• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Low Testosterone?

Re: Low Testosterone?

I've read many more places that the half life is closer to 2 weeks than it is to one week, but who knows
smile.gif

I'm stocking with 2 weeks
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its actualy getting more and more common , its easier for people to inject 10-15 units inter the skin than a full 1 cc into a muscle and worry about hitting a vein or things like that </div></div>

better absorption in tge muscle. Always asperate to be sure youre not in a vein!

I guess the half life issue will continue to be ongoing. My Doc states half life of cypionate is 4-5 days. Either way, it does take several weeks to get a build-up of Test in the body to see the noticeable effects. I did, however, have a crazy amount of intense, focused energy the first four days after starting injections. Placebo or not, I got some shit done!!! HA!

Jeff - ever hit a nerve going into your quad? I had that pleasure on Monday morning! The needle almost jumped completely out of the muscle, but I jammed that bastard back into it and sealed the deal. It didn't hurt so much as you feel it in your brain...a bit hard to describe unless you've done it. I can't wait to do it again!!
wink.gif

wgsp - it would definitely be of more benefit for you to break your 200mg dose down. I am at 160mgs/week, but break it into 80mg injections every 3.5 days (I know, I know...anal retentive). Breaking your dose down into smaller doses does a few things. First, it will mitigate the amount of excess Test in your body, which when it is not in use, will convert to E2 (Estrogen). Second, it will stop that "crash effect" you experienced the other day.

Will your doc allow you to self-inject? That would be most prudent and it will save you a boatload of cash in the long run.

I can't begin to tell you all how much my strength has increased this last month. I still cannot believe it. On top of the strentgh increase, I have noticed a significant decrease in the amount of time my muscles are taking to recover from workouts.

Kirbstyle - you're welcome. It is the only reason I put it up here.

Well, they (VA) give me pain medication for damage suffered in the army. Since '05. Now I've been on it so long it doesn't really affect me adversely, it just takes the pain away. But it also makes the male significantly reduce testosterone manufacture.

Now I'm sure there are a lot of vets on here and many have to take these meds so I feel it pertinent. Shooters that don't shoot for anyone anymore (because you can't have a job as a shooter, except in the military maybe, on these kinds of drugs --and probably shouldn't then either). If you are on pain meds, stronger pain meds, and have been for over six months, you definitely need your T checked.

Mine was WAAAY low. For six years at least. Once I started, it felt better FAST. Things went a little back to normal, sleep improved and went back to a more normal pattern. I take the testotsterone cipionate injection, 200mg/ml, once every two weeks. But now that I can do it at home, I plan on changing that to 100mg/.5ml once a week.

That way it shouldn't be so sore later, being a smaller shot once a week, and it should keep me at a more steady level. This is what I have read from others taking it for T replacement and not those abusing it. Bodybuilders use it differently it seems.

The dosing info that came with I read says it can be administered every two to four weeks. So they probably knew little about it and figured 3 weeks was good. Not so good. You go down pretty low at the end of the 2 weeks as it is (you need regular bloodwork on this stuff and you'll see it). I read the gel was notorious for bad ups and downs. With the shot, you get a boost right after you get it, and then it kind of slowly tapers. So every week should be better.

Good luck, it can make you feel better but you have to kind of get out and do things to really "feel like a man" again. I don't mean anything nefarious or slick, just do something. With low T, you get to laying around. The shot isn't magic, but if you get up and start doing things you will notice momentum build, weight come off, and things return to what feels more "normal".

Again, good luck!

Stryker - my Doc said the dosing guidelines physicians are given for Test Cyp are the same guidelines that were originally issued with the medication (in the late 70's, I believe he said). He goes "off label" with it. Also, you're right about the dose of once every two weeks making your level low at the end of your cycle. At the end of 8 days, my level was almost as low as when I got it checked prior to starting the injections! You might also consider taking your dose .25mL every 3-4 days, this would optimize your body's response and subsequent use of the Test.

Sustained periods of Opiate use will negatively impact a male's pituitary gland: production of Leutinizing Hormone and Follicle Stimulating Hormone are significantly dminished, and thus, a male's ability to naturally produce Testosterone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strykervet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, they (VA) give me pain medication for damage suffered in the army. Since '05. Now I've been on it so long it doesn't really affect me adversely, it just takes the pain away. But it also makes the male significantly reduce testosterone manufacture.

Now I'm sure there are a lot of vets on here and many have to take these meds so I feel it pertinent. Shooters that don't shoot for anyone anymore (because you can't have a job as a shooter, except in the military maybe, on these kinds of drugs --and probably shouldn't then either). If you are on pain meds, stronger pain meds, and have been for over six months, you definitely need your T checked.

Mine was WAAAY low. For six years at least. Once I started, it felt better FAST. Things went a little back to normal, sleep improved and went back to a more normal pattern. I take the testotsterone cipionate injection, 200mg/ml, once every two weeks. But now that I can do it at home, I plan on changing that to 100mg/.5ml once a week.

That way it shouldn't be so sore later, being a smaller shot once a week, and it should keep me at a more steady level. This is what I have read from others taking it for T replacement and not those abusing it. Bodybuilders use it differently it seems.

The dosing info that came with I read says it can be administered every two to four weeks. So they probably knew little about it and figured 3 weeks was good. Not so good. You go down pretty low at the end of the 2 weeks as it is (you need regular bloodwork on this stuff and you'll see it). I read the gel was notorious for bad ups and downs. With the shot, you get a boost right after you get it, and then it kind of slowly tapers. So every week should be better.

Good luck, it can make you feel better but you have to kind of get out and do things to really "feel like a man" again. I don't mean anything nefarious or slick, just do something. With low T, you get to laying around. The shot isn't magic, but if you get up and start doing things you will notice momentum build, weight come off, and things return to what feels more "normal".

Again, good luck! </div></div>

I've been battling these symptoms ever since my spine injury/surgery and your post made do some research on how opiates affect Test levels. I figured since I'm 24 that there had to be some OTHER reason why I'm feeling the way I am. HUGE eye opener. I'll be calling my PCM tommorow to start getting testing done.

Hey, glad that helped. They missed it on me for a long time; I kept track of my labs but I missed it too. Then I get this new guy, real sharp, of course I lose him 9 months later. Anyway, he caught it and got me started on it. Like FALex said, you'll notice hair thinning from long term opiate use too.

Talk about a catch22. Damned if you take it, damned if you don't. And being on all this stuff at a young age sucks, but if you are going to be on long term stuff for spinal damage like myself, then you definitely need to talk to them about T. Being 24 and on this stuff without T will turn you into a 70 year old fast without it. I'd advise knocking out that GI Bill if you haven't already too, because it won't get easier later. With disability, the VA turns it into vocational rehab and it covers all the costs instead of partial costs too. Go be whatever you want, you deserve it.

If you go to the VA, take someone with you when you start your shots and get it set up so you can do it yourself at home. They want you to use the gluteal muscle, and with back issues, you can't do that yourself likely. But I've seen a youtube video of a doctor go step by step on how to administer it and he used the thigh.

I never thought of doing it every three or four days, but I suppose that would make even more sense really. My levels do get near the bottom of acceptable after 2 weeks.

I am by no means an expert on this subject but what I have read and heard is that a mans body quits producing testosterone after the age of 30, not sure how accurate this is. I am 48 years old and for the last year and a half I've getting up at 4:45 am and going to the gym. I do a mix of cardio, crossfit and weights but mostly cardio but I think what has helped me is the strict nutritional suppliment regement that I have been on for the last 4 years. Everything that I take is Isontic which means you mix it with the correct amount of water and then drink it and within 10 minutes 95% of the vitamins are through your blood stream. I've been taking the OPC, Vitamin C, Vitamin B's and Multi vitamins all in the Isotonic form. The only thing that I take in the pill form is the Omega 3 fish oil / vitamin E. I have never had my testosterone levels checked but it might not be a bad ideal. My 10 year old son is a type 1 diabetic (Juvenile Diabetes) and has been since he was 7 years old, he has been on these same types a vitamins but for children and the only time that he has been to the ER is when he was first diagnosed. I don't know if it's the vitamins but I would never take him off of them. I know that since I started exercising and got my weight down from 205 back to 175 I feel great. Good luck to everyone that is battling this type of health issue.

2 weeks still makes sense, especially considering doctors will administer injections every 2 weeks. Propionate has a half life of 2-4 days if memory serves me correctly. Cypionate is quite a bit longer.

I've hit nerves enough in my quads to try and stay away from them. Keep rotating, you can develop scars from repeated locations. Delts are nice, glutes, and pecs.

Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the half life issue will continue to be ongoing. My Doc states half life of cypionate is 4-5 days. Either way, it does take several weeks to get a build-up of Test in the body to see the noticeable effects. I did, however, have a crazy amount of intense, focused energy the first four days after starting injections. Placebo or not, I got some shit done!!! HA!

Jeff - ever hit a nerve going into your quad? I had that pleasure on Monday morning! The needle almost jumped completely out of the muscle, but I jammed that bastard back into it and sealed the deal. It didn't hurt so much as you feel it in your brain...a bit hard to describe unless you've done it. I can't wait to do it again!!
wink.gif
</div></div>

Administering the medication every 3.5 days just keeps your levels "more stable" rather than roller coasting up and down. Every day would even be better, but then it is best to switch esters (propionate) and use a smaller dose.

On the other side of the coin, some members of the Secret Service seem to have elevated testosterone levels........

Last few injections were in the quad. Last one hurt like a bitch!!! For a few days. Must have got a nerve good. Felt like I was hit with a baseball for a couple days. Pulled the needle out immediately and injected elsewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last few injections were in the quad. Last one hurt like a bitch!!! For a few days. Must have got a nerve good. Felt like I was hit with a baseball for a couple days. Pulled the needle out immediately and injected elsewhere. </div></div>

Did it hurt just from the needle or did you put some oil in there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rodeo Trash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am by no means an expert on this subject but what I have read and heard is that a mans body quits producing testosterone after the age of 30, not sure how accurate this is...</div></div>

Nobody made a definitive statement related to a man's body ceasing natural production of Test at age 30. You definitely need to read up on xenoestrogens. In fact, all of you reading this go Google "xenoestrogens." Furthermore, everyone is different; folks taking certain meds for long periods of time (opiates, anti-depression meds, benzodiazepenes, etc...), other environmental factors, genetics, being knocked out, punched in the head (many times), concussions from playing contact sports, trauma to the testicles, and a whole host of other factors MAY contribute to a male having low T at younger and younger ages these days.

From everything I have gathered (and continue to gather), the xeno's are the primary issue. It appears there is an almost "feminization" of males going on in this country, and others as well.

Jeff Given said:
2 weeks still makes sense, especially considering doctors will administer injections every 2 weeks. Propionate has a half life of 2-4 days if memory serves me correctly. Cypionate is quite a bit longer.

I've hit nerves enough in my quads to try and stay away from them. Keep rotating, you can develop scars from repeated locations. Delts are nice, glutes, and pecs.

Jeff

Delts and pecs!!! How long of a syringe are you running? I believe mine are 1.5" and feel like if I pressed it all the way in, I would hit bone (going into the quads). Running into the delts, I feel like I would definitely hit my shoulder!! The glutes are great, I just can't see what the hell I'm doing back there; pinching and then doing the injection seem like an exercise in futility. And no, my wife refuses to inject me.

That could be your problem with your quads. 1.5" pin is for your glutes. Should also be 22-23 gauge. Everywhere else, 1" 25g maximum. it takes a little more time with a thinner pin, but its much nicer. Also, after injections, leave the pin in your muscle for about 10 seconds to make sure it doesn't "chase tge pin out."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Jeff Given said:

Jeff

Delts and pecs!!! How long of a syringe are you running? I believe mine are 1.5" and feel like if I pressed it all the way in, I would hit bone (going into the quads). Running into the delts, I feel like I would definitely hit my shoulder!! The glutes are great, I just can't see what the hell I'm doing back there; pinching and then doing the injection seem like an exercise in futility. And no, my wife refuses to inject me.</div></div>

"It appears there is an almost "feminization" of males going on in this country, and others as well."

I read a study a long time ago before this was an issue, and they said that T levels have been going down in men steadily over the last 20th century with noticeable changes in each generation. Something has to cause it?

Anyway, the body doesn't STOP producing testosterone at 30, it actually reaches a peak that I'm sure everyone of you over a certain age is aware of and can look back on and remember. It is different for everyone I suppose. But I THINK it starts going down after age 18 or so, and fairly rapidly. Think about what you thought about when you were 18. Then go look at a bodybuilding steroid site and see how those guys talk and what they talk about. They can't go two posts in a thread without making some kind of gutter sex joke based on a previous comment --that had nothing to do with sex.

I have heard that when you start taking the injectionst that your body will stop producing natural testosterone (but it wasn't in the first place, right?) and that you will be on it for life. Now if you are on drugs and stop taking them will it start again? I don't know. If you take them as steroids will go back to normal afterwards? I don't know. But I do know steroids are risky drugs to take, hard on the body, and some do permanently shut down production of certain chemicals. Prednisone can do this for instance.

BTW, not a doctor, I just read a lot about things that concern me.

As for injecting, he's right about the needles. I get 18ga. needles for drawing it from the vial, then I change those with 22ga. 1.5" needles. You wanna do this because the needle is so sharp it will get dull drawing out the oil. The larger needles actually make it less painful as it goes in faster, the 22ga. I think anyway. I agree that 25ga. is probably the smallest you want to use, the stuff is thick. Needles don't bother me and they don't hurt. The actual shot hurts worse over the next few days. It gets hot and quite sore, which is why I'm thinking doing half the shot every week may feel better too.

The last shot I had hurt about week. Pretty bad, like a baseball nailed me in the glute. With my back the way it is and the sciatic nerve in the condition it is in, accidentally injecting near it can cause me significant pain due to the area swelling that occurs, so in my case I think finding a suitable place in the quads is going to be more advantageous. For me anyway. And despite what people will tell you, the sciatic nerve CAN be nailed with 1.5" needle. It is a fat nerve that goes all the way to the bottom of your feet. Know how sensitive they are? I had a Toradol shot back there and the nurse put me in bed for two weeks. I needed a lot more than Toradol after that too.

A good review of anatomy will give you an idea of where to go, how thick the muscle is, what is underneath, etc. It isn't rocket science, but it isn't trial and error either. And rotating spots is good, the crap is cottonseed oil and it doesn't diffuse all that fast into the muscle, hence the pain.

Now folks inject it all over, but what I've been told is that the push to use the upper right quadrant of the glute is for a couple reasons. One is that if you do it in the right spot, you have less chance of hitting a nerve or vein (or worse, an artery!) and the glute is good for this, and in addition, the glute is also "a good place for the pain to go". Meaning it should interfere little with mobility, but it can make sitting comfortably kind of difficult. Finally, they tell me that the glute is the best place for the T shot because it is absorbed and used best by the body when injected there. How true this is I do not know.

Lots of good info on here for folks that may need this. The whole thing about getting tested if you are on pain killers is kind of new I think, I mean who would have guessed?

But one thing not mentioned, and deserves it, is T and shooting. T can cause anxiety and you can feel the "energy" in your nerves. I am of the school of thought that any change in how you feel can affect your shooting from one day to the next, so be prepared to fine tune your shooting if you start the stuff, and the day or so after the shot you feel more energetic than you do two weeks later. But overall it will make you feel better as a man if you're low on it.

Stryker - when I started this deal at age 28, I knew it would likely be for the rest of my life. Now, if you include subcutaneous injections of HcG three times/week, you will keep your testicles functioning, and it will also mitigate the atrophy that occurs if you don't use HcG. I have had enough Test labs done to know my pituitary gland no longer functions, and so my body's natural ability to produce Test is definitely sub-par.

As far as shooting goes, I draw up with an 18g, and inject with a 23g pin. I don't get any pain at all. Even punching the nerve did not hurt, it was just a weird sensation, and my body's reaction was very fast. It is super important to not have any flex or tension in the muscle you're injecting into as that will cause the soreness you speak of. When I started with injections, there were times when I did feel "edgy," but it subsided within a couple of hours and I have not experienced this since a month after I began.

On a whole different note - Watson Labs is out of Testosterone, they won't say why, but there is an overall shortage of Test Cyp IM injectable across the board (Sandoz stopped production of Test period, Teva is short on raw materials, and Paddock Labs is backordered on some of their products). I was getting the 10mL vial which was perfect from Watson. But now, I get it from Paddock Labs in 1mL vials!! These freaking things are maddening to work with! Because I take .8mL's/week, it becomes a struggle to get that last .2mL out of the damn vial. Having to manipulate the vial, bend the damn syringe to get an angle where you can suck that last little bit up is ridiculous. Not to mention, I have umpteen 1mL vials all over the bathroom. It is ridiculous. It's a small thing to bitch about, but if you have to pay cash for this stuff, I will break it down for you:

One 10mL vial = about 85.00-90.00
Ten 1mL vials = 240.00

fucking stupid, isn't it? Pharmacist stated the difference in cost is because "they have to package each separate dose in individual vials, packaging, etc..." but it is the same amount of medication overall.

No wonder our healthcare system is so fucked up...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, thanks for this thread!! I had to ask my GP for a Test. level in my last blood work, because of lack of energy, sex drive, etc. He says it's "normal". I ask what is it---220!! Got a referral to an Endocrinologist. Well, I'm 72, but I want my old self back, so I hope Medicare covers this.... </div></div>
I had the same thing from my doc ...normal ...wtf is " Normal "??? He would not even really talk about it and changed the subject everytime I tried to pry info out of him ...... I'm 50 6'1" 165# and what I consider great shape . BUT I think I should feel alot more energetic ! I used to want to do stuff , last few years I can tell I'm getting lazy and lathargic... guess I will have to see one of those specialists too!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff Given</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlaw973</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last few injections were in the quad. Last one hurt like a bitch!!! For a few days. Must have got a nerve good. Felt like I was hit with a baseball for a couple days. Pulled the needle out immediately and injected elsewhere. </div></div>

Did it hurt just from the needle or did you put some oil in there?

</div></div>

Not sure, but it was immediately after sticking the needle. Pulled it straight out and stuck in a different spot.

I apologize, folks, for not mentioning this from the get-go. The Endocrine Society is responsible for establishing the "normal" Test serum levels in males and females, and is the standard to whom your primary care doc will look toward when evaluating your case. They also maintain the guidelines for therapy, if needed. For your information, the "normal level" for males is between 300 - 1000. Does that even sound logical? A 700 point difference?

For the edification of you folks, my doc indicates a level of 800-1000 is "normal." Not even a negligible difference!

I would suspect testosterone levels are leaving men earlier for a few reasons.

1. I doubt our fathers were tested to know what their levels were.

2. We're a fat nation. Fat = Estrogen.

Don't be too hard on steroids; we're all taking them (Testosterone is a steroid). There are no scientific studies that link their use to being unhealthy either. We're among one of the only countries in the world that have made them illegal over the counter (and this was in defiance to the FDA, DEA, and AMA)...gotta love congress, but I digress.

You're totally right about changing pins after drawing up, but I'd stay away from the 18g for drawing as it can take chunks out of the stopper (yikes!).

For a glute shot, make an "L" with your thumb and index finger, put your thumb on the top of your hip and rotate your hand so your index is on your glute. That's where you stick it. Another reason for sore muscles is because you're probably not keeping the syringe still, but rather, shaking it. The end of the needle is now dragging across your muscle (yikes!)

I've never had any anxiety at all from Testosterone and have never read anything stating that as a "side effect." All testosterone does is enhance protein synthesis in the muscles...

JG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Strykervet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"It appears there is an almost "feminization" of males going on in this country, and others as well."

I read a study a long time ago before this was an issue, and they said that T levels have been going down in men steadily over the last 20th century with noticeable changes in each generation. Something has to cause it?

Anyway, the body doesn't STOP producing testosterone at 30, it actually reaches a peak that I'm sure everyone of you over a certain age is aware of and can look back on and remember. It is different for everyone I suppose. But I THINK it starts going down after age 18 or so, and fairly rapidly. Think about what you thought about when you were 18. Then go look at a bodybuilding steroid site and see how those guys talk and what they talk about. They can't go two posts in a thread without making some kind of gutter sex joke based on a previous comment --that had nothing to do with sex.

I have heard that when you start taking the injectionst that your body will stop producing natural testosterone (but it wasn't in the first place, right?) and that you will be on it for life. Now if you are on drugs and stop taking them will it start again? I don't know. If you take them as steroids will go back to normal afterwards? I don't know. But I do know steroids are risky drugs to take, hard on the body, and some do permanently shut down production of certain chemicals. Prednisone can do this for instance.

BTW, not a doctor, I just read a lot about things that concern me.

As for injecting, he's right about the needles. I get 18ga. needles for drawing it from the vial, then I change those with 22ga. 1.5" needles. You wanna do this because the needle is so sharp it will get dull drawing out the oil. The larger needles actually make it less painful as it goes in faster, the 22ga. I think anyway. I agree that 25ga. is probably the smallest you want to use, the stuff is thick. Needles don't bother me and they don't hurt. The actual shot hurts worse over the next few days. It gets hot and quite sore, which is why I'm thinking doing half the shot every week may feel better too.

The last shot I had hurt about week. Pretty bad, like a baseball nailed me in the glute. With my back the way it is and the sciatic nerve in the condition it is in, accidentally injecting near it can cause me significant pain due to the area swelling that occurs, so in my case I think finding a suitable place in the quads is going to be more advantageous. For me anyway. And despite what people will tell you, the sciatic nerve CAN be nailed with 1.5" needle. It is a fat nerve that goes all the way to the bottom of your feet. Know how sensitive they are? I had a Toradol shot back there and the nurse put me in bed for two weeks. I needed a lot more than Toradol after that too.

A good review of anatomy will give you an idea of where to go, how thick the muscle is, what is underneath, etc. It isn't rocket science, but it isn't trial and error either. And rotating spots is good, the crap is cottonseed oil and it doesn't diffuse all that fast into the muscle, hence the pain.

Now folks inject it all over, but what I've been told is that the push to use the upper right quadrant of the glute is for a couple reasons. One is that if you do it in the right spot, you have less chance of hitting a nerve or vein (or worse, an artery!) and the glute is good for this, and in addition, the glute is also "a good place for the pain to go". Meaning it should interfere little with mobility, but it can make sitting comfortably kind of difficult. Finally, they tell me that the glute is the best place for the T shot because it is absorbed and used best by the body when injected there. How true this is I do not know.

Lots of good info on here for folks that may need this. The whole thing about getting tested if you are on pain killers is kind of new I think, I mean who would have guessed?

But one thing not mentioned, and deserves it, is T and shooting. T can cause anxiety and you can feel the "energy" in your nerves. I am of the school of thought that any change in how you feel can affect your shooting from one day to the next, so be prepared to fine tune your shooting if you start the stuff, and the day or so after the shot you feel more energetic than you do two weeks later. But overall it will make you feel better as a man if you're low on it.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wgsp - it would definitely be of more benefit for you to break your 200mg dose down. I am at 160mgs/week, but break it into 80mg injections every 3.5 days (I know, I know...anal retentive). Breaking your dose down into smaller doses does a few things. First, it will mitigate the amount of excess Test in your body, which when it is not in use, will convert to E2 (Estrogen). Second, it will stop that "crash effect" you experienced the other day.

Will your doc allow you to self-inject? That would be most prudent and it will save you a boatload of cash in the long run.

</div></div>

Per my first post in the thread, I'm doing 20mg (.1cc) injections daily, subcutaneous. Doc (#4)let me self inject from the get go. That first dose I mentioned was from the idiot doc (#1) that I used to go to.

I'm new to this whole TRT thing, but one thing I've learned is to research it yourself and move on to a doctor willing to treat you the way you want treated. I've had severe fatigue problems on and off for the past 2.5 years. Mild fatigue going back to my early 20's on and off. I've been through a total of 4 doctors this year, 5 going back to when it first got bad a few years ago.

Doc #1 (this year) He wanted to spend more time talking to me about my Vitamin D deficiency than my Testosterone issue. He also told me prior to my labs that when he did bloodwork and it came back normal, that I'd need to resign myself to another sleep study (yet another story there). He gave me the mentioned 2CC shot of test and sent me on my way.

Doc #2 was chief of endocrinology for a local hospital, he listened very little to my actual symptoms, more concerned with lab #'s. He called me and congratulated me when my labs came back at 327 and said I was normal so I should be fine. The fatigue was so bad the day I got that voice mail that I might have actually hit the guy had he said that in person.

Doc #3 Crazy vegan lady. Made me do a 3 week vegan diet before she would order blood work. I was desperate, so I gave it a go despite my better judgement. On the second visit, she blamed my weight gain and continued fatigue on the fact that I only lasted 2 weeks on the diet (had to travel that 3rd week and it just wasn't going to work). Arguing ensued and I quit seeing her

Doc #4 Holistic/age management doc. Actually cared that I was miserable, did blood work right away, got me on meds right away. The biggest thing that sold me is he called out the "normal" range for what it was, BS, and said " fuck normal, lets shoot for optimal."

wgsp - your 4th doc sounds just like mine. I unfortunately had to cycle through 3 other docs to arrive at my current doc as well. He is a DO and his clinic is a "rejuvenative" clinic, which I believe, is the age management stuff. He also shoots for optimal at 800-1000. I can dig it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff Given</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> how are you doing .1 ml unless you're using an insulin needle? </div></div>

No idea what kind of needle, I would assume you are correct. I was expecting IM injections, doc ordered subq. I got 60 pre-filled syringes from the compounding pharmacy he uses.

29g .5" would be insulin needles. I would assume that's what you're using since they are pre loaded from the Dr.

That's cool that you get it like that...would make it a lot easier!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff Given</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 29g .5" would be insulin needles. I would assume that's what you're using since they are pre loaded from the Dr.

That's cool that you get it like that...would make it a lot easier!

</div></div>

Indeed. I was kind of psyching myself out over the IM injections. Call me a pussy but I was quite relieved to be doing the small needle/subq. It's not bad at all!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey folks, I decided to post this due to my own experience, and I think it will help many others. My apologies in advance for the extended post, but I think background info is important...

I am 6'4", 230 lbs. 30 years old (just turned 30, by the way). I started this whole trip because I was telling a dude I work with how crappy I was feeling. I was super lethargic, apathetic, I had a horrible memory, and did not want to do diddily shit at my job due to a kind of fogginess in my head (sorry, kind of hard to describe).

He suggested I go to this clinic where they prescribe some bioidentical cream (testosterone) rubbed onto the inner thigh once daily when my test level was at 140 (should've been at about 700-900). That did not work at all, so I went to my primary care doc, who put me on androgel. Unfortunately, I had to take so much of it, I was bathing in it, which was ridiculous. Additionally, after being on it consecutively for 7 months, my level got to 367. The bad part is is that he felt this level was "perfect."

Then, my insurance changed, and the gel was going to become a ridiculous amount of money every month so my primary care doc gave me a 200mg injection of Test Cypionate, to be repeated every 3 weeks!!! Anyhow, I knew, just from my research, that this was not right. The injections should be on a weekly basis to mitigate the "roller coaster effect" on your hormone levels. Luckily, I work with two other gentlemen who go to a doc who is "in tuned" to the entire TRT process. This guy is legit! After his first session with me, he ordered a gallon of blood, to be tested for everything. After not having any test for 2 weeks, my level came back at 367 (yes, again). He said, "your testosterone level is in the toilet." Music to my ears because he said it should be 800-900 at my age. He said it is currently in the "100 year-old man's range." Let me break down the regimen:

*Arimidex 1x weekly - estrogen blocker (half a pill, not sure of mg)
*100mg Test Cyp IM injection 1x weekly (will probably go to 200 after first set of labs in 6 weeks)
*Armour Thyroid 30mg every morning (first two weeks then switch to 60mg every morning)
*.25mL HcG subcutaneous injection on day's 6-7 every week
*10mg's micronized Progesterone every night before bed
*12.5mg Iodoral daily
*150mg Zinc daily
*50mg DHEA every morning
*10,000 IU's Vitamin D3 every morning
* An entire boatload of Vitamin C (daily, seriously, about 4 grams daily)
* 500mg of any OPC I can get (these are primarily antioxidants- Resveratrol, Noni, Acai, etc...)

How's that looking? I have been on this regiment for five weeks now. The good part- I have a great outlook and already feel infinitely better. Well, you might be wondering how much better am I feeling since starting the injections? I'll tell you what, I went from doing nothing (literally) in terms of working out to waking up everyday at 4:30am, putting in 10 miles on the elliptical, mega loads of pushups, and other free weight training all before I leave for work at 7:15am.

The ONLY bad part- the HcG and Progesterone have to be compounded and are no that cheap (80 bucks a month, but the testosterone is way cheaper than it used to be). Oh well, I need my life back. I'll be checking in routinely. I have labs in another week and I will update again after those as well.

If any of you folks have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Again, sorry for the Russian novel-type post...I do believe the subject matter does warrant it, though. Have a good day all. </div></div>
I am 27 and I feel exactly how you describe. Dr wont even give me the test. They say I need to lose weight. Maybe so but even when I take weight off I still feel terrible. Even after a run or workout I just feel tired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey folks, I decided to post this due to my own experience, and I think it will help many others. My apologies in advance for the extended post, but I think background info is important...

I am 6'4", 230 lbs. 30 years old (just turned 30, by the way). I started this whole trip because I was telling a dude I work with how crappy I was feeling. I was super lethargic, apathetic, I had a horrible memory, and did not want to do diddily shit at my job due to a kind of fogginess in my head (sorry, kind of hard to describe).

He suggested I go to this clinic where they prescribe some bioidentical cream (testosterone) rubbed onto the inner thigh once daily when my test level was at 140 (should've been at about 700-900). That did not work at all, so I went to my primary care doc, who put me on androgel. Unfortunately, I had to take so much of it, I was bathing in it, which was ridiculous. Additionally, after being on it consecutively for 7 months, my level got to 367. The bad part is is that he felt this level was "perfect."

Then, my insurance changed, and the gel was going to become a ridiculous amount of money every month so my primary care doc gave me a 200mg injection of Test Cypionate, to be repeated every 3 weeks!!! Anyhow, I knew, just from my research, that this was not right. The injections should be on a weekly basis to mitigate the "roller coaster effect" on your hormone levels. Luckily, I work with two other gentlemen who go to a doc who is "in tuned" to the entire TRT process. This guy is legit! After his first session with me, he ordered a gallon of blood, to be tested for everything. After not having any test for 2 weeks, my level came back at 367 (yes, again). He said, "your testosterone level is in the toilet." Music to my ears because he said it should be 800-900 at my age. He said it is currently in the "100 year-old man's range." Let me break down the regimen:

*Arimidex 1x weekly - estrogen blocker (half a pill, not sure of mg)
*100mg Test Cyp IM injection 1x weekly (will probably go to 200 after first set of labs in 6 weeks)
*Armour Thyroid 30mg every morning (first two weeks then switch to 60mg every morning)
*.25mL HcG subcutaneous injection on day's 6-7 every week
*10mg's micronized Progesterone every night before bed
*12.5mg Iodoral daily
*150mg Zinc daily
*50mg DHEA every morning
*10,000 IU's Vitamin D3 every morning
* An entire boatload of Vitamin C (daily, seriously, about 4 grams daily)
* 500mg of any OPC I can get (these are primarily antioxidants- Resveratrol, Noni, Acai, etc...)

How's that looking? I have been on this regiment for five weeks now. The good part- I have a great outlook and already feel infinitely better. Well, you might be wondering how much better am I feeling since starting the injections? I'll tell you what, I went from doing nothing (literally) in terms of working out to waking up everyday at 4:30am, putting in 10 miles on the elliptical, mega loads of pushups, and other free weight training all before I leave for work at 7:15am.

The ONLY bad part- the HcG and Progesterone have to be compounded and are no that cheap (80 bucks a month, but the testosterone is way cheaper than it used to be). Oh well, I need my life back. I'll be checking in routinely. I have labs in another week and I will update again after those as well.

If any of you folks have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Again, sorry for the Russian novel-type post...I do believe the subject matter does warrant it, though. Have a good day all. </div></div>
I am 27 and I feel exactly how you describe. Dr wont even give me the test. They say I need to lose weight. Maybe so but even when I take weight off I still feel terrible. Even after a run or workout I just feel tired. </div></div>

well, friend, that's exactly what second opinions are for. Run, and go see!

Most Definitely go get a second opinion. I do not claim to be a doctor, but as I said in one of these posts, the media has bastardized hormones so badly that even some doctors have no idea. If you need to, find an endocrinologist and talk with him/her.

WGSP, not trying to be a know it all. I just read that post and I apologize if I came off as a dick...that is not my intention.

If Sub Q is working for you and you're comfortable with it, more power to you!!

Sorry for that last post!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeff Given</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WGSP, not trying to be a know it all. I just read that post and I apologize if I came off as a dick...that is not my intention.

If Sub Q is working for you and you're comfortable with it, more power to you!!

Sorry for that last post!! </div></div>

I would say earlier posts came off as a dick, but no worries I have thick skin
smile.gif

I've only been on injections for about a week. I'll get labs done in about another 3 weeks and I'll post up the results. I was rather surprised (and relieved) about the injections being SubQ vs IM. As long as I start feeling better, I'm fine being the forum guinea pig.

I did some research and it seems to be a trend on the bodybuilding forums for several years now and they often reference some sort of Canadian endocrinology study that said subq gave more balanced levels over time.

Damn, I didn't think I was being a dick earlier, but now that I wasn't I thought I was...

Guess I'm a dipshit..

To all I may have came across as a dick to, I apologize as that was never my intentions.

Jeff

Well, I reviewed last weeks bloodwork with my doc today.

Started at 238 total/11 free, and after 4 weeks I'm up to 940 total/40 free. Dosage is 20mg/day subq.

I was quite surprised my levels were up that high as I still have some days where the fatigue comes back. I suppose my body is still adjusting.

I had mine tested about 2 months ago and started daily gel application 2 1/2 weeks ago and its the bomb. Much more energy and my wife tells me im much more pleasant to be around. Quite an improvement in many areas.

SP

I a few years ago had a MD who did my vasectomy say I should have mine checked and look into T replacement. I asked my normal MD to check he did it was in the 300 range and he said ok. I knew this was low and after a few months went to a guy who specializes in the implant for T in the side of you *ss. I felt better for months then didnt like the idea of doing it again asked my normal MD again and his nurse gave me Androgel. I think its helping but have read the absorption is very poor. I might got back the the implant guy I dont know. I do know I will keep on some T therapy as I feel much better then without it. I am now 45 and wish I had done it before. Good luck to all.

I had mine checked and it was in the low 300 range. I'm 42 and my doc didn't seem concerned but I have the same symptoms decribed by alot of you. Fatigue no matter how much sleep I get, and no matter how strict a diet can't drop the weight. Are there any over the counter products that work or do I need to seek out a specialist?

sorry guys, I thought this thread died off awhile back...I just happened to see it on the side of the forums front page as the most recent posting...

PGG - Androgel is okay, but you're right about the absorption rate. Additionally, there are multiple enzymes in our skin that convert a good portion of the T in the gels to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) which is what is responsible for acne, baldness, etc...are you opposed to self injections? Most people see it as a rather big leap, but my results have been fantatstic.

topgun - my T was 366 when I started. My primary care doc stated this was "perfect." When I went to the TRT specialist, he said it is the equivalent of a 100 year-old man's T levels. It now hovers around 900-1000; concentration is insane, memory is where it should be, and my strength gains were just stupid until I threw my back out a month ago, of course.

I can't stress this enough, however. If you go with injections. Doing smaller dosages every 3.5 days, or even smaller dosages every other day, are the absolute best way to get your level up without having to mess around with the damn estrogen conversion. This is also something you dudes using gels need to look out for: estrogen (or E2) conversion.

Injecting onesself does appear to be awkward, especially if you're squeamish, but after doing them a few times, you get more "used" to it...I started out with a 23 gauge needle which was not bad, then my pharmacist looked at me cock-eyed and handed me some 25 gauge needles. Now I can't even feel it!

I can't remember if I mentioned this already, but for anyone reading this, please go google "xenoestrogens." Kind of a silent epidemic. This shit is everywhere, literally.

Thanks FALex...gonna tell my doc to start treatment or find another doc.

FAlex where do you inject? Upper outer hip I suppose? I read the post someone said they were doing sub q I am sure I could do that without a problem. I am super un-flexible do to years of lower back problems and I doubt I could hold steady and inject my outer hip without cramping and problems but I might be wrong. PG

Has anyone asked their docs for Anavar pills? It looks promising to me but I be they would be reluctant to write a script for it and I think the prices are nuts on them. PG

!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FAlex where do you inject? Upper outer hip I suppose? I read the post someone said they were doing sub q I am sure I could do that without a problem. I am super un-flexible do to years of lower back problems and I doubt I could hold steady and inject my outer hip without cramping and problems but I might be wrong. PG

Has anyone asked their docs for Anavar pills? It looks promising to me but I be they would be reluctant to write a script for it and I think the prices are nuts on them. PG </div></div>

I hit my quads because I don't know how hitting myself in the hip/glute would go. I like to actually grab the quad, pinch it, and stick the needle in. I tried it with my glute, but it was just too difficult to pinch it then stick it. I suppose it would be easier if this shit wasn't the consistency of molasses! Many folks do it by not pinching the glute and just slamming the pin home, which would also work, but the pinch has worked for me.

I do, however, rotate quads and vary the area in the quad that is stuck.

Have not spoken to the doc about the Anavar (sp?), but I don't want to, either. The injectable is soooo cheap and works like a charm, anyway. "If it ain't broke..."

Re: !

First: thanks to all who have posted and shared here. It has been an encouraging read and prompted me to get my T Levels checked.

At age 42 I'm at a miserable T level of 276 to 316 (taken 4 weeks apart). For YEARS I've been tired, irritable, tired, poor memory, tired, no libido, tired... and really tired. My primary care physician has been seeing an uptick in the past few months with patients getting tested for low T, so we're trying something new...

Doc prescribed AXIROM which is a topical (not Androgel) testosterone solution. Eli Lilly provides an incentive that makes sure that your co-pay is limited to $25 and the product cost to your insurance is actually pretty reasonable as well. Picked it up and will start tomorrow morning.

As a side note: I asked about self-injecting... my PCP's office is VERY reluctant to do that. If the AXIROM doesn't do it or I really dislike using it (you apply it to your underarms daily) I'll either push for self-injecting or change doctors.

I'll report progress back here in a few days.

Thanks again all for your input to this thread!

Mr.Miam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FAlex where do you inject? Upper outer hip I suppose? I read the post someone said they were doing sub q I am sure I could do that without a problem. I am super un-flexible do to years of lower back problems and I doubt I could hold steady and inject my outer hip without cramping and problems but I might be wrong. PG

Has anyone asked their docs for Anavar pills? It looks promising to me but I be they would be reluctant to write a script for it and I think the prices are nuts on them. PG </div></div>

I hit my quads because I don't know how hitting myself in the hip/glute would go. I like to actually grab the quad, pinch it, and stick the needle in. I tried it with my glute, but it was just too difficult to pinch it then stick it. I suppose it would be easier if this shit wasn't the consistency of molasses! Many folks do it by not pinching the glute and just slamming the pin home, which would also work, but the pinch has worked for me.

I do, however, rotate quads and vary the area in the quad that is stuck.

Have not spoken to the doc about the Anavar (sp?), but I don't want to, either. The injectable is soooo cheap and works like a charm, anyway. "If it ain't broke..." </div></div>

Shooting you test more often does several things for the positive , it slows the estrogen conversion , helps maintain a steady blood level of the hormone and being that the test most often used is Cyp which has a half life of about 10 days the more frequent small injections will allow to to use less
you will test higher taking 20mg a day for 7 days than if you took one 140mg shot every 7 days. so you can take less hormone and get same results with less worry of estrogen conversion.

As for anavar , it's not gonna do anything for your test levels , it does a great job helping build muscle and joint tissue and cut bodyfat though , it is pretty liver toxic though so if you tinker with it don't get retarded with the dose of stay on to long or you will end up with high AST and ALT and dramatically reduced HDL cholesterol all three of which are BAD for you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr.Maim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First: thanks to all who have posted and shared here. It has been an encouraging read and prompted me to get my T Levels checked.

At age 42 I'm at a miserable T level of 276 to 316 (taken 4 weeks apart). For YEARS I've been tired, irritable, tired, poor memory, tired, no libido, tired... and really tired. My primary care physician has been seeing an uptick in the past few months with patients getting tested for low T, so we're trying something new...

Doc prescribed AXIROM which is a topical (not Androgel) testosterone solution. Eli Lilly provides an incentive that makes sure that your co-pay is limited to $25 and the product cost to your insurance is actually pretty reasonable as well. Picked it up and will start tomorrow morning.

As a side note: I asked about self-injecting... my PCP's office is VERY reluctant to do that. If the AXIROM doesn't do it or I really dislike using it (you apply it to your underarms daily) I'll either push for self-injecting or change doctors.

I'll report progress back here in a few days.

Thanks again all for your input to this thread!

Mr.Miam </div></div>

Glad to see you get something going, Mr. Maim.

Hopefully you'll notice some difference. With my topical experience, it took me a good month before I started noticing any effects...it really needs to build up. It is also important not to skip any dosages. Lastly, (I learned this after I started the IM injections), but if you can swing it, you should consider doing half of whatever your prescribed dose is in the am, then do the other half just before bed. Just like doing smaller dosage injections more frequently, doing the half/half dosing with the gel will slow the T's conversion to Estrogen. Controlling the Estrogen in any TRT program is paramount to achieving success. Please keep us updated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Glad to see you get something going, Mr. Maim.

Hopefully you'll notice some difference. With my topical experience, it took me a good month before I started noticing any effects...it really needs to build up. It is also important not to skip any dosages. Lastly, (I learned this after I started the IM injections), but if you can swing it, you should consider doing half of whatever your prescribed dose is in the am, then do the other half just before bed. Just like doing smaller dosage injections more frequently, doing the half/half dosing with the gel will slow the T's conversion to Estrogen. Controlling the Estrogen in any TRT program is paramount to achieving success. Please keep us updated.

</div></div>

Thanks FALex!

Two questions:

1) What topical did you use?

2) How do you know the presence/rate of your body's conversion of T to Estrogen? Is there any way to guage it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FAlex where do you inject? Upper outer hip I suppose? I read the post someone said they were doing sub q I am sure I could do that without a problem. I am super un-flexible do to years of lower back problems and I doubt I could hold steady and inject my outer hip without cramping and problems but I might be wrong. PG

I'm the one doing subq. I'm injecting into the quad and sides of my thigh. Daily injections, 20 mg. I went from 236 to 940 total test in about month. I've had followup bloodwork to see how its progressed/sustained, but I haven't been able to get to my doc to review it yet.

1) I used Androgel, %1.62, at 6 pumps daily (max dose).

2)Everyone is different, there is no constant in terms of excess T's conversion to estrogen.

Do some reading on the topical T meds. Essentially, the skin is responsible for converting much of the T in the medication (which is a relatively low amount to begin with) to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). This is not an inherently bad issue, but DHT is not T. DHT is a significant factor in all things sex...organs to libido. It is also responsible for acne and hair loss.

ETA - the surest damn way to know if your estrogen (E2) level is too high is your chest...if you feel swolleness, tenderness, or nodules/lumps under the nipple, stop the T and go to your doc ASAP. The best way to mitigate the excess T conversion to E2 is to WORK OUT...HARD!!! Go throw some weights around...you do that, you should not have a problem. It does help to stay away from certain foods (stay the hell away from all products soy-related...parabens from soaps, skin products, etc...)

I started on the low dose of the gel, then went to a mid-range dose, then to the highest dose prescribable. My T only jumped about 250 points, total. The shitty part of this was, my PCP was not monitoring estrogen, SHBG, T3/T4, D3 (Vitamin D), DHEA, etc...all of those, including cholestrol, hematocrit (the actual amount of blood in your body), etc...should be checked a couple of times a year. After speaking with others on the gels, I found this was the norm as far as being treated by the primary care physicians was concerned.