• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Long Runs with CCW

I WISH I could still run... Five years of foot surgeries has pretty much shot that, uh, in the foot. I was good for 5-8 miles every morning at a solid run, half marathons now and again. God I miss that. IF you can run, RUN!

I don't know what you wear to run in but I wore a t-shirt and "Ranger shorts" (also known as army fuck-me panties). There is no room for a holster unless you leave your dick behind. Honestly I think a slung M4 would've been about as comfortable and easy as a holstered pistol on a run.

340PD is probably gonna be your gun though, that or maybe a Rorbaugh 9mm. Both are literally meant to be carried a lot and used seldom. I go nowhere without the 340PD yet still have forgotten I had it on me several times.

As for a holster, damn, running that much even a t-shirt would cause bloody titties... If it were me I'd probably have to try the belly band. Another option would be to tether it around your neck and I've seen that done though I'm not sure how or if they did anything else to secure it. A 340PD is only around 12oz. A .22 317 will give you 8 rounds and weighs 11oz. (or one less than the 340PD).

An ankle holster would probably be ideal for the clothing but not for the activity. So you're pretty much stuck wearing whatever you go with on the torso. Shorts and such are too thin to securely attach leather too and If that's not attached to a belt or a harness, well, what's that leave you with?

You'll struggle to find anything that is actually comfortable for long runs. I've been down this path before and asked for suggestions on forums, 99% of them were junk. Running means a lot of things to a lot of people.

If you are actually running (as in <8:00 pace) for 4+ miles I don't think you'll find anything that'll work well. You'll definitely need the lightest and slimmest gun you can find.

One of the better pieces of gear I've used for carrying stuff on the road and trail is the UD Utility Belt:

Very slim and low profile. Perfect for carrying keys, phone, wallet, knife, headlamp, calories. Could probably tote a J frame or slim/light .380. it's all mesh which works great in the summer. I've done 15 mile runs with it on, never any discomfort. It does OK with a 12oz soft bottle.

It's not adjustable, so read the directions and measure your waist.
This looks promising to me and he's spot on about nothing working at a run.

Wait. Wasn't there something that lets you carry at the nape of your neck? Don't ask me who makes it or how it works, I've only seen someone draw from one once.

At any rate, look into 340PD and Rorbaugh and then find some way to carry that.