• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longest freaking weekend ever!!!!! PICS ADDED

9sigman45

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2009
King, NC
This will most definetly be the longest weekend ever!!!!

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from Tracey letting me know that my 1st GAP rifle (a custom .308 F-class build) was complete and ready to ship. It's been about 8 months since I decided to take the plung and i can hardly believe that it's finally comming to an end. Then, just when you thought things couldn't get much better, the phone rang late this afternoon and much to my suprise, once again it was Tracey. She notified me today that my "spec" Crusader was complete and that it would ship out today. What a GAPtastic week!

Getting thru this holiday weekend will be tuff.
grin.gif

Re: The longest freaking weekend ever!!!!!

Holiday weekend? Oh ya. Presidents day isn't it. I have never worked for the goverment to enjoy such a thing
wink.gif

Congrats on the new rifles. You will have lots of fun, next weekend.

Nice!!! Personally I am recovering from a home robbery in which my Armalite AR-10, which was fairly tricked out, was creeped from me... Hopefully in the coming year I will replace it with something nice. I want to get into long range shooting, I have never really done it competitively so I know I have a lot to learn as for technical aspects of it. I was thinking starting with a Rem. XCR compact Tac. Do you have any suggestions for a good starting rifle in the realm of long range shooting?

Congrats,and it will be a long weekend but it will be worth it. My GAP Rock 308 shoots lights out and I also have a GAP 22 250 and another Rock in 243 in the works. The 22 250 should be coming up fairly soon but still 8 months out on the 243. Have a good time at the range next weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 172dMedic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice!!! Personally I am recovering from a home robbery in which my Armalite AR-10, which was fairly tricked out, was creeped from me... Hopefully in the coming year I will replace it with something nice. I want to get into long range shooting, I have never really done it competitively so I know I have a lot to learn as for technical aspects of it. I was thinking starting with a Rem. XCR compact Tac. Do you have any suggestions for a good starting rifle in the realm of long range shooting? </div></div>no safe?? sorry for the loss

I had the same pleasant call recently so I know exactly how you feel. I got a GAP M40A3 build. It was a nice holiday for me too. It is even better when you get to go pick it up from the dealer and they are all looking at it in the gun shop and saying; "man, that is a bad-ass rifle." And, I am giddy as can be and say yep, and it is mine
grin.gif

yes I have a safe but... foolishly, because I shot often with this particular firearm, I kept it a locked case under the bed.
I shot with it, on average, at least 2 to 3 times a week. They took off with the case and contents... a lot of contents ie. AimPoint sights, ggg sites, cleaning kit, bipod, Larue hand guard, handtools and mags...
the even tried to break into the safe with what looks like to have been a pribar...lol they had no luck with that one.

so... does anyone have a suggestion on my previous posted question?

"I want to get into long range shooting, I have never really done it competitively so I know I have a lot to learn as for technical aspects of it. I was thinking starting with a Rem. XCR compact Tac. Do you have any suggestions for a good starting rifle in the realm of long range shooting?"

I would like custom but until I get experience enough to warrant the cost I am sticking with factory so if there are any good suggestion I welcome them...
thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 172dMedic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so... does anyone have a suggestion on my previous posted question?</div></div>
I have a suggestion..........

Start your own thread!!!

From (of all places I never thought I would quote) The Urban Dictionary

Thread Crapping - Making off-topic posts in a thread on a message board.
i.e. This has nothing to go with the subject, stop thread crapping you idiot!

GM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InTheHills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 172dMedic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so... does anyone have a suggestion on my previous posted question?</div></div>
I have a suggestion..........

Start your own thread!!!

From (of all places I never thought I would quote) The Urban Dictionary

Thread Crapping - Making off-topic posts in a thread on a message board.
i.e. This has nothing to go with the subject, stop thread crapping you idiot!

GM </div></div>

relax

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">relax </div></div>

Ah come on. I never get to bust balls in real life and was finally the first one to see the FNG screwin up! Figured I would flex my interweb muscles, LOL.

Was it too much? If so I apologize and will go back to my cave.

GM

you can teach the new guys. not bash their internet brains in....
everyone has their forum dumb moments

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9sigman45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting thru this holiday weekend will be tuff.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Instant gratification is so much easier, but the satisfaction you are going to get on Tuesday will be worth the miserable weekend. I hope to be in your shoes, waiting for my first GAP, one day.

GM

Sorry to hear about your loss. I once had about 8 grand worth of over under shotguns stolen. I never have had a clue as to where they went. Some thug is probably shooting at his thug gangster enemy with them!
Great news on the GAP. I wish i were in your shoes this coming week!! Enjoy! Lee

Much to my suprise, my local dealer called this morning to let me know that one of my rifles had arrived. Ofcourse I laid the hammer down and headed straight to his shop. WOW! I'll be happy if it only shoots half as good as it looks (well, maybe not ;>). I was hoping to use a set of NIB BO rings that I bought probably 3 years ago, but they're just too high. I'll order a new set by tomorrow and hopefully be able to post some pics along with a range report by next weekend. I'll definetly sleep better tonight now that at least one of my new sticks is safe and sound here at home.

It's been a crazy busy week for me so far, so I haven't been able to post much. I have both new GAP's in my possession!

The F-class is absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to send some rounds down range this weekend to see if she's a shooter. As for asthetics it turned out better than I could have hoped for. This could quiet possibly be the finest firearm I've ever owned.

As for the Crusader, I've got a couple details that I'm trying to iron out with George and Karey, but other than those two it appears to be an awesome piece of hardware.

I definitely post some pics by Sunday, after I get back from the range.
wink.gif

Pictures???? Come on man you can't go talking about the new rifles without pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9sigman45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This could quiet possibly be the finest firearm I've ever owned.</div></div>

If George had a dollar for every customer he sold a gun to that said that....

They make fine rifles. Congrats on your new acquisitions.

your like a kid in the candy store...from the post topic, i thought it was going to be like..

so i was working in the wood shop and a sliver of wood scratched my right eye cornea...had to go to the dr and they put a patch on my eye for 7-10 days...upon arriving home my gap rifle was just dropped off...now i cant sight or shoot it until my eye gets better...

that would make for a long weekend...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: montana</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have never worked for the goverment to enjoy such a thing
wink.gif
</div></div>

Don't worry, I work for the government and haven't gotten a single holiday off in 2 years.

sigman--congrats on the new additions. don't forget pics.
wink.gif

Congrats on the new GAPs, please post some pics,,,,I don't work for the gov't never will, and I never get days off either, that would explain why my shooting skills are going to shit, Damn high maitenance wife, oh well another life lesson learned. If you want to have an expensive hobby like precision shooting, don't get married....LMAO

Re: Longest freaking weekend ever!!!!! PICS ADDED

OK, OK. Here are a few pics. I apologize up front for the "toplessness", but Glen's rings aren't due in until tomorrow. I'll post pics of the Crusader once George and I work out the couple detail issues we have. Range report to follow soon. ;>)

F-classStick001.jpg

F-classStick002.jpg

F-classStick003.jpg

I love that Templar action! I'm kinda facinated with the Knights Templar so the symbol in the action is kind of a neat little addition!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^^^^specs??^^^^ </div></div>

McMillan A2 adl "mc-swirley" 60/30/10 of Black/Gray/Light Gray
Templar SS SS action RB / LP
Bartlein 29" SS #9 barrel with 1:11.25 twist
GAP .308 Match chamber
BAT trigger guard
All metal bead blated matte Gray
Jewell trigger set @ 8 oz.
I have a NF NXS 8-32x56mm sitting in the reloading room.
Seekins 4-screw Med-High (.92") due to arrive tomorrow.

I saw a bench rest guy recently that did the same with his rifle, bolt set up for a right side shooter, but ejection port on left side. Beautiful rifle....can't wait to see some range pics!

Very nice, you'z one lucky dude.

But at least you apologized. so thanks for that.
I will try not to "Thread Crap" anymore... did not know that even existed. huh?
Tread Crapping? Really?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 172dMedic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But at least you apologized. so thanks for that.
I will try not to "Thread Crap" anymore... did not know that even existed. huh?
Tread Crapping? Really? </div></div>

Also, it's best if you quote who you're responding to, so folks know what/who you're talking about. As in this case, NOT the OP (which is me). Otherwise a PM may be better.