• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for a gunsmith

mese341

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2013
Duluth,Mn
So I bought a barreled action off of the hide and ups stole it yes they admitted someone stole the barreled action out of the box and left just the bolt. Now I have to get quotes as to how much it would cost to build the barreled action again. Who would you guys go to?

It was by no means the sellers or either ffls fault its all ups fault so now just trying to price everything out so I can get it built again

It was by no means the sellers or either ffls fault its all ups fault so now just trying to price everything out so I can get it built again
Totally. I’d get some expensive quotes and then you have to find an action.

Not sure where you're located, but local to Utah there are a couple great smiths - Preece Precision and Central Utah Precision Rifle. Turn around time for these guys is usually ~1 month. Compare with 6 months from GA Precision.

Fascinating that they left the bolt. Too much of a hurry? Or didn't know it existed?

Sorry for your loss, consider it a chance at a new beginning.

Fascinating that they left the bolt. Too much of a hurry? Or didn't know it existed?

Sorry for your loss, consider it a chance at a new beginning.
I have no idea and sure it's a bummer but gives me a chance to go to a 3 lug 60 degree action and I am going to keep the Same length barrel and gonna have it fluted like the previous one that got lost