• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Looking for a Class 1 IR Handgun Laser?

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    If folks did not know, we're the exclusive distributor for the Laser Devices Las-Tac Class 1 IR laser and have been for a bit of time. We've sold a great number of these units to many satisfied customers.

While folks have used the system on a rifle, it was and is primarily designed for a handgun with a low power 0.1mW laser on board for specific handgun ranges. We worked and tested different IR diodes for 6 months with LDI and we feel this unit works extremely well for handguns. Water proof to 3m and the units head can also be replaced with a white visible LDI light.

LDI LAS/TAC 2 Class 1 IR Pistol Laser ? Tactical Night Vision Company
    LDI LAS/TAC 2 Class 1 IR Pistol Laser w/ Remote Switch ? Tactical Night Vision Company
    SNIPERS HIDE MEMBERS TAKE $25.00 OFF OUR RETAIL PRICE!

LASTAC2_C1_zpsc8c7bbfa.jpg

Last edited:
    I have mine mounted on my custom Ruger 10-22 and it is awesome for taking out night armadillos with a PVS-14 helmet mount:

Torch%20&%20Laser.jpg

Torch%20&%20Laser2.jpg

1022%20LASTAC%20IR.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20NO%20Filter%2030%20Yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20Filter%2030%20yards.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20175%20Yards%20NO%20Filter.jpg

LASTAC%20&%20DBAL%20D2%20Filter%20175%20Yards.jpg

I have it sighted in at 30 yards and the dillos never know what hit them...

Thanks for the comparison shots Skypup. I have a couple of accurized 10/22's, they shoot darn good!

Oh and to the folks who have emailed and PM'd us here. YES WE ARE HAVING A SNIPERS HIDE SPECIAL PRICE, TAKE OFF $25.00 FROM ANY OF THE LAS-TAC UNITS WE OFFER! Just give Jaimie a call and/or email sales at tnvc dot com to apply your Hide discount on these units. Thanks all!

Vic

There anything better coming out? Like the PEQ14 maybe? I looked and best I can tell, the PEQ14 IS eyesafe (well, what FDA calls eyesafe anyway, none of them are really). Laser is .7mW and the illuminator is 30mW but it looks like the same LED illum. as on the PVS14. Has white light and a red laser too I think. So why isn't that one out? Why haven't they asked for variance on PEQ14?

I don't need 25mW for my handgun, but I would like .7mW, and I would like the full package, an all in one that only needs one holster. Also I wish Surefire would make one with the adj. bezel for white/IR light.

There anything better coming out? Like the PEQ14 maybe? I looked and best I can tell, the PEQ14 IS eyesafe (well, what FDA calls eyesafe anyway, none of them are really). Laser is .7mW and the illuminator is 30mW but it looks like the same LED illum. as on the PVS14. Has white light and a red laser too I think. So why isn't that one out? Why haven't they asked for variance on PEQ14?

I don't need 25mW for my handgun, but I would like .7mW, and I would like the full package, an all in one that only needs one holster. Also I wish Surefire would make one with the adj. bezel for white/IR light.

Actually the IR laser in a PEQ-14 is 30mW. The IR illuminator is much lower in power.

It was reported on another forum just last night that LD has a new pistol laser coming out in the winter that was shown at SHOT. It will have all the bells and whistles; white light, red laser as well as IR laser and IR illuminator.

Last edited:
    Actually the IR laser in a PEQ-14 is 30mW. The IR illuminator is mucgh lower in power.

It was reported on another forum just last night that LD has a new pistol laser coming out in the winter that was shown at SHOT. It will have all the bells and whistles; white light, red laser as well as IR laser and IR illuminator.

As well as low power Class 1 laser option of course. We handled the prototype Lith model last year where we made some recommendations and the newest version was at AUSA where we've been at. We'll have more info on this unit very soon.

Vic

Victor, i called into your site a week ago and was told that the laser was not recommended for rifles. not due to the power but due to variances in "mil spec 1913" rails and slop in the mounting. any info on that? also, was told that the rail models that would fit a 1913 rail are all backordered until some unknown time?

Hi Skaer/ Yea, some of the rifle rails we see at times are WAY out of spec, not the mount. I also do not like mounting these on rifles due to height over bore snags (but that's me). Some still mount them with success on a rifle. We've had a huge run on these and I know LDI is working OT to meet demand with the buying season close in. I will be checking with them next week on their stock status. Thanks!

Vic

Last edited:
    I have mine mounted on my Ruger 10-22, see pics above, you will need four slots of rail for a solid hook up.

Olight%20LASTAC%20Torch%20Pro.jpg

This thing wacks armadillos all the time!

Torch%20Pro%20LASTAC%20IR.jpg

Torch%20&%20Laser.jpg