• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking For a USP-45 Tactical Leg Holster

RLinNH

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2019
I was really hoping that Safari Land made a drop leg holster for the USP-45 tactical. I have a 15% off coupon from the purchase of a drop leg holster for my FN-509T. But, no dice. Does anyone here know of a reputable company that makes a drop leg holster for this firearm?

Can I ask why you want a drop leg instead of something like a Safariland UBL midride? The mid ride area is pretty well liked across 90% or so of shooters as about perfect for below belt, but not too far.

Can I ask why you want a drop leg instead of something like a Safariland UBL midride? The mid ride area is pretty well liked across 90% or so of shooters as about perfect for below belt, but not too far.
Looking for a Holster that I can wear comfortably while also having a rifle slung. My apologies for not knowing, but I have never heard of a mid ride holster. Most stuff that I know about firearms and holsters was taught to me by the Marine Corps, and I was not a SOCJTF Marine. Just a simple 0311. I guess I have more research to do. Thank you sir for the lead

Looking for a Holster that I can wear comfortably while also having a rifle slung. My apologies for not knowing, but I have never heard of a mid ride holster. Most stuff that I know about firearms and holsters was taught to me by the Marine Corps, and I was not a SOCJTF Marine. Just a simple 0311. I guess I have more research to do. Thank you sir for the lead
I can make that research a little quicker....

Generally speaking, I don't know of anyone who prefers a full drop leg over something along the lines of a UBL set up. Essentially, they're pretty out of date and are normally too long while also putting all the weight lopsided on your leg. The exceptions are:
-LARP'ers
-Guys with arms longer than their knees
-Rare/Unique duty/combat set ups that require drop leg.

There are multiple companies who make a mid-ride or low-ride style setup. Some are not adjustable like the Safariland UBL mid/low ride and some are more modern using the plate based system common in USPSA, but adapted for more heavy duty use.
-Safariland UBL (usually accompanied by QLS attachments)
-True North Concepts modular plate system
-Wilder Tactical modular plate system

On all 3 of these, you would use a direct mount with screws via a holster cut for QLS or Haley RTI... OR you an get a quick attach system like the Haley RTI or Safariland QLS so you can swithc holsters on the same UBL setup quickly.

I have the True North and the Safariland UBL mid ride. I like both. Both drop the pistol so that the backstrap of the pistol rides around the top of the belt line at highest, and around the bottom of the belt line, or slightly lower, at the lowest. This allows body armor to clear that area without pinching and allows the rifle sling to rest across the side stomach area without tangling on a belt holster.

Reactions: S12A
For foot patrol purposes if a drop leg holster was the only option the pistol would stay behind. Learned that lesson the hard way as a fellow 0311.

UBL on duty belt with suspenders is best for me.

Reactions: Gustav7 and RLinNH