• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Locating 168gr FGMM

imjoe

Private
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2010
Pa
I'm planning ahead for the completion of my Tango-51 and ammo is on my checklist. Would anyone be able to provide some insight into how to best locate between 500 and 1000 rounds of matching lot 168gr fgmm? I have been monitoring this forum's for sale section along with the ARF exchange. Does anyone have webstore/forum recommendations that I should be periodically checking? I have a bunch of time to work with since the Tango was only ordered 2 months ago. Thanks in advance!

I would look around locally, honestly.

The other day I was at Scheels and saw 175 FGMM on the shelves.

Granted, it was $39.99 a box, but I picked up 4 anyways.

Maybe the landscape is changing again

Good luck. Granted you have a while before you will need it based on the wait times I have seen for that rifle but it will be worth the wait. This is one of the few places I have seen FGMM 168 in stock at for a while but they are pretty proud of it and not sure how much they have.

Federal Ammunition .308 168 BTHP Gold Medal Match

I'm willing to hold out a while if it means I can find sub $30/box prices. Thanks for the input so far.

I would too, hopefully things will get better in the next few months. This shit it getting old!

Not sure if your gun is like mine but mine shoots the fgmm real well and shoots the hornady TAP 168 even better. Might be a thought if you can't locate the fgmm. Of course the taps might not be available either???

Good luck

I know its odd but Ive actually been finding FGMM at my local cabelas every now and then for 24.99 a box.

Same at my Cabela's but 175gr which is what I want. Mine is in a mall where I play hockey on friday and saturday nights so I get there early and take a brisk walk down to cabelas before the game and I usually buy 3 to 5 boxes a weekend. It makes for a good warm up and puts me in a good mood for hockey :)

Just found some at my lgs for $26 a box, bought it all. Point is, it's starting to come in. My main goal now is to buy more 308 rifles. I'd like 6 or 8 in various configurations, I have my AR-10 and a TRG and a few hunting rifles but am now adding more bolt hunting guns like a Cooper, Savage, Remington and Dakota. The biggest thing I took away from the last few months is to consolidate calibers.