• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a new wallet

JustG

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2013
Looking for a new leather wallet. My head hurts from looking through the web.

I'm asking my SH brothers to post what you carry so I can copy lol

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I offer a vote for coach also. Hippo leather one. In my business I carry around a lot of cash and I'm really hard on wallets. They usually last a year and a half tops. This coach wallet my wife got me is going on 3 years and will most likely last a fair bit longer. The stitching is done well and the hippo leather seems to hold up better than cowhide. I think she spent about $50 on it.

Probably not going to happen.The local election judges all know me, and as my politics and theirs likely differ, I wouldn't have much success. The other thing is as I usually hold my nose and vote for the evil of two lessers, I'd likely run out of air.

Check out JB Hill, a custom boot maker in El Paso, I had a pair of boots made and they gave me one. Some are expensive but not all, the inexpensive one I have is great, before that I had a Filson wallet which was nice too but the leather on the JB Hill is much better

I'll sell you mine. It's a tactical sniper wallet. $20. Leather, bi-fold. My ass has softened it and worked it into a nice round ass conforming mold.

I'll sell you mine. It's a tactical sniper wallet. $20. Leather, bi-fold. My ass has softened it and worked it into a nice round ass conforming mold.

I'm sure your ass has done more than just that..

And the other guy in here. Yeah, seriously. I don't like cheap shit, I like to invest my money on quality that will last. Go buy your Walmart wallet and have to replace it in a year.

A few months ago I had to replace mine and Google ad sense was showing me bellroy like it was going out of style so I bought a card sleeve or slim sleeve and carry less cap now. It is a nice way to make you stop carrying 8 million things in your wallet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I have a carhart. It appears fine, but I am sure it is broken as well. It has been incapable of retaining any cash for many years.

Ryan

I buy a standard bi-fold and cut it half. There is enough in one half to place the cards I use, licenses, and a little folded cash. It lasts allot longer than a normal wallet because I am not folding the whole thing every time I use it. When that half wears out (about two years), I pull put the unused other half from my night stand and repeat........

A Coronado leather bi fold has been dominating my scyatic nerve for a while now. 2 years and doesn't even look broken in yet. Pretty damn durable leather. It will get pretty thick if you carry a bunch of shopper reward cards and all that other shit though.

several of the above (not all) are imported from China and India. I always go USA if I can. I just don't get the coach rave. 200 plus dollar purse made in good old China.

Last edited:
Buy your wife a coach and a coach knock off and she'll let you know in about a year which she prefers. Don't tell her which is which. In the beginning you won't tell the difference.

$200 for a purse she will use almost everyday that will last her for decades, $4000 on a rifle that hopefully you can use every weekend for decades. I love my wife and I love shooting. It's a small price to pay for a happy wife that leads to a happy life. I've bought her more than one that has been more than $200 too.

I'm down with the made in USA though.

Skinny wallet. This will be the only wallet I will ever buy.

I'm sure your ass has done more than just that..

And the other guy in here. Yeah, seriously. I don't like cheap shit, I like to invest my money on quality that will last. Go buy your Walmart wallet and have to replace it in a year.

I'm on my second wallet that I have purchased in 16 years. I just purchased it 2 weeks ago and it looks brand- spanking new. It looks nice, feels nice (not cutting off circulation when sitting) functional and it appears it will give me another 16 years of life. Thanks walmart! I'm so glad I didn't empty my last wallet just to buy another!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm on my second wallet that I have purchased in 16 years. I just purchased it 2 weeks ago and it looks brand- spanking new. It looks nice, feels nice (not cutting off circulation when sitting) functional and it appears it will give me another 16 years of life. Thanks walmart! I'm so glad I didn't empty my last wallet just to buy another!

Buy your wife a coach and a coach knock off and she'll let you know in about a year which she prefers. Don't tell her which is which. In the beginning you won't tell the difference.

$200 for a purse she will use almost everyday that will last her for decades, $4000 on a rifle that hopefully you can use every weekend for decades. I love my wife and I love shooting. It's a small price to pay for a happy wife that leads to a happy life. I've bought her more than one that has been more than $200 too.

I'm down with the made in USA though.
Oh I'm on board with you all the way. Happy wife=happy life. She is sitting on several coach purses. I am simply stating we/they pay premium dollar for a purse that is made in China.

I've got a Duct Tape wallet that a friend's daughter made for me. It's passed up three years so far, and when it starts getting thin, I slap another layer of duct tape on to keep it together.

This. Mine is in its third year and is only getting better with age. Saddleback Leather knows how leather is done right. Full grain is the only way to go, and they make some bad ass other stuff too including cool as hell leather gun gear. I love the company's story and their other projects as well. It's an American business the way American businesses should be.

It will be the last wallet you'll ever buy.