and if after next time out with it you still have issues.....demand LMT take a look at it. They have a very good way of blowing customers off the first time....and then overly pleasing them on the second time if they return. It's a smart policy to weed out the bullshit claims from the real ones, but not everyone knows how to play that little game and can get pissed off at LMT easily. Some people want to send back a rifle for the smallest of cosmetic issues.

ETA....Any native KIWI for damn sure should be able to purchase a MWS, after all their tax dollars have already bought a ton of them. I'm willing to bet heavily that those KIWI soldiers packing L129A1s are some bad mofo's with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trident1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ETA....Any native KIWI for damn sure should be able to purchase a MWS, after all their tax dollars have already bought a ton of them. I'm willing to bet heavily that those KIWI soldiers packing L129A1s are some bad mofo's with them. </div></div>

Your right in thinking that ;-),got some pretty good optics and decent surefire suppressors on them. Brit classifications not used here, just "DMR". Can't wait till the full rollout.

Thanks, I really like the scope (g2dmr reticle). Having a hard time getting to the range to get it zeroed in.

Man i can't wait i am counting down the days . i make a payment next week and the last week of the month next month and she will be flying home to me =). i spend so much time looking up parts i want for it . Scope,Mount,Brake,Stock,Bipod,Trigger its like i am getting my first Car. Those of you who haven't seen his videos check out Trident on Youtube shooting the LMT MWS and other great videos. I hope with a ton of training to be able to shoot near as good as him some day !

Thanks for the kind words brother, and I think all your hard work up front in terms of research, and kit selection should pay off big time once you get the rifle in your hands.

The more you have to wait for this rifle, the sweeter it is when you get it.

Get some FGMM 168gr. SMK for that 16" CL barrel if you have the chance....straight laser beam material.

Trident,

Got my MWS and while I am still waiting to scope it to get to the range, I must say this is an impressive weapon!

This is my first precision oriented AR style rifle and my first AR rifle with a 2 Stage trigger group and it is sweet. I've read here on those swapping the trigger spring with a JP spring and there are certainly many who replace the trigger group altogether.

I intend to shoot it with it's factory trigger for a while before looking to upgrade anything, but I am left wondering if there is much to gain?

The break on the factory trigger seems pretty good though it does have a slight amount of take-up prior to break. Is a Geissele that much of a marked improvement? I know you have run some in your LMT's and all I know are GI AR triggers, so can you educate me a little on what I could expect from an upgraded trigger and which you have found to be the best fit.

Thanks!

Congrats brother...great to hear that you received your MWS, and thus far are impressed. You put in lots of homework prior to that purchase I know, so you deserve to have a fantastic shooting rifle.

In regards to the trigger. The LMT trigger is more than serviceable in this rifle when used as a precision piece, and they are very consistent due to the fact LMT electronically tests and records the trigger pull on all 2stage triggers that go in MWS rifles.

Since it comes "free" with your rifle and you currently don't have issues with it I can certainly understand why your hesitant to buy a $200 replacement trigger. That said, I personally believe that either a SD-E, SD-C, SSA-E, hi speed, or even a SSA is worth it and a valuable and noticeable upgrade over a stock lmt 2stage trigger.

The reason I think that the SD-E merits the coin in this case is because of the fact that this rifle when it's almost bone stock with a powered optic can truly push the distance envelope for a 16" .308 AR, and by extension exhibit enormous levels of accuracy. The catch is that in order to tap into these extreme levels of accuracy or distance, a true precision trigger is needed, and the LMT is not that imho.

For example....600-700yds is no problem with the stock lmt trigger.....1000yds + and the Geissele trigger shines big time.

As you know through past conversations....this is the one rifle I believe should be left alone as much as possible, and anything changed should only be done so to yield significant performance gains. I believe the SD-E trigger does that.

ETA...beyond everything else, the narcotic feelings of breaking a SD-E trigger every shot or dry fire imho merits the coin for one:)

While the LMT seems to have a very good trigger for an AR, and possibly the best stock trigger I've felt, it is not a match trigger or tuned one. I just purchased a Geissele SSA for mine.

Thanks Trident and Shooter45.

It'll be a little while before I am working up to or past 600 yds and I'm sure the handicap will initially be me and not the hardware, but I may begin looking into a Geissele in the coming months. Perhaps I'll move the LMT into my 16" middy to replace it's GI trigger.

Trident, you mentioned several different Geissele models. What is the differences betweene the SSA, SSA-E, SD-C, and SD-E?

The -E (Enhanced versions) seem to have a 1# lighter pull weight than their non-E counterparts, and the SD has a flat bow while the SSA has a traditional curved trigger bow. Or is that all the difference? Can you explain Carrot-like break versus Candy Cane-like break, or is just a function of the weight of the trigger?

Lastly, why do you prefer the SD-E model over the others? What is it that makes it yield a significant improvement? Pull weight? Crispness of the break?

Thank you for humoring me with these questions, as I mentioned 2 Stage and Match triggers in an AR are new to me...

I don't mean to hijack a thread or anything, so if I need to start a new one, please someone let me know.

I was stuck on the same thing RD62 i think most people that i have seen went with the SSA-E. i personally don't like straight triggers i like the curve in them. but i am a new shooter but i have tried one a couple of times.

well finally took the rifle out, and shot with the can.

Held around 1 MOA, with shifts for the first 20 + rounds while the brand new can settled in. POI became consistent after a magazine or so. Shooting FGMM pushed out to 500M and according to my calculations, at 4.2 Mil its pushing right at 2550-2540 fps.

Hsd some issues with my own shooting, but the rifle preformed well. Overall very happy, just need to find some more ammo.

I have a JP trigger spring in mine, and it dropped the stock trigger to 3lbs (50% first stage and 50% second). If the LMT had an overtravel stop it would be as good as anything out there.

The JP trigger is the OEM in the DPMS Sass, and I think the Stock LMT with the trigger spring is significantly better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a JP trigger spring in mine, and it dropped the stock trigger to 3lbs (50% first stage and 50% second). If the LMT had an overtravel stop it would be as good as anything out there.

The JP trigger is the OEM in the DPMS Sass, and I think the Stock LMT with the trigger spring is significantly better. </div></div>
+1 trigger ends up being very crisp!

Thanks for the welcome. I put over 200 problem free rounds through this stick on Sunday. Was getting 2 inch groups at 200yds. using a Harris bipod, 147 gr. NATO ball and a 3 X ACOG, no rear bag. Very pleased with it. A special shout out to Ray from LMT for his thoughts and support on a few questions I had. This outfit is stand up in my book and they build a great platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a JP trigger spring in mine, and it dropped the stock trigger to 3lbs (50% first stage and 50% second). If the LMT had an overtravel stop it would be as good as anything out there.

The JP trigger is the OEM in the DPMS Sass, and I think the Stock LMT with the trigger spring is significantly better. </div></div>
+1 trigger ends up being very crisp! </div></div>

+2 for the JP trigger spring. It reduced my trigger pull by 2/3.

Anyone have any info on the availability of MWS 5r SS barrels from LMT lately? I finally decided I was going to get an 18" SS for my MWS and they are all gone now...upsetting.

I got a little peeksy but its going to take awhile for me to get it in hand.

LMT.jpg

This receiving delay is going to be like a man from upstate Maine waiting for his pretty first cousin to turn 12.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a little peeksy but its going to take awhile for me to get it in hand.

LMT.jpg

This receiving delay is going to be like a man from upstate Maine waiting for his pretty first cousin to turn 12.
</div></div>

Nice.

I like the FDE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RD62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Trident and Shooter45.

It'll be a little while before I am working up to or past 600 yds and I'm sure the handicap will initially be me and not the hardware, but I may begin looking into a Geissele in the coming months. Perhaps I'll move the LMT into my 16" middy to replace it's GI trigger.

Trident, you mentioned several different Geissele models. What is the differences betweene the SSA, SSA-E, SD-C, and SD-E?

<span style="color: #CC0000">The SSA and the SD-C are the same trigger by the numbers.....and the SSA-E and the SD-E are the same trigger by the numbers. By numbers I mean total pull weight, and then the individual staging weights. The SSA/SD-C is imho the finest GP/Duty/HD/PD trigger...whereas the SSA-E/SD-E trigger is the finest hard use precision trigger currently made. Now in regards to the Super Dynamic (SD) design vs. the traditional design....no questions asked, I'm a big Super Dynamic believer. Bottom line is that outta those four triggers....your gonna win 10/10 times regardless which individual model you get. Some would say your really starting to split hairs when deciding among those four triggers.</span>

The -E (Enhanced versions) seem to have a 1# lighter pull weight than their non-E counterparts, and the SD has a flat bow while the SSA has a traditional curved trigger bow. Or is that all the difference? Can you explain Carrot-like break versus Candy Cane-like break, or is just a function of the weight of the trigger?

<span style="color: #FF0000">The SD triggers feature a flat trigger bow that helps render a more consistent trigger feel regardless of finger placement. The flat trigger bow is also 0.141" forward of a standard AR-15 trigger resulting in an increased trigger reach for proper placement on the trigger finger. It also reduces the perceived weight of the trigger pull by a small amount.

RE...Candy cane vs. carrot breaking.....

close your eyes,

now imagine yourself taking a carrot with both hands and appling pressure til it broke in two pieces. It should break quite sharply, however it takes a good amt. of force in order to do so, and the actual break isn't extremely clean in nature.

now again close your eyes...take an candy cane with both hands, and apply pressure until it breaks into two pieces. It should break extremely clean, and very sharply...with only a moderate amt. of pressure in order to do so.

Lastly, you have the Geissele trigger that breaks like an Icicle...that is the adjustable Hi Speed trigger.

</span>

Lastly, why do you prefer the SD-E model over the others? What is it that makes it yield a significant improvement? Pull weight? Crispness of the break?

<span style="color: #FF0000">Pretty much explained that above.</span>
Thank you for humoring me with these questions, as I mentioned 2 Stage and Match triggers in an AR are new to me...

I don't mean to hijack a thread or anything, so if I need to start a new one, please someone let me know. </div></div>

I as well finally shot my MWS this Sunday. I put 200 rounds with no issues down range. I could only go out to 200 yards due to my range and I was not able to take pics or video due to the rain in southern GA.

I have no shoulder marks or soreness from this rifle. Other 308's I have shot left marks and bruises. To me the impulse is very light and is very easy to double tap the same target or switch to another one. Hitting steel targets out to 200 yards in the rain was stupid easy. The scope I had was very clear and crisp.

I have a stock MWS 16 inch CL with Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP in MOA using a Bobro mount, Harris bi-pod in La-Rue mount, and La-Rue padded two point sling. I love this rifle and the weight is not an issue as well as long as you stay fit,lol. That is the only thing I think most people hate about this rifle is the weight and wait times.

Been having great luck with my 260 barrel and 123gr Amaxs. Shoots great and hasn't jammed once in over 400 rounds so far of 260 and 100 of 308.

Went night shooting on friday and thought i'd share more pics.

_DSC5543.jpg

_DSC5520.jpg

_DSC5529.jpg

Reactions: aku