• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Longest shot you've made with an AR-15

Re: Longest shot you've made with an AR-15

I can consistently ring 16" plates with my 6920 at 310 using irons and crappy Wolf ammo. I managed inconsistent hits with the same combination at 400 and 550. Meanwhile, the SPR will shoot to 600 no problems with magnified glass and 75 gr match ammo. At the local club, guys shoot sub-MOA in matches with their 16" and 18" ARs with floated barrels and regular rifle scopes out to 600. The .223 class stops shooting at 600 yards while the bigger rounds keep going. Could the .223 go further? Yeah, with a well-tuned rifle/load but they just won't keep up in the wind with the .243s, .260s, 6.5x47, 6mm BR, etc.

500 meters iron sights ......that's as far as the local range goes

850 meters with Colt Hbar/5.5x ACOG with M855 shooting at a 20x40" silhouette with 75% hits. Its really not to bad in good conditions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treetrimmer_01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know how well a factory Olympic arms pcr-1 ultra match shoots? </div></div>

I had a PCR about 20 years ago and had a 20" heavy barrel on it. With handloads, 60gn Hornady HPs with 26 gr of Varget, I could hit 875rd steel 24" plate 6 out of 10 shots. At 575 yds I could do 8 to 9 out of 10 shots. At 100 yrds it would do 5 shots into 5/8" groups. So your ultra match should do very well. You'll have to try different brands of ammo and weights of bullets to see what shoots the most accurately in your rifle.

I shoot highpower and get some pretty decent scores with my service rifle shooting from position with sling at 600 yards. My rifle is set up for SR comp with 1/4 min pinned rear sight, Bartlein barrel, Geissle SR trigger, and is weighted with lead to 16 lbs. Best I did at 1000 yards was a 188/200 with iron sights, but the USAMU guy I scored on my firing point shot a frickin' 198 with his SR. Very impressive. This was at a match at Oak Ridge, TN, years ago, before they switched to M110s for LR (service rifle class). Last spring I scored Ty Cooper (USAMU) at 600 yards and he cleaned that sucker with a very high x-count with his SR.

In rattle battle (NTIT), I can typically get 28 hits on E silhouette in 50 seconds at 600 yards. The USAMU guys get closer to 40 hits; they really have it down.

800 meters, with an ACOG, testing the BDC, was pretty close, was on an ACR. Not really an AR but pretty damn close. Otherwise I am stuck at 600 yards at the plates I typically shoot, 69gr hpbt realllllllllllly do well.

523766_10151025076082779_1878015714_n.jpg

From my visit to Utah, I was saving ammo for 1000.
1000 and my 16" barrel were humbling.