• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost my best friend today.

Wish I had words to ease the pain. I am sincerely sorry for the loss. There is no loss like a lost dog. Nothing in Life prepares us for that. I miss them all.

VooDoo

I've lost a parent, granted, the relationship wasn't great.. and 4 grandparents... My maternal grandfather was "My Dad". He gave me blood wings at Benning. Oddly the dog is more emotional. I'm not sure what to make of that.

I've lost a parent, granted, the relationship wasn't great.. and 4 grandparents... My maternal grandfather was "My Dad". He gave me blood wings at Benning. Oddly the dog is more emotional. I'm not sure what to make of that.
I know what you mean. Been there. Balled like a baby over a stupid cat. He was my buddy. IDK.

Sorry for your loss. been there like many others and it truly sucks losing a true love

Reactions: 338dude
1583559540250.jpeg

F89EC2D7-F25F-4CA4-9062-5B128E3870AF.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. Don't wait too long to get another. Your heart will grow to make room.

She will be waiting for you when your time is up. Good men and their good dogs always get reunited again in the end.
Just about made a religion post. Backed off at last second - no need to crap in this thread.

So sorry for your loss. Been there myself.
I've heard it said that you will know you are in heaven when every dog you have ever had runs up to great you.dog in your dreams.JPG

Worst part of owning a dog... but the hurt is paled in comparison to the love and friendship that they gave. I'm sorry for your loss. Its truly losing a family member.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
My deepest condolences. My heart breaks with yours, but I’m reminded the good years we’ve given our pups and I wouldn’t trade my pain for the world. It reminds me how much and how deeply they have been loved.

Had to put down my dog this afternoon. She gave me a great 14 years and it's going to suck without her. I got her for my oldest son when he was 7 and she was with us long enough to get to spend 9 months with my twins. View attachment 7538593View attachment 7538594
I can only offer my condolences and say I know exactly how you feel the dog for me has been great Danes for nearly 40 years now because of their size their average lifespan is only about eight years again I offer my condolences and understand how you feel it will get better but it will take time and in
DE926B8E-54C3-4F3D-9EFF-50C78C738D53.jpeg
time a new companion
663234E0-3E62-4395-92BE-216AEE086FC7.jpeg

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
Sorry you lost your best friend. It's been almost a year since mine passed. I didn't get another critter because at the time, I didn't think COVID was going to prevent a surgery I needed to get done. Now, a year later no surgery and no new dog. But you'll get another as will I, dogs are just too special to not have around.

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my "big boy" a year and a half ago; he was 12. My other 2 are now 12 and 11 so we got a pup who is now 6 months. Letting the old ones "school" the pup!

Attachments

• Xmas pups.jpg
    Xmas pups.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-2670.JPG
    IMG-2670.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
condolences on the loss of your best friend. will take a long time to get over but the memories of the good times will always be with you.
i went through the same a great many years ago with my best friend, my daughter even remembers him and she was only a toddler at the time. the day i took him to the vet to get the bad news he looked up at me and i cried like a baby. even writing this i am getting choked up teary eyed remembering that sad day in my life.

20191226221232_03.jpg

Sorry for your loss, pets are always there when you walk in the door and want to go with you when you leave, its hard to lose a loved one. God Bless you and the family

The pack has lost a brave and loyal member.
She will be missed in the home and on the hunt.
The pack will be less without her
But the pack is stronger for having known her and the unwavering devotion she taught us.

my daughter wrote those words when our wonderful yellow lab passed; they grew up together as a 7 month old puppy when she came home from the hospital.
that dog was her best friend , ultimate advocate, fearsome protector and as dogs do taught little girl about friendship loyalty and selflessness.
the wife says God gave us dogs because we as a species need to learn a lot about being nobility and friendship.

Feel for you bro.

Lost our very first dog back in August, and his brother is hanging on by a thread.

May the memories, pictures, and stories bring you comfort.

• Love
I can't add much more to what has already been said here, other than to say I've been there and know how badly you feel now. I lost Gunny 1 1/2 years ago. My best friend, besides the wife. He would tuck me in at night, then go to sleep under the bed. Don't know if it's worse to lose them suddenly, as with the Gunny, or over a period of time. He was an abused G.S. mutt that was so grateful to have a forever home. I still feel that he is looking over and protecting the wife and I.

You never forget the great ones..............................

Sorry for your loss. The hardest thing I have ever done is having to put a pet down.