• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LMT MRP barrel conversion

Re: LMT MRP barrel conversion

Anybody taken delivery of one of these MRP conversions? Any feedback?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Anchor Zero Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1000828.jpg

Fixed it for ya</div></div>

What torque wrench is that?

The wrench is from REI, not sure on the brand. The customer that has it, loves it! I will try to get in touch with him and find out the brand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Abizdafuzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here it is....

Effetto Mariposa Giustaforza Torque Wrench </div></div>

Wow its a high dollar wrench(185). Maybe the next time rei has its 20% off sale I can get one. I would rather have just the wrench at 125 though.

We ran into a small delay, done with testing. Working on a solution to keep the cost down.

Does anybody know if you can get the LMT piston kit without the barrel or if the Adams Arms kit will work on the MRP? If so then I'd only need a couple few uppers with the ability to use any barrel I want.

Want to bump this one back to the top.

Have you done any 6.5 Grendel barrels yet?

Have a few Noveske barrels already converted ready to go.

I have to get one the Noveske barrels soon. What do I need to convert from a piston setup?

Our 10% Snipers hide discount applies to barrel conversions also.
Snipershide for coupon at check out.

Interesting development.

I'd be interested in a 16" SS 6.8x43 Noveske but as a gas piston conversion.

I don't think Karl Lewis is interested in selling some of his barrel hardware though. Damned shame, too...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBMG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are working on our own piston conversion </div></div>

Any idea about timing? Think I'm still leaning toward a Noveske switch block for the BHW 18" 6.5PCC on order but am curious about this.

Switch block is a needed option!

You needed some conversion pics on here.

My current barrel line up with only the MWS 16" CL 308 missing. All gas blocks pinned.

20" SS Noveske 6.5 Creedmoor - rifle gas - no muzzle devise (converted by DBMG and threads removed)
18" SS LMT 556 - mid gas - FSC556 comp
16" CL LMT 556 - mid gas - A2 hider
14.5" SS LMT 6.8 SPCII - carbine gas - vortex hider (cut down from 18", reamed to spcII, turned down, & coated black by ADCO)
14.5" CL LMT 556 - carbine gas - FSC556 comp
12" CL LMT 556 - mid piston - AAC 51T hider
12.5" CL LMT 6.8 SPC - carbine gas - Vltor A2
10.5" SS Noveske 300FB - pistol gas - waiting for AAC 51T hider (converted by DBMG)
11.5" Spikes 22lr - blow back - AAC 51T break

mrp9barrels.jpg

mrp9barrels2.jpg

3001.jpg

3004.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of accuracy are you getting from the LMT .308? </div></div>

Have only run the 308 in carbine / drills mode so can't speak to accuracy of my barrel (its fine inside 50 yards with crap ammo).

Separately, I just put an PRI adjustable gas block on my Noveske 300BLK and the adjustment is perfectly accessible without removing the barrel (lucky). I plan to shut gas off for fast powder ultra quiet single shots (that won't cycle fully anyway) and open it fully to cycle slower powder subs. Could also tune for best balance for supers but that is not my plan for this barrel. Might file on the block a bit as it looks like it barely touches the upper.

Question... I am still able to blow air through the tube (but less than when open) when the screw is fully tightened to shut... that a problem? Won't get a chance to try it until next weekend.

PRIblock3.jpg

PRIblock1.jpg

PRIblock2.jpg

PRIblock4.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of accuracy are you getting from the LMT .308? </div></div>

Joson how is that Creedmoore doing?

Flyer was not called

[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg]

Same load 7 1/2 inch group at 700 yards

[img

Uploaded with ImageShack.usimg]

Tried calling DBMG today a few times I think there is something wrong with their phone system. I am looking at buying one of the new SLK8 rifles. Am I correct assuming these work the same? I am also wondering about kind of an odd ball barrel question. I have an AR15 chambered in 6mm Benchrest from AR15performance. It uses their superbolt and a special barrel extension. Do you have any experience with these? I am wondering if there is enough meat on the extension to allow for your machining? Also wanted to get a price quote to have a barrel threaded at the same time.

On a side note has anyone shot one of the new SLK8 rifles yet? It is supposed to have a better barrel than any of the past rifles. Just wondering.