• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for a specific AR-15 barrel

Check with Craddock precision. They will spin you up whatever you want and get it the exact way you want.

Reactions: Hesperidins
I may build an AR-15 and may want the following barrel:

* Wylde
* 1:7 (8 would be acceptable as well)
* 18"
* Heavy
* Mid-length
* Spiral fluted
* Stainless (black would be 2nd choice)

I've only found https://apocarmory.com/18-223-wylde-stainless-spiral-fluted-1-8-mid-length-heavy-barrel/ so far. Anybody know of any others?

Thank you.
Out of curiosity, why mid-length gas? My 18" MK12 is rifle length, as are they all, and it is 100% reliable.
As said above, give Frank a call at CLE. He has been making accurate barrels for ARs for 30+ years.

Last edited:
I think I would focus more on the barrel maker vs what color and fluting is on it. Check truesportingarms.com they usually have alot of different blackhole weaponry barrels with different flutes in stock. If you are ok with waiting bhw or Excalibur will do exactly what you want for a pretty good price. Not saying they are a bartlein from Craddock, but I have had good luck with both and either will blow a bear creek out of the water.

Out of curiosity, why mid-length gas? My 18" MK12 is rifle length, as are they all, and it is 100% reliable.
As said above, give Frank a call at CLE. He has been making accurate barrels for ARs for 30+ years.
I'm not dead set on mid-length. I saw info suggesting either length.

As I look through sites suggested in this thread I'm certainly seeing that rifle length seems to be more common. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, @NukeMMC.

Last edited:
I think I would focus more on the barrel maker vs what color and fluting is on it. Check truesportingarms.com they usually have alot of different blackhole weaponry barrels with different flutes in stock. If you are ok with waiting bhw or Excalibur will do exactly what you want for a pretty good price. Not saying they are a bartlein from Craddock...
If it were for me, I'd totally agree. But sometimes kids want their "toys" to look a certain way. Thank you for the other info.

Last edited:
You could also check Wilson Combat-my Grendel is a shooter. Suggestions above for CLE and WOA also excellent refs.