• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos LR Australia

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    This was taken in an area we like to shoot.
    The valleys and gullys roll all the way round to the left and right.

Rocks / Dam walls / Wombat holes / Tree stumps / Rabbits etc to shoot at all the way out past 1500m (way too far for my .308). Fairly steep angles in some areas depending what you're shooting at.

Because of the terrain, wind gusts from 1-7 meters per second from generally the images 12 up the gully in the afternoon.

Kit:
    Rem700 SPS Tac 308 / MK4 4.5-14x50 / McM A5
    Camelbak BMF
    Kestrel 3500NV
    iTouch + Otter box (KAC Bullet Flight)
    Bushnell Excursion 15-45x60 MilDot spotter

Enjoy

Re: LR Australia

That is some beautiful country, maybe I'll have to rethink my no international travel opinions.

Down in Victoria at the moment, we had a couple days of fairly solid rain this week so it's green for this time of year but definitely dry.

Thanks guys, appreciated

Is that anywhere near Brisbane? I've got a plant there that I won't be able to avoid for too long, and a little shooting might make the trip a lot more enjoyable.

175gr Federal match SMK. It shoots ragged hole groups at 100yds and does well out to 700+ meters here. Will begin load development once I've chewed through the remaining 200ish left from that batch.

Brisbane is about 850 Miles north of here, I've never been hunting as such up there but it's a nice area and surely you could figure something out!

96C,
    Good stuff mate.
    Much better shooting out in the scrub than at the rifle range. I see what you mean about some good shooting country.
    Bit steeper over this side of the divide.

That's some damn beautiful country. I don't suppose there's a post office and retail electronics store hiding behind one of those trees there? I might just have to make the move if there is...

wink.gif

I'm in Aus at the moment....making my first trip down to Melbourne on Thursday for a couple for days.

Looks like great countryside!

Got me thinking about "relocating"!

Any room for another Pom?
    wink.gif

Great pic of your 'range'. Thanks for sharing it with us. Australia is a great country. I would move down there but my better half can't stand being that far away from the kids as of yet. I have been there but just to Melbourne and Sydney. Made the mistake once of wearing an All Blacks jersey in Australia I had picked up in New Zealand just before my visit and was politely told it would be in the best interest of my health to take it off while in country. Can you get a decent parcel of land there at a good price? Most depends I imagine on location and proximity to the coast and water supply. regards, Dale.

looks like where i shoot down here about an hour or 2 north/west of melbourne, rolling hills are great to pick off the bunnies and foxes, fox cubs everywhere at the moment down here!!!!

just wistle like your calling up your uncles old blue healer and the cubs start trotting up, hahahahaha

love seeing the pics of other aussies

jimi