• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Louisiana members.. check in here.

Since several PRS shooters got elected to the board last year, maybe they’ll have a better chance than ever. It would be nice to have matches to shoot down there.

Anybody shooting the .22 match over there this weekend?
I really wanted to be at the 22 match. First one near us and I work. But thats usually how it goes for me being on shift work.

I waiting a few months to join.
Well it might take longer than that... I’d go check it out and get their perspective on how realistic it is on that happening. Maybe if they knew of more potential members wanting to join but wish to shoot more than 300 yards, it would help their cause. I know my dad would’ve joined yesterday if the range was extended and they started running matches.

Might be just wishful thinking on my part... If I didn’t live 3 hours away, that’s what I’d be doing.

I really wanted to be at the 22 match. First one near us and I work. But thats usually how it goes for me being on shift work.
I’d planned to come in for it when it was initially scheduled in March, can’t make it this weekend

If anyone decides to shoot at FTS , bring a soft mat. The tables are cement, the mat helps with recoil management. If you’re shooting anything larger than a 338 bring a shooting mat because your prolly going to have to shoot from the balcony.

Reactions: themightytimmah
If anyone decides to shoot at FTS , bring a soft mat. The tables are cement, the mat helps with recoil management. If you’re shooting anything larger than a 338 bring a shooting mat because your prolly going to have to shoot from the balcony.

I think I prefer shooting from the balcony - I don’t mind shooting prone and the vantage point is so much better for the spotter.

Lafayette checking in. You guys really think that Fusiler is going to extend past 300 yards? They've been talking about that since Hub City closed.

Only got a run of mill .308
20200626_191644_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
Only got a run of mill .308View attachment 7395690

With ammo availability, I mostly shoot my Vudoo until I can start reloading. I’ve got a 6.5 Creedmoor and am in the process of building a 300 PRC (although 940 yards will seem pretty short with the big magnum)

Attachments

• 948E2238-C7B1-4DF0-8C58-3F8A56D59DF1.jpeg
    948E2238-C7B1-4DF0-8C58-3F8A56D59DF1.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44
  • D9A528CF-479C-445B-8B60-CA561AA35E18.jpeg
    D9A528CF-479C-445B-8B60-CA561AA35E18.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 8A3242F8-B16A-4B54-95A0-CED992EA69BC.jpeg
    8A3242F8-B16A-4B54-95A0-CED992EA69BC.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Joemac and PO3JDA
I'm in the Alexandria area. I've gone to one PRS match in west Louisiana match and a handful at Prince. The matches are addicting for sure, and the folks shooting in that group are top notch.

I'd suggest to not be hesitant about a match. The best way to learn those skills is to fall off into it, and some random new to you co-shooter will pick you up and get you on your way. A guy from Mississippi did it for me, and he kept me encouraged to keep doing it.

You can look up the LPRC group on Facebook, and you'll see that there's a PRS match in September at the Howard Prince range near Delhi. That's a haul from Youngsville, but it would be worth it. The group running those matches includes several top pro shooters in PRS, and they're eager to help new shooters. There are gobs of amateurs shooting there too though.

Most importantly, they are super safe there. Chamber flags are required, and mag must always be out unless you're up for your turn to fire the stage.

Reactions: RobertB
Most importantly, they are super safe there. Chamber flags are required, and mag must always be out unless you're up for your turn to fire the stage.

Can you run a rifle with a blind mag or is DBM pretty much required? Have been looking for custom DBM for my converted Sako but it’s hard to find.

Well fellas, I guess I will go then. What will y’all be shooting with? I will probably use my 6.5 creedmore, which is the only rifle I have velocity and dope for at this time. A match is normally 100 rounds of ammo?

Reactions: RobertB and JC0352
Well fellas, I guess I will go then. What will y’all be shooting with? I will probably use my 6.5 creedmore, which is the only rifle I have velocity and dope for at this time. A match is normally 100 rounds of ammo?

Most of the competitive guys shoot some form of 6mm, but you’ll see a lot of 6.5 CM, .308 and some .223. Yea bring 100 rounds and you’ll be good.

Were you able to find the registration on Practiscore or on the Facebook group?

Most of the competitive guys shoot some form of 6mm, but you’ll see a lot of 6.5 CM, .308 and some .223. Yea bring 100 rounds and you’ll be good.

Were you able to find the registration on Practiscore or on the Facebook group?

I actually have not been able to really check it out. I run a very large nursing home in Lafayette. With all the covid stuff going around, I haven’t been able to look yet. I will try after work this evening.

I posted some links a few posts back. Shoot me a message if you need any help. You’ll have to set up an account (it’s free) on Practiscore to see the registration page.

Max's wasn't a bad range to shoot. A little short at 700 yards and a down slope for shooting, so a .308 and .223 could definitely keep up there.

Max's wasn't a bad range to shoot. A little short at 700 yards and a down slope for shooting, so a .308 and .223 could definitely keep up there.
There were plans to extend it to 1300-1400. Not sure where they’re at with that.

I don't think it is going to happen. A lot of liability and if I remember correctly the owner recently was going through the fight with cancer. I don't know where he is with that since I haven't been out there in a while.

A4005BAD-79A5-4A26-9F00-E82AEEF3F8EF.png