• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Longest you had a USPS package “in transit”?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Starting to think this one may be disappeared by some AA hire scumbag “working “ for the usps

7C4EC439-88FA-4794-A959-CF1B3DA5D932.png

Ordered some Spanish Fly about 16 months ago from Juarez I think the UPS Guy stole my package.

Reactions: deersniper
    Over 4 weeks in transit on a Trijicon Reap ir 60. Thought it was gone for sure. started insurance claim and it showed up about 3 days later.

2 years.

A package of 100 10mm x 6mm cylindrical neodymium magnets.

After a month, I contacted the vendor who sent me another bag of them. The replacement bag showed up quickly.

2 years later, the original package showed up in the mail. No explanation, nothing abnormal other than the time. Just showed up In the mailbox with the bills one day. Postmarked from 2 years before.

2 years.

After a month, I contacted the vendor who sent me another bag of them. The replacement bag showed up quickly.

2 years later, the original package showed up in the mail. No explanation, nothing abnormal other than the time. Just showed up In the mailbox with the bills one day. Postmarked from 2 years before.
    We should let .gov run more things

Couple months in Philly during Christmas thanks to covid.

Just got one mailed in late November 🤦‍♂️

Sent a piece of mail from Chicago to the State of Maryland (Maryland was the recipient) on December 18th. MD didn't receive it until mid February.

• Wow
    2 years.

It was probably stuck to the bottom of a shelf on the mail truck.

About 3 weeks for a BCG coming out of Florida, a 22 hour drive so WTH.
    It came in unscathed so I was happy

It wasn't a package but it took them 2 weeks to get my mortgage payment check from Cheyenne to Casper, WY. I got assessed a late fee and they would not refund it under any circumstances.

• Angry
    Are you in MN? I am and have packages stuck in st Paul for a week or so. When they can't get them sorted they go into a semi trailer until they get enough help to sort.

• Haha
    I have experienced this (now common) delay in USPS delivery, and (don't ask me why or how, but) it occurs to me that USPS is diverting mail & parcels to facilities for some sort of closer inspection. Either X-ray, NBC scanning, explosives sniffing, dogs (?) or who-knows-what...

On the other hand... It may just be that USPS is still .gov and inefficient/ineffective and has a hard time finding enough good workers to do what needs to be done. I noticed that most all of my larger than mailbox sized packages are delivered by contract drivers.

About 4 weeks. Shipped an item to a friend from CA to AZ. According to the tracking it made five trips back and forth between Dayton and Columbus Ohio. About four weeks in, USPS declared it as lost and I got some half assed apology. Only thing is, at about the three week mark, it made it to my friend in AZ.

Last one was right at a month. Had one from midway a few years ago that took around 17 days in transit and I live 2 1/2 hours from them.

Reactions: Jrb572
    A month, with the package going back and forth from Maine to Florida four times, a package sent from Wyoming to Tennessee.

Since mid November 2020, the USPS services are highly unreliable, with massive delays. The stupid thing is that if the tracking shows "in transit" your hands are tied. I'm dealing with all online sales(several websites, Amazon, Walmart) for a company and it's a complete mess. We're issuing refunds for orders knowing they will be delivered at some point because the customers are pissed (and they are right to be). There was a case where a package shipped with Priority Mail was delivered after 3 weeks to an address 2 blocks from our office.
    My advice is if you're sending something or buying an expensive product online spend the extra money for UPS or FedEx, they're also not perfect but way better than USPS.

We should let .gov run more things

I suspect that this order of 1-5/8" 12L14 steel round rod will eventually beat out my magnets for longest wait time. I'll never see it.

I called them about it....

They said that even though It still has the barcode and tracking # attached, the delivery address label must have fallen off!

Naturally, I asked them if I could just give them the address, and them deliver the package. Nope! Quoting the retard: "The system isn't set up to let us do that".

Perfectly trackable package, who's location is known, and I'm still shit out of luck! It's like the Twighlight Zone ass-raped Crustys Clown College and they had a love child!

Last edited:
    • Wow
    For some reason the main USPS distribution center in Denver is like a Black Hole. Things sit there for days, sometimes weeks before moving on.

Another slow route is Colorado to North Carolina for some reason?

Reactions: DonasaurusRex
    I have had a usps package arrive in the closest major metropolitan area near me, Seattle, and then ship out to Alaska.
    This has happened twice if memory serves me.
    And these were years ago so the china virus had nothing to do with it just government at its finest.
    I also have package delays quite regularly when packages get to portland.

2 weeks in may 2021 for a t shirt shipped from Indiana to Florida via USPS, got stuck in Ohio for a week and a half.

August 2020 Took nearly a month to get a bracelet my Niece made me from Michigan to Florida, said delivered for 3 weeks, then showed up. USPS is a black hole.

December 2021 UPS lost a set of pry bars that took me 3 months to sort out. Un

Fed EX seems most reliable in my recent experience. Tennessee to Florida in 2-3 days on multiple recent purchases. They got me a rangefinder from Pa to Fl in 2 days.

I have experienced this (now common) delay in USPS delivery, and (don't ask me why or how, but) it occurs to me that USPS is diverting mail & parcels to facilities for some sort of closer inspection. Either X-ray, NBC scanning, explosives sniffing, dogs (?) or who-knows-what...

On the other hand... It may just be that USPS is still .gov and inefficient/ineffective and has a hard time finding enough good workers to do what needs to be done. I noticed that most all of my larger than mailbox sized packages are delivered by contract drivers.
    These are my thoughts as well.

Odd Security screening or Gremlins . but for about 99.7 % of the time with the Gov. mail service. it 'eventually' gets there . The couple that never made it to delivery destination, eventually ended-up delivered back to my address a month+time .

Also had one odd couple year ago with delivery to Wash. DC . Mailed 2 identical boxes from Oregon, at exact same time, both with Tracking #'s . Both USPS flat-rate, with 'both same Address' to same recipient, both same size/weight . Both box's arrive DC on same identical date on each box Tracking# . yet one is delivered next day and the other is delivered 2 weeks latter .

I ordered some aluminum pillars from a seller in Pennsylvania. USPS received the shipment June 1. Its still in PA as of 6/11. The post office sucks...

Six weeks. Package shipped from east coast. Package made it to Ohio and stopped. 5 weeks later shows up at my house. Tracking still says package is in Ohio.

2 months is the longest I've dealt with. It was a package sent from overseas, sat at the customs station in NYC for 3 weeks, was "in transit" for an eternity, and suddenly ended up in my mail cabinet/box after losing hope it would ever be delivered. Also dealt with a 2mo long wait for my renewed passport book to show up.