• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Love this rifle..

Flynn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2010
Idaho
I received a FN SCAR 17 recently and I have to say that I love this rifle! It's light, accurate, great ergonomics, and nice features like a folding stock. Disassembly and cleaning is a breeze, it's very low maintenance. The only fault it has/had is the trigger, which I remedied with a Geissele Super SCAR. I have no trouble hitting an 18" plate at 500 meters. I've bought, sold and traded many firearms over the past few years and have had some great ones. This would include a LT OBR. Of all of them, this SCAR is by far my favorite.

In fact, If for some reason I had to sell my collection and was limited to keeping one, the SCAR would be it. I'm still working to get the rifle where I want it.. 50 years from now our kids will be watching the history/military channel top 10 battle rifles and the SCAR will be in the list. Photos:

FNSCAR_zps99b7d9bb.jpg

With a PTR 91 I'm working on:

IMG_20131121_195324_798_zps05eecefc.jpg

Please! Run it on the shootout thread at 100yards! We have yet to have anyone run a scar and it would be awesome to have in the mix! I hear nothing but good things about them!

My buddy Parker says his SCAR is the best rifle he's ever owned. Dude has over 25 years in the Sheriff's Dept.

My SCAR 16s is the same way. I bought the 16 thinking I would shoot it a couple of times then sell it. First trip to the range changed my mind, this gun runs like a sewing machine and is very accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 17
I'm going to rant some more about how much I love this rifle. To express how much I do, let me put it this way. If I could get reasonable prices for some of my other firearms (2 ARs, 2 AKs, a PTR 91, etc..), I would sell them all and get another SCAR 17 and a 16. Much like the other poster mentioned, I thought I would end up selling it after shooting it a bit. Instead, I fell in love...It's just that damn good..

If you're on the fence with this rifle. don't hesitate. If you're thinking of getting a semi-auto .308, seriously consider the SCAR 17..

Last edited:
Anyone with experience suppressing the SCAR? Just curious if there are any strange things that come up when running one suppressed.