• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Louisiana members.. check in here.

Northeast Looooosiana here. Round Oak Grove. Bout 20 min from AR and 20 min to miss river. Come shoot with me LOL

Thibodaux, La ... I shoot at Lafourche range on HWY 182 (membership), I really like the range they are about to have all the stations up for the sporting clay....I can shoot anytime of the week if anyone wants to go goof off. AR's, Rifle, 10/22, handgun, whatever...

Prairieville

Shoot at Palo
vy2e3azy.jpg

Might be digging up old bones here, but checking in from Livingston! Brand new shooter (long distance at least) trying to plan out my first precision rifle and get into the sport. I seen a few of y'all are from around the same area as well. I'm not sure if y'all are still active in the forums, but if so and would be up for sharing some knowledge sometime, pm me and let me know!

Reactions: SAMR
Originally from Denham Springs, currently in Las Vegas. I will likely be moving back to the area in a year and a half when the kids finish high school.

Originally from Denham Springs, currently in Las Vegas. I will likely be moving back to the area in a year and a half when the kids finish high school.

That's awesome man. I lived in Denham for a short while growing up but spent most of my life in Central. Look forward to having you back out this way!

New member here in NOLA. Anyone know of PRS closer than Alexandria? Thanks.

Re: Louisiana members.. check in here.

Right outside NO in St John Parish, both JL 1911 and I are here!!!
I want to go to KM Precision's training course, did you go?

Hey guys, I rarely come on here but I have a private range that members come to and shoot. Im in Forest Hill. Right now Im set up for 1500yds. Give me a PM and lets set up some range days. I do work on a rotation so I might be offshore at times.

Any of you guys shooting out passed 1k in LA

Yes - the main setup is around 1100 yards, but if the range is quiet you can shoot out to 1350. The owner is working on a plan to push out to 2000 yards.
Wow that’s pretty cool, if so. The only thing that gave me pause with them it seemed expensive and only seemed to have access to the range on certain days.

Wow that’s pretty cool, if so. The only thing that gave me pause with them it seemed expensive and only seemed to have access to the range on certain days.

Accurate on both counts - it’s $1000 a year and the range is occasionally closed. The first 100 members got it for 1000 for 2 years (I got in early) which shifts the cost/benefit quite a bit.

Availability has been a lot better recently. We’re discussing some changes (different firing lane) which would get us to 2000 yards and improve availability to 100%.

Accurate on both counts - it’s $1000 a year and the range is occasionally closed. The first 100 members got it for 1000 for 2 years (I got in early) which shifts the cost/benefit quite a bit.

Availability has been a lot better recently. We’re discussing some changes (different firing lane) which would get us to 2000 yards and improve availability to 100%.
His membership cost is nuts. I pay just under 1/4 of that and can shoot whenever I want to 600 yards. I can go to FTS and pay $25 to shoot all day up to 950. I know Brannon, he's a good dude. But I would never pay those prices.

His membership cost is nuts. I pay just under 1/4 of that and can shoot whenever I want to 600 yards. I can go to FTS and pay $25 to shoot all day up to 950. I know Brannon, he's a good dude. But I would never pay those prices.

If you’re closer to FTS, their annual membership is only $250 and their facility is top notch. The extra hour each way is worth the extra $250 a year for me, but I think a few of the nolatac guys might be jumping ship when renewals come up.

If you’re closer to FTS, their annual membership is only $250 and their facility is top notch. The extra hour each way is worth the extra $250 a year for me, but I think a few of the nolatac guys might be jumping ship when renewals come up.
That's kind of what I figured would happen and I hate to see it. I want them to be successful but theres no way I can support those prices. I know my budget won't be the same as the next guy but I just don't see enough people willing to pay that much and on top of that not be able to access the range as you please.

That's kind of what I figured would happen and I hate to see it. I want them to be successful but theres no way I can support those prices. I know my budget won't be the same as the next guy but I just don't see enough people willing to pay that much and on top of that not be able to access the range as you please.
I feel the same way. It’s mostly an issue because it’s not feasible for me to put up 1000$ a year for range time, especially if I don’t know if it will be available when I’m available. Not an issue with quality of the facilities or location.

Lafayette checking in! Right now I shoot at Fusilier. Man how I wish they would extend the range a bit. They have plenty of land to do it.

Fixing to move to northshore, Madisonville. Coming from West Texas and the ranges out here have spoiled me. What are some long ranges somewhat close to me that I should look into?

Thanks,

Reactions: aard3
Hi,

Ok so let's revive this thread.....
Active La members please check-in........

Myself and Hoplite Arms have just recently transplanted to right NE of Covington between Franklinton and Sun.....

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm in Madisonville.

Bedico Shooting Range is 100 yards, but he has a 500 yard range is only open if you call ahead. Just one or two pieces of steel.. it's not much

FTS is in cutoff (about a 1.5-2 hr drive from northshore). Goes to 930~... great place, great people

Pascagoula Shooting Range (It's club, yearly membership only) has 600 yards, but last time I was there no steel. I shot some benchrest matches with my PRS gun there.

LPRC has matches in Pioneer (north LA, near monroe)... I've been to several

Bossier City here. I shoot at Long Range Alley, just south of Shreveport. Their KD range goes out to 1,000.

@THEIS, that’s surprising to hear of your relocation. At any rate, welcome to Louisiana!