• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LONG RANGE ARMS (send it) electronic level ?

scorpio 25

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2005
Has anyone used one of these new electronic levels ? your thoughts.

No different then a visual bubble level. I like it b/c you don't need to remain focused on the bubble and can look at the LED lights; but, I still look at my spuhr bubble level. A bit on the pricey side too. I mount mine off my spuhr mount up and down not horizontal off the action's pic rail. Anyone who shoots tactical matches and tosses their gun on barricades, transitions back and forth from stage to stage should be careful that you don't totally break this and deform your action if you aggressively bang or bend it on a barricade especially when it's mounted horizontally on your actions pic rail.

I think it's relatively new, that and the price probably mean not a lot of people using them. My thoughts: doesn't seem to do anything a $40 bubble level doesn't already do. Sure its bright and the LED's are easy to read but I prefer to K.I.S.S and feel a bubble level has less chances to go wrong/bad.

I shoot subsonics with a high trajectory, I have 25moa scope mounts and my scope heights is 3.25" .... all three of these situations exacerbate canting errors and POI shifts so I am trying it out, especially for a nighttime vehicle like mine, where a bubble is worthless because you cant see it. Ill post more when it gets here and after I try it out. I am planning on a verticle mount as previous member suggested

I sent them an email the other day about whether it could be mounted on the right side to accommodate a LH shooter. They said it could but that they were coming out with a new model in a couple of weeks. Told me to wait for that one.

Reactions: *Tavman*
Not much difference in function than the Deros Level Grouse that was available 12 or so years ago. The Deros worked well so sure these will as well. They are smaller than the Deros version.

Used a Deros Level Grouse for a while. Advantage over a bubble level is that you didn't have to shift your focus from crosshairs to the level and back. I would stay on the crosshair and open my non-shooting eye and catch the LED (either red or green to tell you which way you were canted) in the periphery. Thing used to eat batteries though.

Its perfect for nighttime and this model can be mounted left,right,top or upside down. device remembers all 4 settings. sensitivity adjustable, dimmable, auto off. Im all-in, true badd @ss level.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170713-133423.png
    Screenshot_20170713-133423.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Screenshot_20170713-133433.png
    Screenshot_20170713-133433.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 341
I sent them an email the other day about whether it could be mounted on the right side to accommodate a LH shooter. They said it could but that they were coming out with a new model in a couple of weeks. Told me to wait for that one.

The new device will not have a bubble and it will be less money...the electronics are the same

well that worked out, my best placement ever

Attachments

• photo64063.png
    photo64063.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 380
Watched two guys with these mounted in a Long Range Class last weekend, both were successful out to 1200 and 1600 yards with targets. One was shooting a .260, and the other was a 6.5 CM. Both rifles were Savages, the LRP model if I ID'ed them correctly.

Both shooters seemed to be happy with the performance, though I did see them doing some bench work on the scopes in the first day of the class - looked like they were working out the leveling between the two.

Watched two guys with these mounted in a Long Range Class last weekend, both were successful out to 1200 and 1600 yards with targets. One was shooting a .260, and the other was a 6.5 CM. Both rifles were Savages, the LRP model if I ID'ed them correctly.

Both shooters seemed to be happy with the performance, though I did see them doing some bench work on the scopes in the first day of the class - looked like they were working out the leveling between the two.

I have yet to see anyone with these.i am still on the fence with this product I do like the fact they lowered the cost some.there are also guys out there shooting the same distance without any level.wish I could try one out for myself.

I have 5 of these and swear by them. They can be mounted to the rail or the scope with rings. A lot easier that trying to see the bubble level on some guns.

Reactions: kerjo
My good buddy has one of these on his rifle. Grant it, as far as precision rifles go, I am a competition shooter and hobbyist. Regarding a PRS-type purpose rifle, I think it is one of the most obnoxious pieces of gear that could ever be mounted to a rifle. It is in a unique quandary, wherein, the indicators are flashing LED's (red, blue and green IIRC) and the sensitivity of the unit is extreme (as it should be, being a level, of course). So when you are getting your rifle into position, this contraption is going ape shit with the flashing lights. My best description for folks is to imagine trying to get your rifle "level" with a slot machine mounted on your picatinny while it's hitting the jackpot. Obnoxious is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

Now, if we are talking in terms of stationary shooting, such as F-Class stuff, I think this rig may be more appropriate. Outside of that, it is distracting as all hell.

My good buddy has one of these on his rifle. Grant it, as far as precision rifles go, I am a competition shooter and hobbyist. Regarding a PRS-type purpose rifle, I think it is one of the most obnoxious pieces of gear that could ever be mounted to a rifle. It is in a unique quandary, wherein, the indicators are flashing LED's (red, blue and green IIRC) and the sensitivity of the unit is extreme (as it should be, being a level, of course). So when you are getting your rifle into position, this contraption is going ape shit with the flashing lights. My best description for folks is to imagine trying to get your rifle "level" with a slot machine mounted on your picatinny while it's hitting the jackpot. Obnoxious is the ONLY thing that comes to mind.

Now, if we are talking in terms of stationary shooting, such as F-Class stuff, I think this rig may be more appropriate. Outside of that, it is distracting as all hell.

Agree 100%. Only good for F class or precision bench or long range stationary shooting.

Just talking with Bill now, can any "left hand" end users chime on mounting and how it worked for them? and does it come with a mount or do you need to purchase the LRA kit?

Just talking with Bill now, can any "left hand" end users chime on mounting and how it worked for them? and does it come with a mount or do you need to purchase the LRA kit?

I shoot long guns left handed. It works fine for me.

Laughing a little at the guys who thing it is obnoxious and distracting. I know what is bolted to my gun and what it all does, I don't have to pay attention to anything unless it is appropriate and I choose to. It can flash all day getting into position, I'm focused on looking over my scope caps to get the initial sight picture.

Just curious, how do you have it mounted? vertical or horizontal? and did you use there mounting set up on the scope? Thanks

Thanks, I guess? your running it on the left side? no problem seeing it? or working the bolt etc?

I shoot subsonics with a high trajectory, I have 25moa scope mounts and my scope heights is 3.25" .... all three of these situations exacerbate canting errors and POI shifts so I am trying it out, especially for a nighttime vehicle like mine, where a bubble is worthless because you cant see it. Ill post more when it gets here and after I try it out. I am planning on a verticle mount as previous member suggested

FWIW, Accuracy 1st levels have a tritium compartment.

Nik, Did you ever purchase the send-it? I'm a lefty and considering purchasing. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Nik, Did you ever purchase the send-it? I'm a lefty and considering purchasing. Curious to hear your thoughts.

I have not. I still want to but there have been other shooting priorities that got in the way. It is still on my list though. If you get one, I would be interested to hear what you think of it.

I have not. I still want to but there have been other shooting priorities that got in the way. It is still on my list though. If you get one, I would be interested to hear what you think of it.
I will probably order one as soon as I confirm they can be mounted to the right side for us lefties.

Thanks, I guess? your running it on the left side? no problem seeing it? or working the bolt etc?

Sorry, just saw this when the thread got bumped. I'm using a left bolt right port action, so no issues on the ejection port side and it is out of the handle's way. Actually purchased a pic mount for the sphur with the intention of trying it in a few configs there but seem to have lost the rail. Probably get another one and still try it.

I've got one of these mounted on the left side off my Spuhr mount using a Pic rail segment. I use the bubble in the Spuhr mount to get in the neighborhood of level, turn the Send-It on, and use that to get perfectly level. I have it mounted vertically on the side, and I ordered the smaller version without the bubble in it for that very reason.

For the LH guys, it'll operate correctly in the vertical orientation with the knob up or down, so you can mount it on whichever side you like as long as you're okay with where the knob is. I ordered mine from MHSA almost 2 years ago so hopefully they've since come out with a left-handed version for anyone wanting to mount it horizontally.

I mounted a 3 slot rail on the right side my Manners T4 and mounted it vertically. It is nice being tucked into the rifle close. I figured I would come up with a better solution later.

I mounted mine vertically on the right side of the rifle using their scope ring mount. I'm hoping to get out this weekend and give it a run.20190603_202752.jpg

like the barbie Corvette with real working back up lights and sounds ... when you could get some new mega extreme dancing shoes who haa .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9kQBz9azy8

IIRC @Lowlight is a big fan of these

Edit. My memory is wrong could have sworn he said the send its were the best level for a rifle.
But in this thread he says f any level

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: b6graham
I've used one for about 6 months now, works great. Hung it vertical on Spuhr mount. Mounted it 1st with just the Spuhr A-0003 Pic rail, it was touching my Deviant Action causing it to list a little and put it in a bind, didn't feel that was right. So, got a Spuhr A-0001 spacer 0.16", Now have clearance. I shoot my 6.5CM from 100-1200yrds all the time with it. Easy to open my left eye and see the green or adjust a touch and its right on. Has not ever distracted me and I have set on the brightest setting. Oh sorry, have been distracted a few time when someone comes up and ask me "whats those lights for?"

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
I run one left side, vertical. I’ve found it to be very easy to use and intuitive especially for helping my spouse, son and others learn fundamentals. I like that it’s so easy to know when you’re “there” and it acts as a reminder to check rifle cant it if it’s not green (LED color for “Send it”).

IIRC @Lowlight is a big fan of these

Edit. My memory is wrong could have sworn he said the send its were the best level for a rifle.
But in this thread he says f any level

He mentions it in his podcast, there's two different veins of the level argument.

1. is that you dont need one (fundamentals and proper setup)
2. Is that the human ear is more accurate than a bubble level.

The send it is the answer to #2

He mentions it in his podcast, there's two different veins of the level argument.

1. is that you dont need one (fundamentals and proper setup)
2. Is that the human ear is more accurate than a bubble level.

The send it is the answer to #2

You mean the human eye? Or what do you mean by ear?

Ear is where equilibrium and such is controlled.

Your eye sees the reticle, your ear is what tells you it’s wrong via vestibular sense.

Never thought about it that way, but that's cool. For most PRS shooting (sub 1000 yards) I just use these senses I guess
I do want one of these levels for my 375 CT for ELR usage.

Ear is where equilibrium and such is controlled.

Your eye sees the reticle, your ear is what tells you it’s wrong via vestibular sense.

Well is crooked headed mfers need the sendit lol

Any more updates on this? More using it now? I'm looking at it on Brownells, the bubble model with discount code is down to $202. Standard is $164.

I'm thinking of getting it. Old eyes and my square is off :)