• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LMT vs LWRC vs KAC for AR10

I thought one of these syrac, Odin works, superlative, or noveske made an adjustable gas block that worked with the kac

You could possibly make one work. It may require some custom machining though. If I remember correctly, Jack Leuba or Kevin Boland from KAC said that the gas block journal is an odd diameter.

It’s really not necessary though. They run great with any ammo I’ve run through it suppressed or otherwise and have functioned well with Surefire and KAC cans. I think a lot of people get twisted around the axle of the adjustable gas block issue. Adjustable gas block came about due to poor gas port engineering. Sure, they have came a long way but it is possible to design the gas system to function without it.

An LMT MWS with one of his barrels .this one being a 6.5CMView attachment 7097292View attachment 7097293

That pretty cool. Jeff’s a good dude. I had him do some work on one of my rifles. I got to stop in to his shop when I dropped my rifle off and ended up spending about an hour in there BSing. That multi cam cerecoat AIAX of Lowlights was in there getting ceracoted by Custom Gun Coatings (aka shortbus) at the time. Jeff does great work, I had forgotten about his MWS barrels.

Reactions: wildcats
You could possibly make one work. It may require some custom machining though. If I remember correctly, Jack Leuba or Kevin Boland from KAC said that the gas block journal is an odd diameter.

It’s really not necessary though. They run great with any ammo I’ve run through it suppressed or otherwise and have functioned well with Surefire and KAC cans. I think a lot of people get twisted around the axle of the adjustable gas block issue. Adjustable gas block came about due to poor gas port engineering. Sure, they have came a long way but it is possible to design the gas system to function without it.
What about with subsonic

I don’t know. That seems like a moot point to me. I don’t know anybody trying to run subsonic .308 or .556 in semi autos. Now on the SR-30 300 blackout, they will run. I don’t have a ton of time with one but from my limited experience they have worked just fine. Still, I really don’t have much use for subs personally, the reduced performance just doesn’t seem worth the novelty of being quiet. I find full power ammo to be hearing safe and that’s really all I’m interested in. It might be a different story if I was hunting two legged prey.

I don’t know. That seems like a moot point to me. I don’t know anybody trying to run subsonic .308 or .556 in semi autos. Now on the SR-30 300 blackout, they will run. I don’t have a ton of time with one but from my limited experience they have worked just fine. Still, I really don’t have much use for subs personally, the reduced performance just doesn’t seem worth the novelty of being quiet. I find full power ammo to be hearing safe and that’s really all I’m interested in. It might be a different story if I was hunting two legged prey.
I wouldn’t shoot too much full power ammo without protection it’s still pretty loud. If you have neighbors that get pissed off from hearing shots constantly that is where subs are great & you can safely shoot without hearing protection. I shoot just 15 minutes outside of town on our horse ranch & our neighbors don’t mind some full power but it’s still loud enough to piss them off so we shoot a lot of subsonic

I’m using the 762-sd & it’s still pretty loud without subs. Someone told me to try the jaeger 30 aac so I might get a new one. What are you using

I run a host of Surefire cans and a KAC. The KAC is loud, not hearing safe but you can get a few rounds off without your ears ringing. But that’s to be expected, I bought the QDC CQB. It’s tiny. My Surefire cans are quieter but longer. I’m running a 556AR, 556SOCOMRC, 762socomrc2 mini and 762ss. Two of them are reflex suppressors and are definitely hearing safe to me and the guys I shoot with. The others I have no problem with hunting. I actually use the 762mini on bolt guns and find it perfectly adequate. But I’ve been in heavy construction for a long time and probably have a little hearing loss as it is.

I run a host of Surefire cans and a KAC. The KAC is loud, not hearing safe but you can get a few rounds off without your ears ringing. But that’s to be expected, I bought the QDC CQB. It’s tiny. My Surefire cans are quieter but longer. I’m running a 556AR, 556SOCOMRC, 762socomrc2 mini and 762ss. Two of them are reflex suppressors and are definitely hearing safe to me and the guys I shoot with. The others I have no problem with hunting. I actually use the 762mini on bolt guns and find it perfectly adequate. But I’ve been in heavy construction for a long time and probably have a little hearing loss as it is.

Hearing...who needs it? Other than the noise variation between suppressors it sounds like the kac runs pretty solid.

Hearing...who needs it? Other than the noise variation between suppressors it sounds like the kac runs pretty solid.

KAC runs very solid. Don’t let my take on it give you the wrong idea on their suppressors though. The KAC CQB suppressor is not meant to be hearing safe. It’s meant to not blow your eardrums out if you have to fire unexpectedly without earpro. It’s very short, only has about 4 baffles and only adds about 4 inches to the rifle. It keeps a 11.5 shorter than a 16” gun. They have their purpose but are not for everyone. I’ll shoot it without earpro outside hunting hogs or whatever and be fine for no more rounds than are fire but indoors it gets uncomfortable with more than a few rounds. Not like a bare sbr for sure but but definitely ill advised

556 is not too bad without hearing but 308 is too loud without hearing protection you will want to run subsonic & to gets subs to function you need a an adjustable valve the ports will work for full power but Ithey won’t reliably cycle subs as good as an adjustable that’s why most rifle use adjustable valves & not just ports. There are gunsmiths that can install one on a kac, superlative & slr are good ones. Larue is good accurate rifle I hear it works great with suppressors & has an adjustable valve

Reactions: TangoSierra916
Suppressors reduce 30-35 dB on average. 308 is 180-190 dB. So that means you will be hearing 150 db which is equal to a jet taking off from 25 yards away, over & over every shot. I would much rather use subsonics with 308 or use hearing protection while shooting full power suppressed 308

Here’s a kac with a SLR sentry 9 adjustable gas block. This is what you want for running suppressed so it won’t be over gassed with full power or under gassed with subsonics. During regular shooting it can help soften your recoil & reduce wear on your rifle

Reactions: wildcats
View attachment 7097798
Here’s a kac with a SLR sentry 9 adjustable gas block. This is what you want for running suppressed so it won’t be over gassed with full power or under gassed with subsonics. During regular shooting it can help soften your recoil & reduce wear on your rifle

That is not current production. That rifle has been out of production for about 5 years now. Those rifles accepted standard gas blocks. New production rifles are a completely different system.

That is not current production. That rifle has been out of production for about 5 years now. Those rifles accepted standard gas blocks. New production rifles are a completely different system.
Yes that’s not the latest model. You are right my local smith said the new ones are the same diameter but the port position is proprietary so an slr adjustable block won’t work without some modification