• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Look what showed up today.

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Walked out to the mailbox to find the latest version Altas and AI Spigot waiting for me. Looking forward to giving it a try. My initial impressions are that this thing is VERY well made. It makes the Harris look like a pile of scrap metal.

Looks are one thing. I can't wait to test the function side by side with the Harris BRM-S.

Atlas_1140.jpg

The full review will be up on http://www.8541tactical.com in a couple weeks.

Re: Look what showed up today.

How well does the tension adjuster work?

Atlas is good to go!
Good choice brother.

I received my V8 today as well, it does make the Harris seem like a pile of crap. I like the fact that it is a cleaner look while mounted on the rifle, and that the legs can be stowed in either direction. The adjustment knob is tight but it is not really difficult to turn, supposed to loosen up after some use as far as I know.

The new tensioner works very well indeed.

I received my upgraded spigot from Kasey last week.It has totally transformed the Atlas to be the bipod of choice for the AI's.

With the new spigot it locks into place rock solid, no play or slop at all & it allows the bipod to do the work it is capable of.

Nice... kinda had my fingers crossed mine would turn up today as well.

Looks like a solid unit.

Im actually scared to use it when it turns up. I have a feeling my pockets will grow holes

Picatinny-attached Atlas here - same thing: beats Harris and GTG!
smile.gif

I will take it pm sent....Oh shit this isnt the for sale section........Just kidding..very nice it should serve you well.

If you aren't going to be taking it on and off every trip to the range, I recommend a little lock-tite on the spigot wheel threads. It tends to come a little loose after adjusting the cant a bunch of times. Locktited it in place and haven't had any issues since.

You'll enjoy that bipod.

Looks like it is built like a tank.

Lonewolf, you will like it. I got to shoot mine last week and was most impressed. Harris has been sent on closet patrol. At least for the AICS.

Enjoy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For right now I will be swapping between the Atlas and Harris. If I decide to keep the Atlas then I may take your suggestion. </div></div>Right on. You might find you don't need it anyhow- it DOES come with a lock washer. Just didn't seem to do the trick on my rig, but since lock-tightening it it has been solid.

I like the Atlas, to me it's easier to load the bipod/weapon compared to a Harris, especially on a A5 due to the angle of the fore end, A4 AICS and my new stock all have flat fore ends on the same plane as the butt hook so IMHO a Harris can be loaded, but not as easy a Atlas, I'm going to send mine in for a v8 upgraded after the Bash, for those who want this excellent bipod but don't have a rail to put it on I did a how to install in the gunsmithing section.