• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lothar Walther CZ 455 results

Before you screw a LW barrel in a vudoo and post this here, you better build a Trump like wall around your farm ?
I won't need the wall I got this guy for that!
bookerbuddy.jpg

I bought a LW barrel for my 457. fit little loose but much better than factory or lilja that I put on a 455. headspace measured .045 . at range it shot big 2s &small 3s with sk rm. pulled barrel put in my lathe set shoulder back to headspace at .043. at range it shot the same. pulled barrel put in lathe knurled then skim cut till I got snug fit in action. cleaned action & barrel mixed jb kwik glued & screwed together. now shoots big 1s & small 2s best so far .147 all shot at 50 yds.

yes it was. others were debating shimed vs not. I bought lilja for my 455, cost $140.00 more than LW. had to use .005&.003 shim to get headspace at .043 . gun shot about 1 foot lower on target at 50 yds. with same scope as factory barrel.did not shoot a lot better than fact. barrel. then did same work on barrel as did on LW except machined .008 off end to do away with shims. then had to adj. scope back close to where it was with fact barrel. now that gun shoots low 3s. I was not happy with that much invested. if I do this again it will be with LW barrel

yes it was. others were debating shimed vs not. I bought lilja for my 455, cost $140.00 more than LW. had to use .005&.003 shim to get headspace at .043 . gun shot about 1 foot lower on target at 50 yds. with same scope as factory barrel.did not shoot a lot better than fact. barrel. then did same work on barrel as did on LW except machined .008 off end to do away with shims. then had to adj. scope back close to where it was with fact barrel. now that gun shoots low 3s. I was not happy with that much invested. if I do this again it will be with LW barrel
That's good to hear. I have been thinking about a LW 17 HM2 barrel for my Tikka.

to Kisssofdeath. Dude, I do not know what you are talking about. you have posted this same reply 3 other times asking if I shot 1 group and went home . jan.21 jan.25 jan.28 & now I shot 10, 5 shot groups each time I went to range while testing the changes I made. I just posted these results today may 20

Last edited:
Hill Billy, that quote you see is just a sarcasm in his signature. Shows on any and every post he makes. Suppose to be a funny.

I think................

Nodak, Ok, thanks for letting me know. I really did not know what he was talking about.

I realize this is a resurrected topic from January that has seen some recent action, but figured I'd drop in my 0.2c worth. I purchased an AT-ONE 457 a month ago and in the good graces of a simulated bank account, decided to try a LW drop in. I tested one day across 3 ammo types and none of them shot bad at all. The best was Center X though, producing several same hole and cloverleaf groups at 50. Fast forward a couple weeks and went to a .22 PRS match and shot remarkably well, this coming from someone that has shot more in the last couple months than I have in. 13+ years (thanks Ex wife).

The top picture is the LW barrel, bottom is factory. Not a HUGE change, but that upper right corner of Center X was quite good.

Edit:

The top row is SK Long Range (yellow box)
The center left and below is SK Rifle Match (red box)
The second row right side and the two under it were 3 groups of Center X

Several of the shots are getting back on paper after the swap, I don't have a boresight.

Attachments

• 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200429162259753_COVER-COLLAGE.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200429162259753_COVER-COLLAGE.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200502121925921_COVER.jpg
    00000IMG_00000_BURST20200502121925921_COVER.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Reactions: oldiephrt
I realize this is a resurrected topic from January that has seen some recent action, but figured I'd drop in my 0.2c worth. I purchased an AT-ONE 457 a month ago and in the good graces of a simulated bank account, decided to try a LW drop in. I tested one day across 3 ammo types and none of them shot bad at all. The best was Center X though, producing several same hole and cloverleaf groups at 50. Fast forward a couple weeks and went to a .22 PRS match and shot remarkably well, this coming from someone that has shot more in the last couple months than I have in. 13+ years (thanks Ex wife).

The top picture is the LW barrel, bottom is factory. Not a HUGE change, but that upper right corner of Center X was quite good.

Edit:

The top row is SK Long Range (yellow box)
The center left and below is SK Rifle Match (red box)
The second row right side and the two under it were 3 groups of Center X

Several of the shots are getting back on paper after the swap, I don't have a boresight.
my 457 is in same stock, inletting was very loose, that little half moon bed block was loose in stock and in action. I bed it front & rear of action. tightened groups about 30%. this was when factory barrel was still on. you should see improvement if you bed yours.less fliers.

I had reason to test my Lothar Walther barrel today with CCI clean 22 subsonic.

To my surprise I was able to get quarter inch groups. It does not like the super sonic clean 22. For standard velocity ammo it seems to like Lapua an awful lot. It also seems to like RWS.

@Tcoddington - how're you getting on with the LW barrel?
The barrel for accuracy is top notch. The one thing I notice is groups will open as the barrel gets dirty and it gets dirty pretty quick. I would say it is perfect for the first 80 rounds and will slowly start opening up. A couple quick patches and the process starts over again. Lapua ammo and this barrel really seem to be a great combo.

The barrel for accuracy is top notch. The one thing I notice is groups will open as the barrel gets dirty and it gets dirty pretty quick. I would say it is perfect for the first 80 rounds and will slowly start opening up. A couple quick patches and the process starts over again. Lapua ammo and this barrel really seem to be a great combo.

Glad to hear it - thanks for the update!