• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

looking for a good .22 LR training rifle

[email protected]

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2012
I want a very accurate 22 LR that i can go out on a nice day and just zing 1/2" groups at 50 yards with, but im not looking to spend a ton of money, lets say keep it around or under $500 (not scoped)

For that price I don't believe you could go wrong with the CZ line of rifles! The 452 and 455 Varmint should do the job! They can be made to shoot extremely well, they usually come with pretty crappy triggers from the factory. I swapped the spring out for an ACE Hardware #144 spring and now have a light, consistent, creep free 2lb pull on my 452. Great shooters! Hope this helps!

Thats what i have been looking at (455 varmint), i like the idea of the trigger will that work on the 455 as well?

Also what scope mounts work on the 455, just any ol' CZ scope mounts?

For that price I don't believe you could go wrong with the CZ line of rifles! The 452 and 455 Varmint should do the job! They can be made to shoot extremely well, they usually come with pretty crappy triggers from the factory. I swapped the spring out for an ACE Hardware #144 spring and now have a light, consistent, creep free 2lb pull on my 452. Great shooters! Hope this helps!

+1

CZ something, swap the trigger spring, slap on scope and bipod.
Done.

...oh and some ammo...don't forget the ammo...

Thats what i have been looking at (455 varmint), i like the idea of the trigger will that work on the 455 as well?

Also what scope mounts work on the 455, just any ol' CZ scope mounts?

Yes, trigger spring is the same. I use the yodave kit, but any spring that fits will work.

Scope mounts is usually 11mm, but many will get a DIP picatinny rail for it, and use picatinny mounts.

Cz 452 is a great platform. With the right ammo 1/2 groups should be no problem. My 452 is in a Boyd stock bedded with some trigger work and with eley match rifle I can shout .3 groups all day long

If you bought the American model I would go with the Leupold 13mm rimfire rings in high and the Leupold rimfire EFR scope this is a great combo. I can shoot 1 ragged hole groups with it all day using wolf or standard plus ammo. If you went with the varmint I have had great luck with the Burris deluxe rings and the Weaver classic v series scopes.