• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LMT MWS barrel fit issues

banditjumper

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2013
Louisiana
Have a 1st gen LMT MWS .308 and recieved a SS .308 replacement barrel today ( hoping to improve accuracy). The barrel was a much tighter fit to insert into the upper than the original chrome lined barrel was. The first bolt ( one that hold the barrel through the notch) would not fully insert by hand. After many removals, cleaning and inspections, and re inserting the first bolt still would not go in by hand. Took a hammer and made a few hard taps and got it to fully insert. Upon removal and inspection, the bolt is scratched, marred, or otherwise superficially damaged from requiring a harder insertion. Anyone have an opinion on this or a similar experience. I plan to speak with LMT tomorrow to sort it out.

My SS barrel went in with the same ease as my CL did. That tight of a fitment might be an issue with the barrel extension.