• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for Gun shops with higher end optics around Orem UT (SLC - Provo area)

Luky

19D20E9
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2012
San Diego, Kalifornia
I will be in Orem UT all next week to oversee a couple of rework projects in our "new" manufacturing plant. I was hoping to find some decent gun stores there (unlike Kalifornia) to check out. Does anyone know any shops in that area that carry better optics like NF, Vortex Razor II, US Optics, S&B, etc? I would like to get my hands on some to look through, feel the knobs/clicks etc as I am thinking I may be getting (myself) a new xmas present to upgrade my 6-24 FFP Viper PST... ;) Nobody around San Diego seems to carry the nicer scopes and I hesitate to drop that kind of coin without playing with one first.

Thanks...

Sir -

There are two shops I would stop by. "Gunnies" and "Get some guns and ammo". Both are about 5 minutes away from each other in Orem. Gunnies is my favorite gun store, I miss living there. Good prices and plenty of inventory.

Gunnies: 396 S State St, Orem, UT 84058
Get Some: 935 N 1200 W, Orem, UT 8405

I know Gunnies has Vortex and some higher end Leupolds. Get some has Vortex as well as well as Leupolds and Nightforces.

If you are ever in the Orange County CA area, "Fowlers" has Smidth and Bender, Nightforce, and Higher end leupolds on the floor. They are fun to look through, but I would never buy from them. They are super nice people, just extremely over priced.

Have fun!!!

Have you called Gallensons they have the best prices, but they are in SLC. Which scopes are you looking at? There was just a post about the scope shootout deal and it compares all of them. Check that out to have your homework done first to narrow down your search. Some shops push more products over others because they have better mark up or some sales goals to get some goodies. But Fowlers is awesome like johnsta said. Even Cabelas has some scopes on hand to check out. What are you using your optic for? Hunting? Or target shooting? .. or both?

I second Gunnies, great store and large supply of reloading gear too.

Bill

Just over priced on everything

For today's standards, I wouldn't say they are over priced for a store. It is hard to compete with online retailers who have minimal overhead. The fact that they have inventory that is typically only stocked by online shops says something. Just my opinion...When I lived there I always appreciated that I can hop in the car and head over to gunnies and buy some reloading components that I wanted NOW, instead of waiting for shipping.

To the OP, check them out, it is a great store.

For today's standards, I wouldn't say they are over priced for a store. It is hard to compete with online retailers who have minimal overhead. The fact that they have inventory that is typically only stocked by online shops says something. Just my opinion...When I lived there I always appreciated that I can hop in the car and head over to gunnies and buy some reloading components that I wanted NOW, instead of waiting for shipping.

To the OP, check them out, it is a great store.
Oh I think they are great. Just Gallensons is way better on prices Internet retailers or not. But the gas to drive the 42 or so miles may not be cost effective for the OP

Thanks guys. Stopped at impact guns in SLC on my way from the airport yesterday. Not much in optics but the guy said all their good stuff was in the Ogden location. :(

Also stopped in at Gunnies as it was near the place I had dinner last night. Great "old time" gun store, nothing like it in San Diego. Lots of stock of reloading stuff, ammo, guns etc. Lots of bullets but no 178 amax (just 168) and no .308 brass (tons of Winchester .270 brass). Still very busy right before closing. But no NF, S&B or Razor HD scopes. Lots of leupy though. Will probably try get some guns tonight. Looking for a beast, razor gen II 4.5-27x56 or 5-25x56 PMII scopes. (Probably wont find em but I can look).

I am in a rental on an expense report so gas is not a problem so much as limited time after work. Maybe I can stop at Gallensons on my way to the airport Friday. Will have to Google map it to find the location.

So I stopped at cabelas and Gallensons on the way to the airport Friday. Didn't see anything special optic wise. A few NF and Gen I Razors. Picked up some 10 round LR308 pmags for my CA legal build and got a box of 178 Amax from Cabelas. Saw some 8lbs of BLC2 at Gallensens I would have bought but couldn't take em on the plane... :( It was fun visiting all the gun stores out of CA and remembering what it was like when I lived in a normal place.

We spent the holiday weekend at my buddies bosses 800 acre ranch on top of Mt Palomar (only about an hour from our house). A couple of small lakes for fishing/swimming, horses, cabins to sleep in, lots of places to hike, shoot and hunt (saw wild turkeys and deer running around in the woods). Even got my anti-gun wife to shoot a few rounds out of the glock and a few mags out of the 10/22 for the first time. And she didn't freak out with my carrying a pistol all weekend (rattle snakes and mountain lions around). 17 years and I am finally wearing her down on the guns for protection topic. Had my 8yo daughter ringing 4" steel disks at 50 yards with the .22 shooting for the first time. :D She even shot a mag out of my AR. (I might have to build a pink hello kitty rifle now; and my wife thought she wouldn't like it). It so makes me want to move to a normal state.

Wish I'd seen this thread a few days earlier. Impact Guns in Ogden has a decent selection of NF, S&B and a couple of others and would have been worth the drive.

Scheels, which is a big box store kinda like Cabella's, had a good selection of high end scopes last time I stopped in

[MENTION=74711]Luky[/MENTION]

Have you checked out Precision Arms in Escondido? They have a few NF and Leupy scopes you could take a look at...