• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT or JP BCG for a 6.5C semi?

towerofpower93

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
About to set up another AR10 upper for my MATEN lower. Need to get a BCG and am ignorant as to the go-to nowadays.

Plan is a 22-24" 6.5C barrel with +2" rifle gas and an AGB.

Have a buddy with a complete JP rifle in 6.5C which started with their LMOS system but he has since put in the full weight carrier and high pressure bolt.

Was planning to go the JP route, but hearing many good things about LMT's FA BCG with the HP bolt sporting dual ejectors.

I also have a $150 off gift certificate from JP I got off a prize table last year, so

So, any advice/experience is welcome as I start putting pieces together.

Thanks

If you run suppressed, go with either the full mass (FMOS) or variable mass (VMOS). If you're building a gun for PRS style matches go with the low mass (LMOS). Use a HP bolt in all carriers and pair it with a H2 308 silent captured spring.

Planning to run suppressed 100% of the time so figured the full mass carriers would be my go-to regardless of manufacturer.