• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for a McCann Industries MIRS rail for Rem 700 LA

Headshot2020

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2012
I am looking for a McCann Industries MIRS rail for Rem 700 LA for MK 13 Mod 0 build. I used a MK 13 in Iraq and finally have the time and means to build one. I think any MOA will work. Also, I point in the right direction for the L shape barrel lug would be greatly appreciated. I know, the two hardest pieces to find.

I am looking for a McCann Industries MIRS rail for Rem 700 LA for MK 13 Mod 0 build. I used a MK 13 in Iraq and finally have the time and means to build one. I think any MOA will work. Also, I point in the right direction for the L shape barrel lug would be greatly appreciated. I know, the two hardest pieces to find.
The gentlemen in this forum can definitely help you. Thank you for your service.

I have a reproduction L lug that came with my return stocks. I was able to get a few issue lugs - so this repro is a spare. If ya'd like it, DM me and I can send it out to you free of charge. Would love to hear more about your experience with one in Iraq.

I have a reproduction L lug that came with my return stocks. I was able to get a few issue lugs - so this repro is a spare. If ya'd like it, DM me and I can send it out to you free of charge. Would love to hear more about your experience with one in Iraq.
Thank you, that is greatly appreciated. I may take you up on the offer, I've got a line on one but after talking with one of my old mentors and companions this is turning into two builds. I have no problems talking about my experience in Iraq or Afghanistan. I am a Green Beret and served in Iraq 2003, 04, 05, 06 and 07. After being put out to pasture I dropped a flight packet and flew Apaches in Afghanistan 2011, 12, 14 and 15.

Welcome aboard... you will find Buffalowinter here (10th group guy) a great source of info. And Massoud is an ex 5th group guy, I think. He owns KRG and has several SF guys working with him

You ever run into “Sgt. Bull” at either the schoolhouse or 5th Group?

You are in the right place for your build. This is sort of “The Gentleman’s Club” of the Hide. A lot of knowledge and none of the BS of the Bear Pit and some of the other areas of SH.

Ton of very, very knowledgeable people here. Welcome!

Sirhr

Welcome aboard... you will find Buffalowinter here (10th group guy) a great source of info. And Massoud is an ex 5th group guy, I think. He owns KRG and has several SF guys working with him

You ever run into “Sgt. Bull” at either the schoolhouse or 5th Group?

You are in the right place for your build. This is sort of “The Gentleman’s Club” of the Hide. A lot of knowledge and none of the BS of the Bear Pit and some of the other areas of SH.

Ton of very, very knowledgeable people here. Welcome!

Sirhr
Thank you. If Massoud owns KRG then yes I know him, he was in my company. Sgt. Bull I know very well, he was my Sniper instructor at SOTIC level I. Well, next table over but he taught me more than my actual instructor and was my NCOIC at the level II course at Campbell. We have done many shoots and competitions together, Camp Perry, Fort Meade, Quantico, and Camp Atterbury. The later was an interesting shoot, a week testing new 300WM and 338 Lapua rounds for Crane out to 1700.

Last edited:
Thank you. If Massoud owns KRG then yes I know him, he was in my company. Sgt. Bull I know very well, he was my Sniper instructor at SOTIC level I. Well, next table over but he taught me more than my actual instructor and was my NCOIC at the level II course at Campbell. We have done many shoots and competitions together, Camp Perry, Fort Meade, Quantico, and Camp Atterbury. The later was an interesting shoot, a week testing new 300WM and 338 Lapua rounds for Crane out to 1700.
When was your time spent at Atterbury?