• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Louisiana members.. check in here.

If either of y’all are coming up to the match on Saturday, bring me a bag of cheeseburgers from Judice Inn, plz
I was thinking of heading to the match. I have been wanting to get into PRS and would like to watch a match. But would be driving up Saturday morning and back to Lafayette that evening.

Reactions: RobertB
I was thinking of heading to the match. I have been wanting to get into PRS and would like to watch a match. But would be driving up Saturday morning and back to Lafayette that evening.
I wasn’t too serious about the burgers (maybe, haha!)

If you make it up there, don’t hesitate to ask any questions or to take a look at the targets through somebody’s binos. It’s a really friendly group.

Maybe they’ve gone downhill? I ate there at least once a week in college in the early 2000s. Something about that seasoning; I couldn’t get enough. Always had to eat 2 or 3 myself.

OK, So Ive been wanting to learn how to deer hunt, but I dont have anyone to take/teach me. Anyone here want to help out? PS I'm not a shady, watch your back around him person, 19 year police vet lol

Reactions: stefan73
OK, So Ive been wanting to learn how to deer hunt, but I dont have anyone to take/teach me. Anyone here want to help out? PS I'm not a shady, watch your back around him person, 19 year police vet lol
Got any friends/coworkers that can take you to their deer lease?

Reactions: stefan73

I grew up hunting here, when it was just a hunting club. It’s owned by some cousins of mine, and now it’s a high fenced operation and they have clients come in to hunt exotics as well as whitetail. Maybe a place to check out since you’re starting from scratch and don’t have anybody to take you.

Looking at starting some new stuff up at the Prince range and possibly some other places in Louisiana if the owners would allow.

What all sounds interesting to the Louisiana crowd? Train up days, mock matches, real matches, small group training? I'm wanting to get something going to benefit people from the state. I plan on doing more with Prince as well now that I'm very close to the place.

Thank you, Robert! Even in this thread, it seems there’s a lot of interest down south. There aren’t a lot of options so people willing to jump in have to travel to places like Prince or Gunline. I wish there was an easy answer to that conundrum.

Looking at starting some new stuff up at the Prince range and possibly some other places in Louisiana if the owners would allow.

What all sounds interesting to the Louisiana crowd? Train up days, mock matches, real matches, small group training? I'm wanting to get something going to benefit people from the state. I plan on doing more with Prince as well now that I'm very close to the place.

Thanks Robert! I’d be game for any of the above however Prince is a good ways from the house. There are a couple places I know of down South that could accommodate if there’s interest. I’d be glad to help any way I can and learn as much as I can.

Reactions: JC0352
I grew up hunting here, when it was just a hunting club. It’s owned by some cousins of mine, and now it’s a high fenced operation and they have clients come in to hunt exotics as well as whitetail. Maybe a place to check out since you’re starting from scratch and don’t have anybody to take you.

Got something set up with them. Thanks a bunch

Reactions: JC0352
Did you end up making it out there man?

Did you end up making it out there man?
Unfortunately, no. I didnt want to do the 3 am wake up to make to drive there, then back later that day and not shoot. I went to the camp instead and got an extra day duck hunting.

Unfortunately, no. I didnt want to do the 3 am wake up to make to drive there, then back later that day and not shoot. I went to the camp instead and got an extra day duck hunting.
Ah, gotcha. There were some people out there watching and I was wondering if that was anybody from here.

Thanks Robert! I’d be game for any of the above however Prince is a good ways from the house. There are a couple places I know of down South that could accommodate if there’s interest. I’d be glad to help any way I can and learn as much as I can.
I'd love to try something down south. Any info or ideas don't hesitate to let me know. I'm looking to grow as well!

I'm not real up to date with the facilities down there but would love to get something going.

Reactions: Bayoubigcat
I'd love to try something down south. Any info or ideas don't hesitate to let me know. I'm looking to grow as well!

I'm not real up to date with the facilities down there but would love to get something going.
Shot you a PM.

Baton Rouge checking in... Ill be moving to the Lake Charles area in the next few months, so trying to get a feel for the ranges around there. Ive never done anything past a couple hundred yards, but hoping to find something with some distance so I can pick up a new hobby lol.

Baton Rouge checking in... Ill be moving to the Lake Charles area in the next few months, so trying to get a feel for the ranges around there. Ive never done anything past a couple hundred yards, but hoping to find something with some distance so I can pick up a new hobby lol.
White Feather in Leesville goes out to 700.

Right on. Ill give them a look. My preliminary research yielded a couple gun clubs in LC that advertised ranges out to 600, which is plenty for me right now. Im a 100yd and in AR type guy, but would love to try and pick up some distance shooting as a fun hobby.

Lake Charles Gun Club has steel plates out to 612 yds, I go there all the time its my main range.
IMG_20180728_124211.jpg

Last edited: