• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost parts during shipping

turbohardtop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Austin, TX
So my friends and I all are having issues with DBAL draining the battery. We contacted the manufacture and they were having us sending the units back for repair. My friend shipped 3 units back to the manufacture and they received the box intact with 1 unit. Has anyone ran into this issue before? What are the chances of getting proper coverage for the losses?

Re: Lost parts during shipping

If you didn't insure the package for the value of 3 units, completely 0.

If you did insure for the value of 3 and can prove it and demonstrate that there were 3 units inside when you gave responsibility to the shipper, slim.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no insurance, no luck. Sorry. </div></div>

Even if the content is lost by Fedex? We can show that they got 3 units when drop off and the box got rebox by someone after the drop off?
I would not call this a lost item but rather stolen one.

Thank you for all your feedback. Unfortunately, I could not take out any ins. on this package due to the restriction at the shipping place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chu2001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Unfortunately, I could not take out any ins. on this package due to the restriction at the shipping place. </div></div>

WTF does that mean?

They forced you to surrender your property with no responsibilty?

Yeap, pretty much. I shipped it through my company personal shipment and they don't allow any ins. taken on package. I used that before to send several packages and never have any problem with it. I guess I learned this time the hard way.

Will see what Fedex can come up with.