• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT MRP Green anodized upper and lower

Carterstabs88

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2019
Hello all, I have been looking for the LMT MRP Canteen green upper and lower. I am willing to pay top dollar, for either or and in either frame.

Thanks

I am not familiar with LMT offering this. Something old ?

I believe they were contract overruns from guns assembled for a foreign military (the exact country escapes me).

The anodizing was "canteen green" and there were a limited number of sets, and also some uppers only, available for sale on the LMT website earlier this year. I think there were less than 100 compete rifles sold to the public.

They look like this.

There is one for trade on the trade section of ar15.com.
Sure he’ll take a cash offer. Beautiful guns and Lmt is top notch

That one is a .223. I asked him how much cash he would “trade” for it. Think he is pretty he’ll bent on keeping it.

I believe they were contract overruns from guns assembled for a foreign military (the exact country escapes me).

The anodizing was "canteen green" and there were a limited number of sets, and also some uppers only, available for sale on the LMT website earlier this year. I think there were less than 100 compete rifles sold to the public.

South American-I've read (on the internet so of course it has to be true) that they were a cancelled order from Venezuela.

That one is a .223. I asked him how much cash he would “trade” for it. Think he is pretty he’ll bent on keeping it.

If you don’t mind sharing, how much was he looking to get? I’ve been keeping an eye out for one of these after seeing one online a few months back...wondering if I should move on if they are that outrageous.

This is the article I was looking for:

This is back from 2015, announcement for a military agency contract for rifles with green anodized uppers and lowers, and green furniture.

I thought I read somewhere that the contract ended and LMT sold off the remaining upper/lowers (as completed rifles) and additional uppers that were stocked as replacement parts per the contract.

I also read somewhere that Karl Lewis does not like anodizing and will not do it again.

That’s all I know. :)